25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Down to me being a muppet and not getting the right day (!)

Thank you my lovely :) I'm very proud of you too - and how upbeat you're sounding! :)

Don't worry about the gain, you're doing more activity on more days in a row thank you likely have for a long time - including the bonkage ;) - it's probably water protecting your muscles to help them mend :)

Thanks to all you loverrrrly ladies for your messages!

It occurred to me that one of the things people do is promise themselves to start their diet "on the twelfth of never" but 31st April would also do .... LOL

Theria ... I know that you are right. And I DO get obsessed with the scale. I do try not to!

It will be easier not to in the winter owing to the vast number of layers of clothes I'd have to take off (I always weigh near-naked). Well I didn't weigh today Theria because I'm all togged up in layers of paint-spatterd decorating clothes, including thick woolly socks and a pair of old trainers. The heating has broken down and there's no way I'm taking off anything. I even slept last night in the clothes I had worn all day!

I shall weigh on Wednesdays, as I am in a challenge with a 13 stone guy to lose 3 stone by the end of the year. Our weigh in is Wednesday and he plots it all on a graph and sends me a copy. Of course I am going to win, as it's far harder to lose 3st when you are 13st than when you are (was) 25 stone. But he hasn't twigged this, and I'm not going to tell him as I love to win! Heheheh!

Again could not go to the pool as I have urgent decorating to do. But on the plus side, all this hand-sanding, stretching, bending, reaching, and carrying stuff up and down the stairs burns a lot of callies when you're 23 stone plus.

The personal trainer/gym manager took the room and moves in on Monday. The room decor is badly damaged so I have to spend every day from now till then sorting it. I've a guy coming in Friday and Monday just to do the ceiling and emulsion the walls, but I won't pay people to do what I can do myself, so all the woodwork repair and repainting is down to me.

Oh, four bursts of water aerobics in five days has finally taken its toll: I hurt and ache all over, and I had to take 2 x ibuprofen and 2 x paracetamol just to get out of bed. So maybe it's good that I'm doing a different type of exercise for the next few days.

Bless you! That will explain your gain - all the inflamation/swelling/muscle repair and continuing through it with the decorating too.

It might be worth spreading your activities out a little more to give your body chance to repair? I know you can't put off the redecorating because of the new lodger but the other stuff? :)

Bless you! That will explain your gain - all the inflamation/swelling/muscle repair and continuing through it with the decorating too.

It might be worth spreading your activities out a little more to give your body chance to repair? I know you can't put off the redecorating because of the new lodger but the other stuff? :)

You mean defer Saturday's bonk till next week? Yeah I can do that. I'm not at the pool today, either, as I am shifting furniture and painting etc.

A bad day for chocolate yesterday. Impulse again! Waiting at the counter at the paint depot, there were "charity bags" of chocolates on the counter and I leafed through them as I waited to be served. There was a bag of chocolate covered popcorn, which I have never tasted, so I bought it, and another full of mini-Milky Ways. I have no idea WHY I bought the Milky Ways. It makes no sense at all, as they aren't some special sweetmeat which I wanted to try.

I ate half the 90g of popcorn whilst waiting for and then travelling in the taxi. When I got home with all the paint, before starting to decorate I sat at my desk and ate all the rest of the popcorn and then all five mini Milky Ways. It was like I was on autopilot with the MW's. Just ate one after another as though I was in a trance. Didn't crave them, didn't need them, didn't particularly enjoy them, yet I just ate them, without reason, justification, or logic.

And because of that, I had to skip lunch, which is really hard when you are burning off the calories by moving things, stretching, bending, sanding, scraping, painting and tidying.

I'm very disappointed with myself.

You mean defer Saturday's bonk till next week? Yeah I can do that. I'm not at the pool today, either, as I am shifting furniture and painting etc.

A bad day for chocolate yesterday. Impulse again! Waiting at the counter at the paint depot, there were "charity bags" of chocolates on the counter and I leafed through them as I waited to be served. There was a bag of chocolate covered popcorn, which I have never tasted, so I bought it, and another full of mini-Milky Ways. I have no idea WHY I bought the Milky Ways. It makes no sense at all, as they aren't some special sweetmeat which I wanted to try.

I ate half the 90g of popcorn whilst waiting for and then travelling in the taxi. When I got home with all the paint, before starting to decorate I sat at my desk and ate all the rest of the popcorn and then all five mini Milky Ways. It was like I was on autopilot with the MW's. Just ate one after another as though I was in a trance. Didn't crave them, didn't need them, didn't particularly enjoy them, yet I just ate them, without reason, justification, or logic.

And because of that, I had to skip lunch, which is really hard when you are burning off the calories by moving things, stretching, bending, sanding, scraping, painting and tidying.

I'm very disappointed with myself.

I did mean the other stuff rather than the bonk, I'm not going to stop anyone enjoying a naughty time ;) ;)

Don't let it become the fixture of your day love, you had a blip - don't let it turn into a bad day or a bad week - make sure you eat your dinner, especially with the moving and grooving you're doing :) Punishing yourself by restricting your food further is more likely to make it a more regular fixture.

No bonk, too bloody knackered! Nice, long nude chat was all I could manage!

Weighed yesterday at 4pm... 337lb. Weighed at 10am this morning ... 329lb. This just shows how much I can fluctuate overnight!

In pain ALL OVER from excessive bending, stretching, lying down across the floor and painting above my head (undersides of windows cills) and, worst of all, moving furniture.

Took 4 painkillers just to get out of bed today!

Steamed sprouts for breakfast, a pint of tea, and I am now going back up to the torture chamber ... er, sorry, guest room... to finish off the painting and move some more furniture.

Helena

Hi Helena,

still enjoying ing your progress, and sounds like the increase in activity will really pay off, just stick with it and you will be rewarded x

Boo for no bonkage! Sods law! :(

Hope you're feeling better lovely. Remember to take it easy for a couple of days to let your body repair once the new bloke moves in x

Soooo sorry ladies for not checking in for a week. It's been a really bad week and I have been ever so busy and a lot of misery and crying and I am injured (hip pain after moving furniture) AND now I am ill with terrible symptoms of allergic asthma. At the moment I am constantly and uncontrollably coughing, wheezing, sucking on a Ventolin puffer and in incredible pain every time I stand or sit or move.

I had to go to London (business) last Saturday and was made to stand in a hot room for ages then I had a walk to the station and I ended up with two huge blisters on the soles of my feet, what with that and the acute hip pain, it's been impossible for me go swimming since then and in fact much of the time I can barely walk. I leaned forward slightly this morning to clean the toilet with the brush and was struck with the most acute pain ever, it made me scream out in agony and I was then stuck there, all movement frozen, for about 10 minutes before I could get out of the bathroom.

A tiny kitten about 8 weeks old strayed into my house last week. I put it back out in the garden hoping it would find its way home but when it grew dark and started raining the poor little mite was mewing at my back door, all wet. So I took it in and put a huge sign in my front window saying "KITTEN FOUND". Nobody came for it. I reported it to the police but nobody had reported a kitten lost. So I had to keep it overnight and the next day I let it into the garden and left the back door open all day and again it rained and the kitten came back into my house. So it went on for three days, then there was a ring on the doorbell and a really aggressive man of about 30 was standing there shouting and snarling and swearing at me (he called me a "fat c***t several times) and saying I had stolen his cat. He threatened me with violence, saying he was going to kill my cat and trash my car. I slammed the door in his face. He then called the police and demanded I be arrested. Luckily when they came to arrest me I was able to show them the email I had received from the police three days before, saying thanks for reporting the kitten.

Although I don't want a kitten I'd got used to having it around and playing with it, etc, and when it was gone I felt a bit of heartache.

The very next day my own cat got very, very sick really quickly and before I knew it the vet was telling me that it had kidney failure and nothing could be done and within 48 hours I had to have him put down. He was my only pet and I'd had him 15 years. I bawled my head off and have had a few sobbing fits since I sent him to his death on Friday last. Since then ever little reminder of him (and there are a lot of them about the house) starts me sobbing again.

On top of all this, I had a roofer in to take a look at my roof, as I have some damp on a wall, so I need to find out where water is getting in and get it sealed. The man went up there, he was up there 1hr 45 minutes, and during that time he and his teenage lad brought down three buckets of moss. He has now presented me with a bill for £180, which is absolutely, outrageously extortionate, of course (as well as illegal) and although I am really not in any fit state to do so, I have little choice but to start a fight with him over this bill. I am absolutely dreading it.

As if that wasn't enough, I was forced to hobble down to the Post Office yesterday, drugged up on painkillers, to return a camera that I bought online. This shop has so far sent me four cameras and every one of them has been faulty, and that's stressing me out, too, because each time I have to spend time writing long emails to them explaining what is wrong and then I have to go queue at the P.O. because a camera is too big to put in the postbox! On the way back I felt so utterly miserable that I popped into the local Co Op and picked up a lasagne (£3) and two boxes of Maltersers at £1 each and was asked for £6.18. When I queried this the till operator got really shirty with me, tutting and huffing at me, and she would not believe what I said and so we had to wait whilst she got a colleague to check the prices of the items. Whilst we waited she folded her arms and just glared at me in annoyance. Her colleague returned and said it was £3 for the lasagne and £1 each for the boxes of chocolates, just as I'd said. No apology, she just fiddled with the till, and as I reached out to give her £5 she said, "That will be £5.69." So I said, "How can it be? £3 plus £1 plus £1... that is £5." And she then snatched the fiver out of my hand without a word, slammed the till drawer shut, gave me a filthy look and stormed off leaving the queue behind me looking lost.

So, yeah, altogether it's been a really really shitty week.

My wonderful plans for a 30-day bootcamp are long abandoned and I feel bad about that, too. I've eaten too much chocolate on a few days and have barely moved for days. I now feel SO ill that I think I am going to spend the rest of the day on the sofa or even in bed.

So I am feeling pretty sorry for myself.

Last edited:
Oh dear, Helena, you have had a time of it, haven't you? :( I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, it's awful to lose a beloved pet, especially when you've had them for so long. I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself also, having had knee replacement last Friday, but I'm sure we'll both get there - my Minis friends have been very supportive, which is nice. Take care, Helena. :) xx

wow helena
you have had a very very awful bless you the girl at the coop i would get her name love and write to them you should not be spoken to like that its out of bloody order x x

It's many years since I've felt as depressed and miserable as I do right now. Been in floods of tears, cannot stop crying, since I woke up at 6am after just 4 hours sleep.

Somehow you have to find a tiny little bit of something inside you that makes you want to keep on going.

But at least I weighed myself, despite the tears dripping off my chin and the snot running down my upper lip...

First weigh in for about 10 days and I am 326. lowest weight for many years.

I'm astonished. I've eaten quite a bit of chocolate... but then I haven't eaten many big meals.

So, I feel I have "got away with it". PHEW.

The way my psychology works, I'm more than relieved that I'm down to 326 because I am the kind of person who, if I regain a substantial portion of the weight I've lost, I just give up in despair and go on a binge for weeks.

So I am incredibly grateful for the 3lb loss (over 2 weeks), because it makes me feel determined to carry on and make the scale go down even further.

Last edited:
well done sweethheart you smile and have a big smile thats a great loss

Oh Helena I really feel for you - you're going through such a rough time. But thank God the scales have been kind - you definitely deserve something going right for you at the moment. Chin up and keep on going - you'll get through this bad patch and come out smiling the other end. (((Hugs)))

Back