25 stone to 19 stone in 8 months.

Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts. Hopefully I will be able to resume aquafit very soon!

i need to get my brother to come to aquafit with me x x x

So sorry to hear about your little man love :( Huge hugs to both of you. I'm sure he's watching over you - and I bet he loved having the little guy around too :)

The others you've come into contact with sound like complete arses - the bloke and co-op woman. What a horrible (and bloody idiotic!) pair!

Hope you're feeling a little easier hun :) Well done for your loss :) You can do it!! x

Thanks for the message Jo.

I'm still struggling. I have been really ill for two weeks and also very worried about my health for all that time and not getting proper diagnosis or the correct treatment. I find that all the anxiety about it makes my eating very haphazard: I have been oscillating between not wanting to eat anything at all to wanting to eat savoury food until I am so stuffed full that I can barely move... then comes the guilt, shame, regret... also an intense craving for chocolate, which I have failed to resist.

I'm going to keep on keeping on though.. the diet is still in my head and indeed my Tesco delivery list still reflects that I am still buying all the right foods for my diet, because each day I keep thinking that "tomorrow" I will get back on the wagon.

I had a terribly traumatic afternoon Sunday at the emergency doctor's surgery, struggling to breathe. They say I have an infection in my lungs so its back on the antibiotics for the fifth time in two years. All this makes me feel miserable, worried, fed up with it all, unable to exercise, tied to a strict routine of medications and, well, just downright sorry for myself.

I know I have regained 2lb. I will try again today to keep to my calorie restriction.

I started the day well with two rounds of tuna sandwiches, logging that as 600 calories, and an awful lot of fruit tea!

Helena

2lb is nothing when you're so ill and worried love. Your health HAS to be your main priority. Yes your weight is incredibly important and you have to get a handle on it - but you HAVE to get well too. We're thinking of you - take care hun. Keep coming back and talking to us xx

You are all so very kind, ladies... I am not very far off track ... not going mad... still keeping to my "usual" diet foods, just that some days I am a little over the top with chocolate.. not every day .... and I am definitely on the mend, so no more excuses.... keeping to about 1800 to 2200 a day... so may see a little weight loss.... though as am 100% sedentary at present I'm not burning anything off....

Thank you for still caring :)

Well done for keeping in your cal limits hun xxxx

Well, the Bad Penny finally crawled back on here, head hanging in shame... well, kind of, except .... turns out I have systemic candida, caused by having had I think five rounds of antibiotics in the past couple of years. The overgrowth is now so serious that I feel "under the weather" 24 hours a day.

Today I start the candida diet, which is just so incredibly hard, especially when the candida itself causes powerful cravings for the very items that you have to give up!

I do not even dare weigh myself.

Helena,
so happy to see a post from you and to hear your still trying.
sounds like at least they have identified the cause of the problem, which is positive that you can look at how to manage it.

waht does the candida diet consist of??

hope you had an enjoyable christmas x

Helena,
so happy to see a post from you and to hear your still trying.
sounds like at least they have identified the cause of the problem, which is positive that you can look at how to manage it.

waht does the candida diet consist of??

hope you had an enjoyable christmas x

Hi there and many congrats, I see you have now lost 50lb and I am jealous as hell!

Candida diet: no sugar, milk, mushrooms, vinegar, starchy vegetables, pickles, beans, fruit (including juice, dried,) breaded foods, bread, rice, all grains, carrots, parsnip, potatoes, smoked, cured, processed meat, prawns, cod, chocolate, vinegar, olives, peanuts, cashews, soy, beans, hummous, vegatable oil.

More than that, have to take antifungals, probiotics, and loads of water, garlic, lemon, olive oil.

I am thoroughly fed up.

Hi Helena! Glad to see you back on here and fighting the good fight. A friend bought me a book about Candida, many years ago when I was first diagnosed with ME, as I think there is some possible connection. I remember the required diet being very restrictive, and I never tried it. That list of prohibited items doesn't leave a lot, does it?!

Take care. :) xx

Hope you had a good christmas good luck with the new diet hunxxx

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better soon hun :( Hopefully it'll help you with the weight loss so there's a bonus - if you can call it that x

Dear ladies

I am in dire need of help. And yet I don't know what help I need, nor what anyone can do.

I seem to be completely out of control. I'm not bingeing the time, but that isn't because I'm controlled, it's just because the monster within me doesn't choose to binge all the time. If it does, I don't think I can stop it :-(

I'm so cross with myself, so ashamed of myself. I feel hopeless, truly without one shred of motivation whatsoever to lose weight if it means months or years of self control and deprivation. And yet, looking back to my glory weeks between August and November, when I lost about 25lb, I wasn't finding it that difficult. I'm a puzzle to myself!

I can see what happened: a horrible chest infection, antibiotics, wallowing in misery, comforting myself with food. Then the antibiotics gave me candida, which gave me huge cravings for sugar and white flour type products. Pizza, cream cakes, carrot cakes, cupcakes... then chocolate in vast amounts.

Then Christmas, which is always a very depressing time for me because all around me people go on and on about family and I don't have any family. And it's just a reminded again that my partner of 8 yrs dumped me just before Xmas 2011 and that is why I am all alone now.

Christmas gave me an "excuse" to eat more rubbish, just because it's Christmas, and that legitimizes it, for some stupid reason.

I hate myself for all this.

Like everyone else, 31 Dec made my resolution to get back on the wagon. And what did I do on 1st Jan? Lodger asked if I wanted anything at the shop, I said yes, get me a box of chocolates. He did, and I sat on my own with a mug of tea and I wolfed down an entire box of Roses at one sitting. Pig.

So then I said, OK 1st Jan was a Bank Holiday, but 2nd Jan is the "real" new year when resolutions really start for REAL. And what did I do? Firstly, ate a portion of chicken curry and rice big enough for two people, for breakfast, then to the sweet shop and bought a bag of Maltesers, a Dime bar and a giant Aero Mint, and again ate the whole lot at one sitting till I felt sick.

On top of all the above, I have only left the house twice in two weeks, both times to go to a local shop for junk food I should not even be eating. I spend 24 hrs a day either lying or sitting. The only time I stand is to cook, wash up, or take a shower.

I feel really fat and bloated. I haven't been swimming for about 6 weeks. I am terrified to go anywhere near the scale as I cannot cope with seeing how much weight I have re-gained, after working so hard to lose it.

I could not hate myself more. I just don't know what to do anymore to get myself under control. I wish someone would whisk me away to a hospital or boot camp or convalescent home or prison or some sort of place where they look after you, control your food intake and stop you self harming -- because that is undeniably what all this is about.

Back