25 Super healthy foods - how many have you had?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I found this: 25 Super Healthy Foods - Prevention.com

Apparently, 'The following healthy power foods can claim big bragging rights: They can fend off serious diseases like diabetes and cancer and heart problems; fortify your immune system; protect and smooth your skin; and help you lose weight or stay slim.'

Just wondering, how many do you have already?

1. Eggs
2. Greek yoghurt
3. Fat free milk
4. Salmon
5. Lean beef
6. Beans
7. Nuts
8. Edamame and tofu
9. Oatmeal
10. Flaxseed
11. Olive Oil
12. Avocado
13. Broccoli
14. Spinach
15. Tomatoes
16. Sweet Potatoes
17. Garlic
18. Red Peppers
19. Figs
20. Blueberries
21. Asian pears
22. Lychees
23. Apples
24. Guava
25. Dark chocolate

I eat 20 out 25 fairly regularly, though dark chocolate a lot less these days! I've never had flaxseed, heard of it but never really known what it was. Not a fan of even trying tofu though to be honest! Not a big fan of figs either or pears. I bought some lychees to try this week though, not got around to it yet. Overall, I'm surprised, didn't think I ate that many top healthy foods!

I have about 17 out of 25 regularly. Was wondering the other day about dark chocolate. Apparently regular consumption wards off cravings for milk chocolate, so I might try it out.

Great post, very interesting. I HATE tofu with a passion, can't stand the texture. I should have lean beef more, I hardly eat any red meat.

I've had it once and the texture was horrible, it was bland and I have no desire to try use it myself and make it better lol

I find that just a little dark chocolate is plenty, not like with milk chocolate. I could keep going with milk chocolate but a small bit of dark chocolate and I'm done. I never used to like it, thought it was too bitter but I've grown accustomed to it now.

I don't have much red meat these days either though I will sometimes have be good to yourself lamb or beef, but not very often. I actually prefer chicken, pork, turkey and fish, well some fish.

im supprise am hitting around 20 with exemption of flaxseed tofu avocardo pears not that keen on them and lychees only caus they seem expensive

You can get tinned lychees pretty cheap, that's what I did. Think it was something like 70p for a big tin in Aldi. I'm scared to try them though, they look like sheep eyes or something! I LOVE avocado, don't have it vey often though but it's a great way to bump up calories in a healthy way on exercise days.

i will look love aldi didnt think of tinned ones .... now as for avacardo im not sure what to do with them
hence why i dont eat them i have had them when i have eaten out its not that i dont like them i am just alien to them

Back