26lbs until she takes me off SS :-(

chele80

On a mission
Quite gutted really as my CDC is very by the book and I have to come off SS when I am 1 stone above BMI of 25

Which means at 12 stone 4 I have to come off SS.
Which is a whopping 28lbs off my goal weight of 10 stone 4.

I am gutted that I have to move up a stage sooooo far from goal and essentially this means me reaching my target will take quite a bit longer than I was hoping for and had anticipated.

Booooo :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've convinced her to drop it to dead on 12 stone, meaning just 26 more lbs until I am done with SS :cry:

Anyone else got the same predicament as me?
Is your CDC as by the book as me?
:cry:

I definitely think you need to follow the plan as it is designed, by starting to move up the plans you will be learning to control your eating (with food) and in the long term you need to be able to do this. If you got to your target and then just started eating again you would put weight back on, you have to ease yourself in gently. I think it is to do with starting to lose muscle rather than fat when you are within that range of your BMI.

Remember there is always SS+ and 810 which will mean a gradual introduction to food, and losses are still really good.

Well done to get this close to target.

Thanks Chlo
Yeah part of me agrees with this, but I know people who start doing SS when they are already below this 1stone above a BMI of 25 rule.
How come!!

as far as I understand it you can SS down to a BMI of 25 .. but you cant START it as a new plan unless you are more than 1 stone above 25 .. this is what I have read and what my CDC has told me . However 810 is a great plan , and by just reducing the portion slightly you are on SS+ which has the same losses ( 810 averages only 2 lb a month diffence ) so I would try not to worry ( although I can relate to exaclty how you feel , adding that food is scarey !)

Hope you get on ok

I know I need to retaught and moving up the stages will be very very good for me indeed. I'm very nervous though, but I know it's what I need to do as we've both agreed I SS very well, but my relationship with food is totally wrong and so the sooner I start moving up the better, which I agree with but 2 stone is a helluva lot to lose not SSing.

A friend of mine started with a BMI of 25.4 and is still SSing now. Her CDC hasn't said anything!

I've fine 810 from the start with great results x

I have done 810 plan from the start and from what I can gather, There really isn`t a lot of difference in weight loss between them.

I have just started back after a break to finish my journey and also have two stone to lose on 810 plan. We`ll both get there if we get our heads down :D

Good luck! x

Out of interest, how long would I be on 810 for before she'd move me up?

SacredSilence said:
I have done 810 plan from the start and from what I can gather, There really isn`t a lot of difference in weight loss between them.

I have just started back after a break to finish my journey and also have two stone to lose on 810 plan. We`ll both get there if we get our heads down :D

Good luck! x

Ooooo yes, sounds like a plan x

Out of interest, how long would I be on 810 for before she'd move me up?

I`m not sure how it works, I think you work up the plans as you near your goal? I worked up them because I knew I was going to take a break.

You usually stay on the next plan until you stabilise, Then move up again.

HTH

Xx

if you are starting cd then you need to be a stone above your bmi of 25 to do ss. once you are on ss it is my belief that you don't need to move off ss until you want to or until you have a bmi of just under 25.

you can do the 810 to your lowest goal ever which could be a bmi of 19. i could do the 810 from now until i'm 9st 7lb. i'd be all skin and bone and i'm not going that low ever but this gives you an idea of what you can do.

you can still ss if you want to you do not need to go up a plan yet. get your cdc to check this with medical.

A friend of mine started with a BMI of 25.4 and is still SSing now. Her CDC hasn't said anything!

that's cause her cdc is right. you can ss til you get a bmi just below 25.

Back