29 Stone Start Weight Diary by Lou

Awh! So sorry to hear about the car! It's so not fair! I do understand the stress eating but it's done and I'm sure you can get back on the weightloss road again. Each day is a new day and time to start again. Live in the present the past is done and look forward to the future applies to weight loss and I have reminded myself on my journey of that often. Just don't ever give up trying especially when you've put all that work in so far.

I've had a crap week. I've let myself fall back into bad habits but I'm over it now. Time to get some weight off!

It's 7 am and im about to get up, get my walking gear on and go meet my friend for a 1.5 mile walk before breakfast. Then I will come home and have granola or fruit and fibre for breakfast and I will feel like I'm back in the game. Also going to try to drink more water again coz I've struggled with that.

I had a blip, but it's not defeated me.

I have lost nearly 4 stone, I can get another 4 stone off no problem. This year will be my year so today is my day 1 restart.

Lets go :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back from my walk. My body is throbbing with energy and my blood is flowing again... Feels good :)

Did 1.5 miles in 32 mins. About average for me.

You're doing fab Lou, it's only natural to have a couple of blips along the way. You're so so focussed :)
Well done on your walk, that is fab :)

It's not whether you fall down that determines if you succeed...it's whether you get up again afterwards. Well done you! :happy096:

Thank you guys :)

I have to get back up and carry on coz I want to feel proud of myself when I eventually get to goal.

My mini goal is 4 stone then 5 and so on. I hope to get 3 stone off by the end of July... We'll see.

It'll happen as it happens I guess. If I keep up with regular walking it'll help and I'll be getting fitter too.
Will weigh next Monday then go back to Fridays.

Good luck hun, you KNOW you CAN do it. Once your back on track the weight will drop off again. I hope you enjoyed your walk xx

Thank you guys :)

I have to get back up and carry on coz I want to feel proud of myself when I eventually get to goal.

My mini goal is 4 stone then 5 and so on. I hope to get 3 stone off by the end of July... We'll see.

It'll happen as it happens I guess. If I keep up with regular walking it'll help and I'll be getting fitter too.
Will weigh next Monday then go back to Fridays.

It'll happen. Good times, tricky times, but in the end you will do it because you want it. 4 stone has gone forever and you can definitely do 4 more. Great walk. I'm off out now to do mine. Think how great you will feel with it coming off regularly- and it will x

Well done Lou for responding to a bad week. Just remember why you started doing this in the first place and get some good momentum! You have lost a bloody lot so far, you should be proud of yourself and how far you have come!

Stay strong and kick some butt! I know you will :)

Lou that's great you knocked it on the head and moved on. Your walks are obviously helping your feel energised which is great progress. I hope you have a better week on the car getting sorted etc. x

well done love you got up konced the devil and your shoulder to the ground and told it to get lost well done your doing great good on you

Thank you for the positive words :)

Just had the most delicious meal - made by me!

Honey garlic chilli ginger chicken, boiled potatoes with a dab of butter and a sprinkling of parsley, and a big colourful salad.

Feels so good to have some fresh food. Had oven cooked stuff all last week, you know like potato waffles, beans and various frozen chicken things. Weighs me down.
Although lastnight I made gf pasta with chorizo and LM sausages and garlic cheese ciabatta. That was fresh but quite unhealthy :D
I love the gf pasta, don't feel weighed down by it at all and it doesn't give me a bad tummy.

Bought 2 whole chickens and will get 4 meals out of them this week, just gotta think of some inventive things :)

Weighing on Monday will ensure I have a good weekend but it'll be hard and my son and joe are home so I tend to eat more. X

Sounds like you are well & truly bk on track :) yay!

Another yummy dinner! I've had the worst heart burn lately and I think it's coz I've eaten out a lot & eaten convenience foods. I think you're right. Fresh, natural food is the way to go :)

X

Had toast for breakie, ham salad pitta and a bag of my fave crisps, aldi cheese curls and a disco bar for lunch and lasagne and potato wedges for tea.

I have drank far too much water coz am weeing like an elephant!

I'm in bed at 8:19 coz I feel yukky and worn out.

X

Today's grub:

Toast and a cuppa for Brek

Cheese and tomato pitta and some crisps for lunch

Chicken curry and rice and salad for tea.

Loadsa water, loadsa tea and loadsa weeing!

X

It's mad lol!! It's good though coz I'm running up and down the stairs much more! X

here is my latest lising:

A Diet Buddy (Me) | eBay

i thought some of the bigger girls on here may identify :)

Upon looking at the rules of selling one's things on ebay, it seems you are not allowed to sell yourself. So, instead of me selling my actual self, I am selling the dieting part of me.

This can be used for whatever purpose;

Entertainment

Inspiration

Something to poke fun at

Other (please state)_____________________

I have found myself on the long journey of losing weight. I have an incredible (undisclosed) amount of weight to lose and decided last year that if I want to enjoy my future and live to see the world Marty Mcfly showed us in Back to the Future - Hoverboards, flying cars and holographic cinema, then i'd better start doing something about it.

I weighed myself one Monday morning and when I looked down beyond my cumbersome bosoms and jellified tummy, to my utter shock and horror, the weighing scales said 'error' on the little digital screen. Now either the scales were being particularly pedantic today and not telling the secret of my weight, OR, I was heavier than the maximum weight of the scales. Ever the optimist, I went for the first option. I stepped off, wiggled my feet at the ankles, sucked my tummy in and stepped back on. Nothing. Hmmm. Oh wait, I step off again and stamp my foot on the middle of the scale. Nothing again. I stamp a bit harder this time, fearing breaking the damn things in half, and lo and behold, on they come. So I skip the foot wiggling and breathe in as I step on and wait. I try my super hardest not to move, but the more I try, the more I find myself swaying slightly. I brace myself and stare at the wall to steady myself. Again I peer over my voluminous front body parts and what do I see? 'Error' . Humph. I sit on the toilet seat, which is terribly cold on my bare dimply bottom, put my head in my hands and I just think. How am I going to do this? How long will it take? Can I do it? Am I ready?

I was more than ready for this. I rang my doctor and told him how much I weighed and he gasped. This finally made me realise that I needed to do something for my own health. The next day I went to Tesco and I bought 2 tins of Slimfast and 6 pints of skimmed milk.

On June 25th 2012 I took my first step towards my new life.

I dont know if anyone out there has ever tried Slimfast...Its a nice enough taste, it's simple to make, and it takes the hassle out of 2 meals out of 3 each day. I love milkshake, so having it twice a day for breakfast and for lunch was a novelty for me. I drank copious amounts of water to stop myself feeling hungry and ate healthy meals for tea. No one tells you about the main side effect of Slimfast. Lets just say I had to take a book into the bathroom to entertain myself while I was in there, because I was in there for so long and so often! Despite this, in 2 weeks I lose 1 stone (14lbs) and I was thrilled.

2 days later I decided I should go and see the doctor and tell him the good news.

Our local surgery's telephone lines open at 8:30am, and if you are quick like the quick brown fox, you can get a same day appointment. So I meander about the apps on my iphone, skip past the telephone icon 3 times then forget where the keypad is hidden, and eventually tap the number in and press call. It being approximately 8:32am I expect to get through fairly quickly and promptly make my appointment. Well, little did I know that at that very moment in time, all 13, 627 people who live in Haverfordwest have contracted some sort of fast spreading wasting disease that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible, meaning they have ALL called the surgery at 8:30am, jamming the phone lines, preventing me from getting through. So I stick my phone on speaker phone and like a champion telecommincations whore, I repeatedly press redial. 'CALL, 'ENGAGED', REDIAL, CALL, 'ENGAGED', REDIAL, CALL, 'ENGAGED', REDIAL, I slowly fall into a mesmirized state of rythym, 'CALL, 'ENGAGED', REDIAL, CALL, 'RINGING', REDIAL. Dammit. Argh.....Breathe slowly, calm down.... CALL. I get the ringing tone. Right, I'm in. I silently rejoice at the victory while I listen to the pre-recorded voice giving me the options i need to chose from. I opt for number 2. Speaking to a receptionist. I was a receptionist once. I was friendly, kind, upbeat and downright joyous to speak to. If I applied for a job at a doctors surgery as a recpetionist, I can more or less guarantee that these very qualities i possess, would in fact cost me the job.

In a monotone voice: "Doctors Surgery". Is she talking to me or describing where she works to her potential new employer 'traffic wardens inc.? "Umm, hiiiiii, I'd like to make an appointment for this morning please" I say in my cheery sing songy voice, i reserve specially for such occassions. I hear a noticeable disgusted sneer shoot down the phone at me."9:20?" I give my name, my date of birth, my address, shoe size, and bra size, to secure my appointment, then get prompty hung up on. Wonderful.

I shower, dress, undress, get dressed again because my bum looked too big, checked myself out in the mirror, became horrified at myself, wondered how anyone ever let me go out the front door looking like that, stuck my giant hoop earrings in, struggled to get my boots on without falling over or suffocating myself with my breasts, and off I went.

I pull up to the surgery, finding the nearest possible space without parking in disabled spaces, haul myself out of the car and enter the outside world. I dont go out too often. I suffer from Social Anxiety, and somedays I am ok, but most of the time I am a recluse. I dont like people looking at me. I stand up straight, check my boobs havent fallen out of my bra, smooth my hair down and take a deep breath. As I walk towards the surgery, my eyes are flitting about, searching for judgements, silent opinions and open stares from passers by. There's a few people about, who maybe judging me silently, or, just wondering why that large woman with the big earrings is scowling at them.

I push my way in through the doors of the surgery in to the foyer. For me its like a practise run. Quickly check everything is in place before I enter the waiting room. In I go. I hold my head up high, feining confidence and head towards the receptionists desk. I opt for the computerised check in, rather than face the recepbots behind the desk. I sort of walk sideways towards the computer screen like a crab, avoiding eye contact with anyone, and place myself in front of the screen. I like to make sure my head is in the way of the screen so no one behind me can see what I'm doing. Although, if i think about it, they are probably wondering if my arse IS the biggest one they have ever seen, rather than trying to see what my date of birth is. I tap furiously at the screen until it recognises my attempts, and i confirm that i am who the screen is telling me i am, and who i am there to see. all done.

Now for the for the tricky bit. Finding somewhere to sit. I turn around slowly, my eyes catching glimpses of the seating area as i turn my head, to try to work out where i should temporarily house my backside. Do i go back by the door, the furthest away from the doctors room but with the least people, or do i go the other end so im closer but with more patients. I decide that if i find myself a corner in the busy area with the magazines and mini play area, people will be too precoccupied with their snotty children and 3 year old celebrity style editions of marie claire magazine to notice me parking my rear end and waiting for my name to be called out.
I sit and wait in hells waiting room, listening to radio nonsense played out on the speakers and accidentally on purpose overhearing Margaret tell Betty her piles have flared up and offering to share her recipe for lemon sponge cake.
BEEP. I glance up at the flashing fancy computerised sign display thing that has taken the job of shouting your name to say the doctor is ready to see you now, from the recpbots. BRYAN FAIRYPANTS WAIT OUTSIDE ROOM 17. I watch for whoever stands up, seeing if they look like a Bryan. They don't.
BEEP. DIAMOND PRINCESS JONES PLEASE COME IN TO ROOM 12. Up stands teen mum sponsored by Lonsdale, dragging young Diamond behind her, while texting her chavvy boyfriend and udating her Facebook status to 'at teh doctrs innit'.
BEEP. LOUISE BOSE PLEASE ************* ROOM 18.

I starred it out because as soon as I saw my name, i gathered myself together, shot up and rushed into the corridor where all the rooms are. I look around at the doors, trying to locate room 18 and i find it. Dammit. Did it say to wait outside or come in? I do not have enough stored confidence to walk back into the waiting room and ask, so i sort of stand there swinging my skirt around and making lots of noise with my feet and coughing alot hoping the doctor will hear me and open the door. Nothing. I wait for what seems like forvever, probably about a minute, and I talk myself into knocking on the door. Rat a tat tat. Out comes Doctor T, he acknowledges me, beckons me towards his room and in I go. Upon entering the doctors room and seeing the bed with the giant roll of tissue paper at the top of it, I have to fight the urge to leap up on it, fling my arms open and command the doctor to just 'fix me'. I manage to resist this urge and I make my way over to the seat. I sit down, catch my breath, im not out of it, Im just nervous. He looks me up and down, taking in the cleavage, bead of sweat on my forehead and my false nails, breathes out, puts the end of his pen in his mouth and turns to his computer screen. He rolls the bar at the side up and down, stopping every now and again to expand something interesting about my medical history hes spotted, carries on rolling and reading and possibly wondering how I am sat alive in front of him after seeing my extensive ailments listed on the database. I lean forward slightly, squinting trying to see what has been written about me, remembering that i can request my own medical records, but i never get round to it. He turns quickly, catching me trying to read about my childhood asthma and the depression I experienced when i was 18. He asks me, what can he do for me. I take a deep breath, sit up confidently and tell him about the stone I have lost since I spoke to him 2 weeks ago. He raises his eyebrows and looks me up and down quickly and congratulates me on my achievement. Obviously I have alot more than that to lose, i say, but I am determined to do it and I want to prove to him and everyone else that I can do it alone. and that was it. I was so proud of myself. conquered the doctors surgery, I had started my journey, I was on my way. i floated vibrantly back through the waiting room, marched to my car, wishing it was further away coz that would be good exercise, and I drove home.

That was 9 months ago. I have since lost another 3 stone, making my total loss 4 stone. it is still a drop in the ocean as far as how much I need to lose, but its a good start. Lately I have been finding myself slipping back into old habits and not losing as much as i know i can. So i am looking for someone or some people to inspire me, fill me with encouragement and help me on my way. In return I will do the same for you. so if you are anything like me, or can identify with anything I have said then get in touch.

Back