2nd Interveiw - the one that COUNTS!

Really sorry you didn't get it, but good luck for tomorrow! xx

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, it's just a matter of time before you get the right job for YOU!

Good luck for tomorrow.

Louale x

You are doing well getting interviews at the moment Good luck today

Thinking of you!

THanks everyone. :) Today's interview went very well again. Though, I was a little dissappointed about yesterdays rejection, I had a bad attitude this moring and nearly talked myself out of going!! I figiured, "why bother, another internal candidate wil get it." But I decided it would be good practice if nothing else. So I wnet not caring how it went - just wanted to get it over with.

And ya know what - lol - I as so relaxed, it went very very well. I really enjoyed it. Smashed the test I expect. So hopefullly won them over with my wit and charm. :D

I am concerned though as they did ask me about my disability, and I think I volunteered too much information. I know they technically can't hold thast against me, but come on....easy enough to really, innit. I just never know when to shut my gob and am too honest sometimes for my own good! They did thank me for being so honest though - so maybe it will be OK. I fear though I may have put them off.

I liked them. Not a bad commute (though it was rotten ROTTEN weather this morning!!! Flooding in a lot of places! Hydroplaned and then got swamped by a lorrie. I drive a teeny tiny MGB GT, and I was at their mercy. Was not fun!!)

So - hope to know on MOnday. Got another interview lined up for Wednesday. Two good leads on local cust service jobs I could probably slot into if it becomes dire.....but I so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
want to get out of call centre work. It's just not me - I am meant tobe more then a machine that chews up and spits out KPI's. :rolleyes:

Will keep you posted! Thanks for all the positive vibes! :)

xxx

Oh no i just found out, sorry BL, its their stupid loss.

But at least more are rolling in :)

Hard to know

Hi BL
Well done on another good one. It's difficult to know how much to disclose at interview about your health condition.
If you do get offered the job then you will really know it's because of your skills, charm and wit!
I wish you success. We can discuss more
on monday about disclosure if you like.
Same place same time?
Have a good week-end . xxxxx:)

So close - yet so very far

Well. Sh*t.

I got a call. No, in other words, I was not offered the job.

I was however told, I was 2nd place out of 75 applicants.

I suppose I would take heart in that and feel better if I had further propspects. But I don't. Those were the two "good" jobs. The rest are more of the same. More of what I hate doing. More of wasting my time.

Out of time now. Thursday is my last day.

Looks like more call centre (read: soul destroying, mind numbingly unrewarding hateful horrible work).

To say I am gutted, is an absolute understatement.

That job would have meant the world to me and my OH - it really would have turned an awful lot around.

Yeah. Gutted. Definately gutted. :cry:

Aww hun, don't be too disheartened. There is nothing stopping you looking for other jobs whilst you are doing the soul destroying, mind numbingly unrewarding hateful horrible work.

I feel for you though, I know how horrible it feels when you really want something only for it to be taken away. It's not the end of the world though. Dust yourself off and try again! You will get to where you want to be.

B x

THanks Bek.

I am a bit surprised how down this has gotten me. The thing is, it was very good money. And money is what keeps us from getting back home. The longer I make rubbish money, the longer we are here, the less time I have with mom. It get's me really down and worried. She's 90. So it's not like I have 10 or 15 years. And the rate its gone - it just feels its never going to happen.

Sorry for moaning. I am having a real "Sticky-outty-the-bottom-lip" moment, as my LLC would call it.

Just feels hopeless sometimes. And thats the thing ... when you no longer turn to food.... It feels hopeless.

Tomorrows another day, and the next interview is another interview. Now I just need a job. Will hold out hopes for more like these two, but will have to take what comes first and then continue.

I have really shot myself in the foot. When I left my ex, I lost all ambition to do anything. I used to be a manager in Children's Protective Services. Now I am a robot with a headset. THen off course, the last 4 or 5 fat years were not the most motivating.
SO I feel I have fallen off the career ladder a little bit, and am kicking myself for it now. ANd i can feel it all going right to my neck.

So - on that note - I am going to quit whinging.

Thanks hon.

x

So sorry Hun

I could see you were really disappointed and upset about not getting the job.
H was right, eventually something better will come along.But at the moment it's a bitter pill to swallow because of all your valid reasons for needing a good well paid job. Not least so that you can get back near your Mum.
I hope something else turns up very soon.
I know you won't turn to food because you've successfully been though outher stressful times lately and not even thought about it.
Positive vibes heading your way.
Please give me a call if I can help at all.
Haven't done my application tonight, brain too tired. Going to bed now.

Oh how pooooo BL!!! :hug99:

Thanks guys. :)

I am feeling much better today....its a new day, a new battle.

That just hit hard. I think not only was it a job and people I would have really liked - I think it triggers some old stuff regarding 'rejection'.

But as said itsa new day. Onward and upward as they say.

xx

You are one of the most incredible, caring, intelligent, articulate and all round wonderful people I've ever encountered.

If there is such a thing as karma, then you will be very well taken care of.

Have you thought about becoming a LL counsellor? Or a CD counsellor because I think it takes less time to train for that.

I think you would be AMAZING at that, and it could be quite lucrative.

:hug99:Aww BL that really sucks! *hugs*

There will be another, even better job out there for you, you just have to wait for it to come along... The fact that you were 2nd in line means that you obviously made a fab impression and that you will make an equally good impression for another job!

Back