2nd Survival Of The Week

Ms R

Well I got through my second and most difficult challenge ofthe week. My sons 21st birthday celebrations today and my Mum cooked the most fantastic chinese food & curry and I served everybody, kept everybody refreshed with drinks and then I washed every dish, dried and put them away and didn't weaken once, not even a slight wobble, just got on with it. So glad it's over, just had my disgusting shake washed down with a peppermint tea

Ms R said:
Well I got through my second and most difficult challenge ofthe week. My sons 21st birthday celebrations today and my Mum cooked the most fantastic chinese food & curry and I served everybody, kept everybody refreshed with drinks and then I washed every dish, dried and put them away and didn't weaken once, not even a slight wobble, just got on with it. So glad it's over, just had my disgusting shake washed down with a peppermint tea

Great stuff, Ms R! Well done. Will be so worth it when you step on this scales at weigh-in!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well done Mrs R I hope u are very proud of yourself x :) (I bet your kitchen is spotless haha)

Thank you girls, yes I am very proud of myself and I still can't believe I did't even feel like cheating, not a tiny bit! Weird!!! Kitchen is immaculate lol, next party I have, if I'm not on LT anymore, I'm going to invite somebody/anybody who is!!! lol

well done Mrs R, brilliant control x

Well done Mrs R! Fantastic!

Busy Mum

Pat on the back Ms R great control!! Avoidance is my rule right now I don't know how you did it!!

Well done you.
I was like that at my own birthday party last weekend..........lol. My mum hosted a BBQ for the family and i ran around after everyone and washed dishes. It feels so good after though x

Yipppeeeee well done you! I can't believe you found it so easy

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the lovely comments. I do hope at my experience helps others cope with social situations. We can do this and we will be sooo much better, stronger and healthier and slim for doing so.

Hey, you did it. Well done! Sounds like it went really well. I survived my daughters birthday too, and the fridge is still full of delights, but I don't feel tempted. Can't remember when, but about 5 or 6 days ago I was really considering having 'a day off' for the birthday celebrations, but you changed my mind Ms R and I'd like to say thank you for that. When I remind myself I have been TFR for 20 days, it gives me a boost that I've come so far, that I can do it. Keep up the support everyone. This forum, for me, really makes the difference in keeping the will power to succeed.

WOW that's so amazing to think that I have helped you to stay 100% J9W, really makes me happy, especially when today I am really really struggling and have been a bit down, your comment has really lifted me and given me focus again, thank you.

Ms R you did so well to get through a 21st celebration. My daughter was 12 and that was hard enough lol. Sorry to hear you've been a bit down - it is difficult but your weight loss results have been great. Tuesday is almost upon us. We can do this!! Imagine another 3 weeks of this diet and the weight loss. Glad you've got your focus back. It's not forever (seems like it though haha) but by xmas, can you imagine, we'll be wearing what we please and feeling confident and great :) xx

Aww thanks J9W, I'm feeling better now after looking around the forum. I'm just having my last shake of the day on the couch with a blanket & hot water bottle watching tv and looking forward to tomorrow to get closer to weigh in and back at work which is easier on the diet than weekends.

Well done you we have my little girls 6th birthday on sat and like you will have to have a family party. I hope that I can stay strong just like you mrs r

I'm sure you can. The alternative is a downward slide back to the bad old ways that got you to the point of having to do this drastic diet. It's only 1 day and you can still participate in the day in everyway apart from shovelling food into your mouth. Hope that doesn't sound harsh but that's the reality, it's only 1 day and you can do it like you do every other day. Good luck x

I know what your saying and it is right that is how we ended up on this diet I will makea mousse out of the chocolate shake like neaady suggested and have that while other enjoy the other bits

Awesome stuff!!! So glad I read this as I was all ready for caving after a horrid flapjack experience (I was going to have a handful of peanuts) but I will stay strong!!

Back