2nd week of re-start after 1 yr break - i'm ill

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
ill may be a strong term...

The past couple of days I have had chronic stomach pain (usually within 1 hour of having shake) then go to the loo with terrible diarrhea (sorry guys!)

I'm finding this odd because previously, I was the other way, which was such bad constipation my dr had to prescribe me meds!

I don't feel unwell at all. Infact I'm energetic and feeling quite good!

I checked my packs, just incase they were out of date, and they have months left on them yet before they expire.

I'm wondering if it's the porridge? It's the only new thing I'm having this time round. :rolleyes:

I've had to increase my water intake - my mother in law was worried that I am loosing fluids with having diarrhea, so I know i'm not dehydrated at least.

I just hope this will settle down soon?

Are there any meds that I can get to help? Or do I need to let it run it's course?!

Thanks in advance peeps x x x

Hey Emma,
Im sorry to here you are suffering.... Im not sure what it could be.. do you think it could be a bug.. or perhaps your body is just getting back used to being on cd..
You could try something like dyralite or immodium to stop it but you might be best to let it just come out of your system.. I think your right by upping your water intake..
Hang in there I am sure it will pass.
x

Thanks hun, I hope so!!!!! Ooh and congrats to you for getting to size 12, you must be over the moon x x x

I have to say I did feel really ill too in my first week, and I'm sure the porridge kicked it off. I've avoided it ever since then. I ended up getting a throat infection, so that obviously didn't help, but the porridge made me feel really nauseous :( Maybe you could give the porridge a wide berth until you're a few weeks in? I hope you feel better soon, I'm sure you will. :)

Hi Leona,

I think you are right. I'm going to give the porridge a miss from now I think, and stick to the shakes.

Then when I start going constipated, i'll give the porridge a go !!! haha!

I find the bars give me wind - so I have 1 a week, on a friday - my hubby has fish and chips on a friday so it's my treat day too! :)

Hi Emma
Well done on getting to 2nd week. I've started so many times this year and only got to the afternoon...... So well done, it can be done...

I think your tummy will settle down after a couple of days, the best thing you can do is phone your cdc, she will be able to help.
My goals are the same as your I think.... get into size 18..... would be brilliant... 16 even better.... My goal is lower though as I am a bit shorter....

How did you find the first week?

I think it might be the porridge-I was suffering a bit from constipation, but since I started having the porridge last week it's really helped in that department.Goodness only knows where it's all coming from though as there's surely not that much waste from 3.5 cd packs a day? :D

I think it might be the porridge-I was suffering a bit from constipation, but since I started having the porridge last week it's really helped in that department.Goodness only knows where it's all coming from though as there's surely not that much waste from 3.5 cd packs a day? :D
lol some would say way to much information, well done on your weight loss. :D

Back