2nd weigh in and as I thought.

Forever*Autumn

Hi,

Well had my 2nd weigh in and after a miserable (compared to the average) first weeks loss of 4lbs 100% on ss! I have now lost 1 Lb:confused:. No inches either. I really do just want to cry.

I have 9st to lose and needed to lose up to 3st by 6th march ( 8 week window ) for a wedding. I can't see that happening now as I have only 6weeks to go and will probably have rubbish losses all the way through.

I know I am drinking enough water, 4lts on average but it makes no difference. I'm also in keto, so what is going on. Am I a freak of nature or something. I had all my packs, not cheated, not retaining water, plenty of pee and poo and no exercise, like they recommend.

I've done CD before, quite a few years ago and had quite good losses, even though I did cheat a few times back then. My thyroid is fine too. I can't give up but it's not an easy diet to follow especially when you have kids and your cooking for them everyday. The water is bloody hard work too, but I keep drinking it as I've been told it helps with the losses. Wish I had answers as to why my body won't give up the 126lbs of fat. I feel lower today than I've ever been. Xx

Hi hun,

I'm really sorry it's not working out for you, it' such a hard diet and most be even harder when you aren't losing ike you did before. I will say though that you will lose weight and you have lost 5lb so far, I know it dosen't seem a lot but it is, google what 5lb look likes. I would give it another week and see how you get on. I had 2 x STS weeks whilst on SS weeks 7 & 8. My consultant was baffled but I stuck with it and the weight started to shift again, think I lost 4lb eventually.

What's you consultant said? Is she giving you advice and support? My advise would be to try SS+ or even Step 2 for a few days to see if the extra calories gives your body a boost.

Let us know how you get on x

Try cutting the water down to the recommend amount see if that helps - I know when i drink 3L + I seem to gain lbs, but when i stick to the 2.25 L it falls off me. If you stick to this 100% there is no what it cannot work - but it doesn't always follow a nice straight line. These are questions I know my CDC would ask me so here goes -
Had you started to cut back (particularly on carbs) before you started - the massive first week losses are normally due to the effects of cutting out the carbs and water loss, so if you had been "good" before you started then you are less likely to get the massive first week loss.
Do you normally drink so much water? If not thats a huge amount to jump straight up to.
Did you exercise before starting? if so cutting exercise out all together might have an impact. I know the second time i did CD i struggled and was told it was fine to keep doing the exercise i was used to but not to add any more in for the first couple of weeks.

Are you having the flavoured drinks/bars or vegetable broth - I know all of those can adversely affect some people (the vegetable broth makes me hang onto water like mad).

Also can taking some movicol cause water retention? When i have to use it I get very blown out and bloated (like water retention) and it takes a couple of days to go down - if you are using it everyday it might be having an impact

Finally are your scales (and your cdcs) in the same place, on a firm floor and not moved - some scales are ridiculously sensitive - mine pare on a wood block on a hard floor but even then if I weigh myself, move them or the block and then reweigh It can change the result by 1-2 lbs.

If none of that sheds any light then I think Liz Whites suggestion of stepping up for a week is definitely worth a try.

Sorry for the long list - just grasping at things that might help!! Stick with it and hope this next week brings better results

Thanks lizwhite and Bessie for replying.

In answer to your questions.

*No I didn't cut carbs prior to starting, had a lovely last supper lol!

*I normally only drank a pint of fluid a day before starting, so the 4lt average was a huge jump for me.

*My exercise regime prior to starting was the school run in the car and that was it.

*My scales are always in the same place and match the results on CDC scales.

*I'm not time of the month either.

My daily meals are ; tetra for breakfast, CD spaghetti bolognaise for lunch, tea and supper. (4packs in total ). I've been told I can have spaghetti bolognaise for all four meals if I wanted, but the carb content seems so high on them compared to the soups/shakes. I'm still in keto though which is all the more confusing. Xx

I think it might be worth swapping your products for a few days. The spag bol is completly new and you are having 3 of these too. Could you try a few days without them and try just having the tetra's or other products? It probably isn't that but seems strange as it's such a new product, it's higher cals and carbs and your not losing as much as before. What did you have before when you was on it? Try that for a week and see what happens. x

I lived off 3 banana tetras a day for five months. I think I'll try that and see if it makes a difference. Xx

Hi,

Well had my 2nd weigh in and after a miserable (compared to the average) first weeks loss of 4lbs 100% on ss! I have now lost 1 Lb:confused:. No inches either. I really do just want to cry.

I have 9st to lose and needed to lose up to 3st by 6th march ( 8 week window ) for a wedding. I can't see that happening now as I have only 6weeks to go and will probably have rubbish losses all the way through.

I know I am drinking enough water, 4lts on average but it makes no difference. I'm also in keto, so what is going on. Am I a freak of nature or something. I had all my packs, not cheated, not retaining water, plenty of pee and poo and no exercise, like they recommend.

I've done CD before, quite a few years ago and had quite good losses, even though I did cheat a few times back then. My thyroid is fine too. I can't give up but it's not an easy diet to follow especially when you have kids and your cooking for them everyday. The water is bloody hard work too, but I keep drinking it as I've been told it helps with the losses. Wish I had answers as to why my body won't give up the 126lbs of fat. I feel lower today than I've ever been. Xx

I'm really sorry you are experiencing this. I'm also impressed you are not giving up even though it is difficult for you right now. Good on you. I don't have any answers for you but I wanted you to know that I admire your determination and I really really hope you have a pleasant surprise next week. You certainly deserve it.

xxx

some good advise in your posts Liz. I hope it helps you, Autumn

I think going back to the tetras makes sense for the moment. For me personally bars did slow down my weigthloss and I dont think I'd have had the losses I had eating three "meals" a day instead of the shakes.

I find the bars slow me down too. You have to find what works for you. There's no logical reason it shouldn't work no matter what you have product wise. Having said that there's anecdotal evidence that sticking to shakes and (to a lesser degree) soups makes for quicker losses. There's nothing to back that up though!

Xxx

Hey :) Sorry e weight is taking time to come off - I can get how that's really hard when on a plan as full on as CWP ... as its famed for quick losses things going slowly can be a real de-motivator. Like some others have said - 5lb in 2 weeks is pretty great (way better than putting on weight or staying the same) - tho I hear you when you say you have a deadline and are frustrated at how long it's taking.

i hope swapping the bolognaise for shakes helps - I was a bit worried about the bolognaise so, whilst I enjoy it, I only have it once a week (on a weekend when I tend to do lots of exercise). I figure the extra carb content might be useful then. Be really good to hear whether this affects things. I was looking in to how much our weight varies during the day, in terms of water retention etc, and it can be huge. So, the figure on the scales isn't always so accurate - but only time really tells whether things are going in the right direction. That is massively frustrating, but I think it's great that you're keeping going even though you feel demotivated, I really hope you get the losses you want and your hard work pays off. Hang in there :)

Back