2nd weigh in. Annoyed...and a bit of a rant

Fat2ThinGirl

Gonna get slim
My second weigh in with the Cambridge diet and I lost 3lb..neither I nor my counsellor was impressed considering that I have over 10 stone to lose and I usually lose weight very fast initially.

My counsellor's partner (who helps out) then chips in and asked me how many porridge packs and how many bars I've been having in one day...'3 porridge some days' I reply. '3' she says, 'no wonder'; 'they contain more carbohydrate than the other packs apart from the bars...i'm sure I told you that' (she didn't, and in fact let me buy 21 porridge and 7 bars last week)!!! No apology to me so I felt like I was the one in the wrong and being told off like a naughty school girl for not losing enough weight and being told it was my fault'. I'm not being funny but if I'd have known I could only have one of each I wouldn't have done that. When I did LL I could have as many porridge packs as I like and even doing ww with real food I could lose 3lb in a week.

I have now been rationed to one bar and one porridge pack per day...would have been good to know this from the begining...sorry for rant but I want the weight to come off fast and I'm not sure that I could survive several more weeks of sole source and only lose 3lb a week:cry:

Well it seems that you had been mis-informed so try not to get yourself down about it! Least you can learn from this now and it won't happen again!

Apart from that 3lbs weigh loss in a week is fantastic! You're doing great so keep your chin up! :) x

Thought you could have 3 porridge every day ?

:( Im sorry you feel bad ... I hope next week is better for you. HUGS

Hi, thanks for your replies. I've calmed down a bit now and am feeling better. I wrote that message just after I came in as a means to prevent myself from 'eating' my feelings....I am begining to find myself experiencing more feelings now that I am not burying them under a whole heap of food and it feels a little uncomfortable.:sigh:

I have 4 packs a day as I am tall...i've emailed Cambridge directly to find out what the facts are....I might be one of those people that comes out of ketosis really easily (though I wasn't before) and therefore can't have too many high carb packs or it might just be the pattern of my weight loss...guess i'll have to stick with it and try and stay postive to my first big goal of getting 8 stone off by Christmas.

keep positive you are doing so well..- i lost 3lbs this week also......

3 lbs is a huge loss guys i lhad a huge loss on my first week but if i get a 3lbs loss i will be very happy as i expect tonot loose much on 2nd week however i have been told week 3 will be a very good one so keep positive and kets see what week 3 brings

fat2thingirldo youhave 4 shkes as well as bars? or just 4 shakes as your tall?

I think that you will have a bigger weight loss next week. My second weigh in I stayed the same and I was a bit disheartened....but look at it this way....at least it is a loss and 3lbs is a lot of weight. I am going for my 4th weigh in tonight. All the best with your weight loss journey x

Fingers crossed for next week eh?

p.s. I have 3 shakes an6d 1 bar (4 in total)

out of interest what did you lose your first week and did she take measurements to see if you lost inches instead?

I wouldn't be disheartened by it - 3lbs a week is 12lbs a month so its not that far off what would be expected on CD. The first week is always your bigger loss because of the reduction in water retention and 3-4lbs a week after that is a good loss. I lost 7lbs my first week and was amazed when I lost 3.5lbs the second but I'm only expecting it to be around 2lbs a week at the most from here on in.

And as much as in theory its easier to lose that amount on WW in reality I was lucky if I lost 1-2lbs on WW - I don't know about now but that was always their goal amount each week too. When I've done CD although the weight losses don't necessarily look much higher I can certainly see more of a difference in my shape with CD than I ever saw when I tried WW and the losses are consistent each and every week.

Plus what has always put me off other diets is the feeling of being judged so if that was me and the CDC made me feel like that then I would definitely be looking to see if I can find a different one - I've had 2 over the last year as 1 of them stopped covering this area and they have both been so supportive its been unreal. First time round I stopped at 1 stone above my ideal weight and this time I'm still aiming to stop around 7lbs above it to be more realistic on what I can maintain and at no point have either of them ever put pressure on me to lose more weight. If I've lost 3lbs they've been over the moon for me and enthusing at how well I've done to stick to it rather than making me feel bad for not losing more.

Good luck and try not to get disheartened - as others have said 3lbs is still a good loss in a week.

I lost 13lb in my first week, 3lb in my second. I know a loss is till a lost but when I did the diet before I lost 5lb a week-the bigger you are the faster you can lose weight (at least in the initial stages) and I was hoping for the same. I've not been measured but have gone down a size (can't find the smiley face but would put one here if I could)!

I feel like I have given a bad impression of my CDC which is wrong. He is actually really good. He's won awards and is really encouraging and posts regular blogs on the internet which helps a lot-he just has a tough no excuses stance and wants me to do well which is why he pushes me to the max but I can only lose the weight at the rate my body allows...

I think that you will have a bigger weight loss next week. My second weigh in I stayed the same and I was a bit disheartened....but look at it this way....at least it is a loss and 3lbs is a lot of weight. I am going for my 4th weigh in tonight. All the best with your weight loss journey x

how did you do ? :D:D

I hope you are hanging in there. My second week loss was less than my firstg ..but I am determined to stick at it. I see the impressive losses here, often weeks into the plan and keeps me going. YOu have done great so far ... how are you feeling now?

I lost 13lb in my first week, 3lb in my second. I know a loss is till a lost but when I did the diet before I lost 5lb a week-the bigger you are the faster you can lose weight (at least in the initial stages) and I was hoping for the same. I've not been measured but have gone down a size (can't find the smiley face but would put one here if I could)!

I feel like I have given a bad impression of my CDC which is wrong. He is actually really good. He's won awards and is really encouraging and posts regular blogs on the internet which helps a lot-he just has a tough no excuses stance and wants me to do well which is why he pushes me to the max but I can only lose the weight at the rate my body allows...

16lbs in two weeks is awesome. I do understand being disappointed with it though - especially if the weight loss isn't as fast as it was before. Last time I did this I lost 4lbs a week - week 2 this time I lost 3.5lbs and was surprised to still be losing close to what I lost last time and then this week was disappointed when it was down to 2lbs. If I'd planned before that I'd lose a steady 2lbs a week I would have been over the moon but I think I got my expectations up based on my previous experiences.

You are doing fantastically well and after such a big loss the first week I'm not surprised it was smaller the second as your body adjusts. Keep at it and don't get disheartened - even if you keep going at a steady 3lbs a week that will put you at 22lbs down in the first month which is a phenomenal amount of weight to lose in 4 weeks.

I'm feeling much better thanks and have hung in there...I lost 6lb this week (8lb first thing this morning on my scales) so am very happy. Maybe the higher carb content of the bars/porridge does make a difference...I will stick to one of each per day from now on!

you have lost a lot of weight have you done SS?

Yes. I usually lose it fast at first as I have so much to lose which is why I was so disappointed at week 2.

when is your next weigh in?i am notgetting weighed for another 2 weeks but feeling like crap today...how are you today?

Back