2nd weigh in

Discussion in 'Xenical Diaries' started by Rosebud333, 15 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Rosebud333

Rosebud333 Member

Hi, I posted a similar message earlier but am keen to speak to someone. At the end of my first weigh in I lost 9lbs. Today, at the end of the second month, I lost NOTHING! :cry:

I don't get it at all. I'm a lot thinner, have had to chuck loads of clothes out and feel/look very toned.

My doctor said for me not to stress about it, but obviously I am! I haven't cheated at all but haven't really been paying any attention to carbs, calories, and wine!

Where am I going wrong? Please someone, advise me! :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KittyBling

KittyBling Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Every Other Day Diet
    Calories, Rosebud, calories! Just cos it's low fat doesn't mean you won't get fat eating it. And switch to vodka!!

4. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    Exactly what KB said - I couldn't JUST follow a low fat diet, without looking at calories too, because many things are low fat but high in sugar.
    Low fat biscuits are a good example...they may say on the packet that they contain 30% less fat than the normal variety, but if you look at the packet, often you will find that they contain just as many calories, because the manufacturers have used sugar and other things to replace the fat.

Have a look at My Fitness Pal, work out how many calories you should be having in a day to lose weight, and then try sticking to that for a couple of weeks and see how you go. I know it's a pain to keep calculating everything, but once you've done it for a little while you can start being slightly less obsessive about it.

I don't write things down except for my diary on here, but I have a range of lunch and evening meal ideas that I know will fall within a certain calorie allowance, say 300 for lunch, 500 for tea, so I don't have to obsess about it every time I go to prepare a meal.

It does get easier, honestly :)

5. cannyscot

cannyscot Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Your going in the right direction keep at it.

6. madchef

madchef Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat
    Low fat doesn't necessarily mean low calories, you do have to watch your calorie intake as well and as much as I love my Wine I am now restricting it to the weekend only, not that the calories seem to bother my weight, never has, it's just my will power goes and I start snacking :sigh:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.