3 bars a day.. is it allowed?

Hello Rosie - you'll find both on LT and CD that you should not have more than 1 bar or flapjack per day. The other 2 meals must be shakes or soups. The reason for this is that the bars and flapjacks contain more carbs and by having more than 1 per day you run the risk of coming out of ketosis.

HTH

A couple of days a month when I am travelling like day trip to London etc and its too difficult to bring shakers etc - I have eaten 2 flapjacks....mentioned this to the chemist and they it was OK once it wasnt too often....as Elle said it can mess up you ketosis.....

I reackon needs must. If it is a choice between bending the rules and falling off the wagon I know what I would rather do :eek:

thanks very much everyone! I will only do it if I have to, shall try and do the shakes as much as I can. It's just that I want to do it secretly for a few weeks (just so I know that I can do it again:D) and then I will be grand.

I was also wondering about going to the gym while SSing? is it advisable?

You could also buy a beaker with a lid and make your shake up in that - I do that whenever I am due to be out and about. Really not worth taking yorself out of ketosis by having 2 bars a day, that would defeat the object of a VLCD!

For the first couple of weeks dont do any strenuous exercise at all, after that you could start going to the gym but you need to be careful not to overdo it.

I was also wondering about going to the gym while SSing? is it advisable?

As Elle said after your first week you should be ok - nothing to stressful....I started doing half hour 3 times a week and it really helped develop tone where there was previously flab!!

You could also buy a beaker with a lid and make your shake up in that - I do that whenever I am due to be out and about. Really not worth taking yorself out of ketosis by having 2 bars a day, that would defeat the object of a VLCD!

For the first couple of weeks dont do any strenuous exercise at all, after that you could start going to the gym but you need to be careful not to overdo it.

If you take your shake in a beaker with a lid if you are going to be out and about does this not break the "drink your shake within 15mins of making it" rule?

Ah yes it would, but I put the powder into hte beaker, and I always carry water with me, so I just make it up when I am ready for it!!

LOL...it reminds me of the days of bringing bottles and baby formula with me everywhere I went!!

What a clever girl you are Elle!!

Thats very true Bea, actually it hasnt been that long since I had to do that so you would think that I would have thought of that!!

Back