3 bars per day?

Hi All,

I may to take a short trip to Glasgow on business which will involve a flight (train is 8+ hours!). Now.... I am doing the CD (stone lost so far!) and i have 3 tetras and some chicken but the tetras can't be taken on a plane!

I *really* don't like the packet stuff (tried them!) so have two options i guess:

1. Eat 3 bars only - too much already!
2. Eat sensible for the 2 days with plenty of water - staying away from the carbs!

What would be the better option? I'm guess option 1?

You can take tetras on the plane but just put them in your hold luggage, not hand luggage. It's only hand luggage that's restricted, which is to 100ml, which is lame I know!

There's no reason for them to. I've had them on a plane before and they were fine. Liquids are fine in the cargo hold, they're pressurised just like the rest of the plane, just a bit colder usually.

Though I think on your older planes, much much older, they weren't pressurised to the same level as the passenger areas. The tetras are the same as say hairspray canisters or anything like that, if the pressure dropped because they're sealed they wouldn't be able to equalise and so would go pop. However the cargo hold is pressurised so they're fine.

So you should be fine taking them :)

But otherwise if you faced that situation for another reason I'd probably suggest the bars, or something like 1 bar and a sensible meal that fits with one of the higher plans.

Last edited:
I flew to Ireland with 28 tetra's hun and they never went pop x

I flew to Ireland with 28 tetra's hun and they never went pop x

Will be a pain having to check a bag in purely to take tetras but only delays me by 15 - 20min at the other end but if it means i can follow it 100% i'll be much happier!

Thanks xx

Ohh yeah, you said it was a couple of days didn't think about how that would mean you probably only had hand luggage, that does make it annoying!

I would avoid 3 bars in one day... the side effects can be a bit 'windy', and the tummy definately feels a bit on the dodgy side afterwards. Might be worth checking in the tetras.

Daniella you're so clever!!! I wouldn't have even thought of that idea, is a good one!

There's no reason for them to. I've had them on a plane before and they were fine. Liquids are fine in the cargo hold, they're pressurised just like the rest of the plane, just a bit colder usually.

Though I think on your older planes, much much older, they weren't pressurised to the same level as the passenger areas. The tetras are the same as say hairspray canisters or anything like that, if the pressure dropped because they're sealed they wouldn't be able to equalise and so would go pop. However the cargo hold is pressurised so they're fine.

So you should be fine taking them :)

But otherwise if you faced that situation for another reason I'd probably suggest the bars, or something like 1 bar and a sensible meal that fits with one of the higher plans.

Such an expert...:rolleyes: LOL

I bought a shaker for when i do business trips, like they use for muscle and protein shakes at the gym. They sell them in tesco about £4 weight next to nothing and take my packs with me.

The shakes are fab not bitty or chalky.

These are also great for people at work too where an electric whisk is not available, and people who are on a budget and cannot afford tetra's or bars.

Muchas Lovas x

Such an expert...:rolleyes: LOL

Haha I don't know how I end up knowing all this stuff, I just do! I'm full of all of the most useless and random information a person could ever know! Didn't think that knowing that it's since the 40s that planes have pressurised hulls making the entire plane pressurised rather than just the passenger cabins would have ever been helpful to anyone!

I bought a shaker for when i do business trips, like they use for muscle and protein shakes at the gym. They sell them in tesco about £4 weight next to nothing and take my packs with me.

Yup I have one of those too, they're great. You can get little hand blender things which are battery powered but I find the shakers a lot more discreet, less noisy!

I took a shaker on holiday with me and a load of shakes and bars, its was great... didnt want to risk the tetras, although im sure theyre ok, ive seen the baggage handlers at gatwick! theyre not exactly careful! Im going away again in April, will do the same i expect... cant live without the bars now!

I adore them! i would lurve to do 3 a day! Ive had 2 a day before, and suffered no effects from it! yummmyummmm!!!!

Back