3 days in to TS, have the upset tummy, is this normal?

pixar

has to be done this year
I am currently 3 days into the TS plan and have not had any side effects apart from upset tummy. I am not experiencing hunger problems, headaches or tiredness as such but I find that after i drink the shakes i get diarrhea. Im ok after eating the bars, and seem ok after the soup, but every time i have the shakes, roughly an hour later i feel my tummy gurgle where i get to urge to go toilet, is it quite normal to get the runs when yr doing TS ???

Funny you should say that, I never had this problem on Cambridge but I think the 3rd or 4th day I had the same issue...x

are u experincing this problem on exante?

Yes I had that problem on Exante, though it was the bars that affected me. I found if I ate half the bar in the morning and half in the afternoon, it did limit the problem. I searched and found that it was a problem for a few people and I also found out that the bars contained something...can't remember what now...that was a laxative.
So, maybe split your shake pack for starters to see if that helps, or add more water to dilute it? I do know that for some, the concentrated vitamins and minerals is a problem and causes an upset tum.

I had that problem too the first week but it didnt last long at all :)

oh thanks guys so much for your replies, kind of got worried, its nice to know i am not alone:) i think its because of the high concentration of vitamins maybe because i don't have this problem with other milkshakes. I also has this problem with slim fast in the past so I think its the meal replacement ones that affect me

oh i hope it does pass soon, because i hate this feeling where my tummy is gurgling and i feel like i need to go loo, its just uncomfortable, does it eventually return back to normal?

Hi! I am on day 10 and unfortunately have been having the exact same issues as Pixar. I am hoping it will pass soon! I must admit that the frequency or sudden urge to go to the loo has reduced some what in the last day (now down to twice a day as suppose to random intervals) but the diarrhoea and the guggle in my tummy remains. I'm hoping it goes by the end of the week or I'm thinking of maybe trying somthing like imodium?

Hi! I am on day 10 and unfortunately have been having the exact same issues as Pixar. I am hoping it will pass soon! I must admit that the frequency or sudden urge to go to the loo has reduced some what in the last day (now down to twice a day as suppose to random intervals) but the diarrhoea and the guggle in my tummy remains. I'm hoping it goes by the end of the week or I'm thinking of maybe trying somthing like imodium?

It will sort itself out just drink plenty of water and maybe split the packs in half as it is generally the amount of vitamins that most people aren't useful so if you split your packs and so have 1/2 a pack 6 times a day this can help.
I wouldn't suggest immodium myself.

I had a mega runny tummy when I first started.
I now put psyllium husk powder in my soup, and it sorted me out.
You can get the capsules too.
Marge
:D

ile wait and see if it don't resolve by the end of the week then i might try some of those capsules, its not so severe at the moment, maybe run to the loo 2-3 time a day, not constant, i just hope it don't get worst tomo or next day:) im just glad to know that it hasn't just effected me:)

i hope mine gets better too, hate this feeling

I had a major case of runny tummy yesterday (day 2) it was awful. I had to take immodium and I'm better now. If this problem comes about ago I will take immodium because it's the only way

im just glad its not me then. pheww:) im on day 5 now and its kind of getting better thank God, channy how are u today, yr tummy better?

ugggghhh - I was on day 3 yesterday and bam it hit me, glad Id read this thread the other day! Im fine now though - it was just a one off for me! x

oh your better now rainbow? its good to hear that yr better, just horrible isn't it:) i think im going back to normal now pheww:)

Back