My Diary. New Year, new start. I WILL succeed this time. 8 stone to lose forever!

After years of diets, losing 2 stone and then gaining back 3 I'm the heaviest I've ever been. Enough is enough, I can't go on like this any more. I've decided to give Exante another go. I've had success with Cambridge in the past, but it was just too expensive to continue. I've done Exante a few times, but always gave up after a few weeks, never really sticking to the plan, always finding an excuse why I should start again next week etc.

So here I am, day one for the last time. Height of 5 ft 8 and starting weight of 17 stone 12 lbs. My aim is to get down to 10 stone, ideally by the time I go to Florida at the end of October. That's just short of 8 stone in 10 months, which I know is possible if I stay focused.

I'm going to do a combination of TS and Man Plan. I know I'm going to need to set myself regular meal times, if I just go by eating when I'm hungry then I'll have had all my products by lunch time. So I'm thinking, on the days I do TS I'll have my first product at 11 am, second at 3 pm and final one at 7 pm. On Man Plan days I'll have my first product at 10 am, second at 2 pm, third at 6 pm and final one at 8 pm.

4 litres of water each day no matter which plan I'm on. I know milk in tea and coffee isn't allowed on TS, but I'm going to allow myself a splash, black coffee is a trigger for migraines for me, so I'd rather lose a couple of pounds less each month by having a bit of milk each day, then suffer with migraines. The headaches over the first few days are going to be bad enough!

So here I go, it's 8.30 am and I'm on my second litre of water. Stomach is rumbling, all I can think about is food, but I determined and focused. Wish me luck!

You can do this! Stay strong! :)

Day 1 didn't go to plan, but it has taught me I need to totally take real food out of the equation. I was starving so I decided to have a boiled egg, as soon as I had that I couldn't stop. So now onto day 2. Rather than trying to stick to TS and have a few man plan days when needed, I'm going to do man plan all the time. I'm going to space my meals out at 3 hour intervals. (11, 2, 5 and 8)

I've had a Daal pot and 2 litres of water so far. I'm going to have beef in black bean at 2 pm and then spag bol at 5 pm and a cherry and almond bar to finish off at 8 pm.

Onto day 4, still not had a 100% day on plan, at this rate I won't have lost anything by weigh in day. I don't understand why I'm finding it so hard. I have all the motivation I need - holiday to look forward to, kids who I want to be here for, a boyfriend who I want to be proud of me and not feel like he's stuck with a fat girlfriend, heading into my late 30's with a family history of heart disease - all that plus just just wanting to look better and not hate myself when I look in the mirror should spur me on, but it's not. I know once I have a 100% day that will spur me on, so I just have to focus on that, take each hour at a time

I think you need to forget about food and when your next meal is going to be. The thing is when we are on a 'diet' we have to plan so we are always counting down the hours to the next 'fix'. We need a different mind set. Need to keep busy. We always seem to be thinking about food.

It's harder when we have kids as we have to plan for what they are going to eat and when.

Stay busy,stay strong and once you have got a few days done it will become easier.:)

The first 3 days are very tough, absolutely no doubt..........but once you get past that, it is so much easier ☺️

Be strong and just get through the first few days......starting and stopping is just so much harder.........and I should know!!!

We have a similar amount to lose, we can do this together 😊

Keeping busy and trying (mostly failing though!) not to think about food is certainly helping today. I've stuck to the plan, had 2 shakes so far and 3 litres of water, so feeling quite pleased with myself. Dare I say it .... I might just have completed a full day 100% on plan in a few hours time. I'll be having an early night just to make sure! lol

You're right Darcy, stopping and starting is so much harder. I wish I'd have carried on with CWP when I was on it, I found it relatively easy, I lost a good amount and then had to stop because it was just too expensive. I've spent way more money on rubbish food since then, making myself this size than I would have done on CWP if I'd have stuck to it. Do you have a time frame of when you'd like to have lost the weight by? For me, it's October. Florida at the size I am now is just not an option for me. We went there a few years ago, I was slightly smaller than I am now and I let my size ruin the holiday. I wouldn't go to any of the water parks, so I missed out on all that with the kids. I was too afraid to go on most of the rides in case I didn't fit into them. That should have been our holiday of a life time, I'm determined this one is going to make up for it.

Keeping busy and trying (mostly failing though!) not to think about food is certainly helping today. I've stuck to the plan, had 2 shakes so far and 3 litres of water, so feeling quite pleased with myself. Dare I say it .... I might just have completed a full day 100% on plan in a few hours time. I'll be having an early night just to make sure! lol

You're right Darcy, stopping and starting is so much harder. I wish I'd have carried on with CWP when I was on it, I found it relatively easy, I lost a good amount and then had to stop because it was just too expensive. I've spent way more money on rubbish food since then, making myself this size than I would have done on CWP if I'd have stuck to it. Do you have a time frame of when you'd like to have lost the weight by? For me, it's October. Florida at the size I am now is just not an option for me. We went there a few years ago, I was slightly smaller than I am now and I let my size ruin the holiday. I wouldn't go to any of the water parks, so I missed out on all that with the kids. I was too afraid to go on most of the rides in case I didn't fit into them. That should have been our holiday of a life time, I'm determined this one is going to make up for it.

I would dearly love to reach target by the end of the year.......that might be a bit optimistic, but it is my dream!

I so understand your holiday issues.....been there, done that 😢

I’m actually going to the Caribbean at the end of the month. Terrible as it sounds, I’m not actually looking forward to it that much because of my size. I booked the trip nearly 2 years ago, with the belief I’d be at target weight. Wasn’t to be, so there we go. I will have a good time, but I do regret not being slimmer 😏

Onwards and downwards!!

Darcy, I'm sure you'll smash your goal, I've read lots of the before and afters when buying the products and there are lots of people who have lost incredible amounts of weight within a year, you're going to be one of them.

The Caribbean sounds great, you'll have a brilliant time. We were supposed to be going to Florida in April, but after explaining to my BF how unhappy I am at the moment, going at this size would just ruin the holiday for me, he suggested we postpone, so we decided on October. Extremely selfish of me I know, and I do feel bad about that, so that's just another reason why failing this time isn't an option for me

Darcy, I'm sure you'll smash your goal, I've read lots of the before and afters when buying the products and there are lots of people who have lost incredible amounts of weight within a year, you're going to be one of them.

The Caribbean sounds great, you'll have a brilliant time. We were supposed to be going to Florida in April, but after explaining to my BF how unhappy I am at the moment, going at this size would just ruin the holiday for me, he suggested we postpone, so we decided on October. Extremely selfish of me I know, and I do feel bad about that, so that's just another reason why failing this time isn't an option for me

Thank you 😊

I’m hopeful about reaching target by Christmas.....how fabulous would that be!

I debated cancelling my holiday, but decided not to in the end. It is what it is, and I am grateful that I will be seeing some sunshine ☀️🌴

This is going to be our year......I just know it ☺️

So, today is day 6. I've had 2 100% days in a row, hopefully today will be number 3. I'm not expecting a huge loss when I weigh in on Thursday, but I am looking forward to finding out how I've done

Still going strong, coming to the end of day 6 now, so far I've had a shake and daal pot. Struggling with water today though, only had just over a litre so far.

I need to find some new ways to distract myself, my house has been cleaned from top to bottom, I've watched hours upon hours of netflix, and re-done my acrylic nails over and over again just to keep myself out of the kitchen.

Weigh in this morning and I'm 6lbs down. Part of me is really disappointed, but then I need to remember I didn't do a full week 100%, it took until day 3 or 4 for me to properly stick to plan, and I never have huge losses anyway, on CWP I weighed in every 2 weeks and even then I only had an 8lb loss on my first weigh in after being on plan for 2 weeks. So all in all, not too bad really. If I can average a weight loss of 10-12 lbs per month I'll be more than happy with that.

Back