3 Questions!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by loveablemonkey, 29 March 2008 Social URL.

1. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ok I'm mega frustrated, this is my third time trying to post this but computer keeps crashing!! So I have 3 questions and would be so grateful if someone could give me a few pointers -

Question 1! - Is the reason we're advised not to chew gum purely because it would make us more hungry? If so, I can totally handle that, I'm hungry anyway and how much worse could it get really. I'm just missing my chewing gum and hate this constant bad taste in my mouth and the worry about my breath! Though if it actually has any actual negative effects on the weightloss then obviously I'll just have to deal..

Question 2 - I'm on day 5 of SS and have been invited out for a meal next Friday with this guy I've been on a couple of dates with, and I can't suggest an alternate activity because his boss has actually apparently offered to pay for a meal for him and a nice girl (me :cool:) up to £150 because he's been working hard lately or something! :eek: - So... what do I do to try and limit the damage! Stick to proteins or greens or..? I don't know, any advice? Also drinks - is anything as bad as anything else or is red/white wine/rose/champagne better? Obviously I'll only have a couple of glasses and just try and make them last but just wondering if anything is less bad. And I won't be telling him I'm on a diet because that's so unsexy for a guy hehe he can just think I'm naturally shrinking!

Question 3 - No matter how hard or for how long I wisk, my shakes are always very lumpy! I don't own and can't afford a blender, and I don't actually mind the lumpiness (makes the shakes feel slightly more substantial and food-like somehow) but it would be nice to get them smooth if I could. Is this actually possible without a blender?

Hope someone can help! Thanks! :D
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deejay

Deejay Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
  4. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi there

I'll answer as best I can

Q1 - Some gum has sugar in and even the sugar free ones contain ingredients that can take you out of ketosis. I know some people chew the trident one and it doesn't affect them but I don't think its worth the risk. You can use the gold spot mouthspray (original) and that helps with the nasty taste.

Q2 - DONT drink when you're in ketosis. At best you will feel rough but at the worst it can be fatal. See this thread for more infor (it scared the life out of me!) http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

As for food, stick to chicken / fish and green veg, nothing carby and ask the chef not to use too much oil. I know what you mean about guys finding diets unsexy, I didn't dare tell last nights date that I was on the diet so ate a wee bit of chicken which hasn't done me any harm.

Q3 - I find the only way to get the shakes really smooth is to use a blender. They don't have to be anything special. I bought an expensive one at the start which broke so now I just use the £3.99 stick ones and make my shakes in a tall jug. Someone told me that if you make the shake into a paste with a little bit of water then whisk water into the paste it helps if you are in a non blender emergency. Also the lactose free shakes are much smoother.

5. loveablemonkey

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    thank you very much, that was really helpful! (Both answers, I've bought the protein shake shaker)

6. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I chew wrigleys extra, not sure if it's affected my weight loss at all, because I've had it from day 1... but I'm still losing 3lbs a week which is good enough for me.. I'd rather still be able to talk to people than lose an extra lb!!!

as for blenders, tesco do a stick blender for £3.49 and it works really well. you need to have a tallish jug for it though..

and avoid alcohol!! you can always say you're not drinking at the mo without saying you're dieting, I normally say I'm just taking a course of antibiotics, if he's particularly nosey, ear infections are a nice non-manky illness

7. loveablemonkey

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Haha love that advice Liz thanks!! That's a really good idea, I was worrying about the reason for no alcohol!! Brilliant :)

8. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i got a hand blender from tescos for £3.99 and its great as i was having problems getting mind to be smooth hope that helps ashley xx

9. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have 2 blendser (one for work and one for home) and my husband got them from tesco for £4:99 each! An absolute godsend. They REALLY make a difference.

I would suggest eating protein

Just drink sparkiling water. Just a bit of alcohol will weaken your resolve.

10. loveablemonkey

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks everyone, amazing advice!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.