3 stone to go!

Nice one Sam, I'm not doing weightwatchers anymore. I've gone back to calorie counting with my fitness pal like I always do! that's how I've lost my weight this year not weight watchers, I'm bored of counting points & I've only been doing it just over a week :eek:

My fitness pal as of this morning, I'll do a new diary when I get chance & leave you the link to follow it.

Yes you'll be in the 8's in no time!! Xx

I really do think calorie counting is the way forward. It's much more flexible it terms of the odd treat therefore easier to stay on plan! How many calories do you try and stick to? I've been trying to stick to 1200 but it is tough some days - today for example, I went out for lunch, I just had a starter but i've no idea how many calories it was :( Hopefully not more than 500.. x

Well it's almost the weekend.. Going to try and eat minimal apart from my Chinese banquet tomorrow night! I'm going to count everything except my meal out. X

BlondieSam said:
I really do think calorie counting is the way forward. It's much more flexible it terms of the odd treat therefore easier to stay on plan! How many calories do you try and stick to? I've been trying to stick to 1200 but it is tough some days - today for example, I went out for lunch, I just had a starter but i've no idea how many calories it was :( Hopefully not more than 500.. x

I'm allowed 1200 calories a day, that would lose me around 2lb per week if I stuck to the 1200 a day, it's hard some days I do admit, yesterday I went to mcdonalds with my friend.. She had the full shabang big mac meal milkshake the lot! I though I'll be good & just have a mcflurry......... 419 calories in it :eek: I was shocked it was so high!! So nearly half my calories gone yesterday, I literally had to eat scraps for the rest of the day to stay within lol

Are you still on my fitness pal? I can't seem to find you on there for some reason xx

Yeah I am, I'm slriley88 :) If I eat 1200 calories a day I'm down to lose 0.9lb/week - depressing! My losses seem to be more like 2-3lb though. I'm hoping for a lb this week xxxx

Oh Sam ignore me lol you commented on my fitness pal status yesterday & I didn't even realise that was you hahaha I was looking for blondiesam on my friends list ooopps :)

I've sent you a friend request on MFP Sam, hope you don't mind :)

I think mine is set to 1 1/2 lb a week loss at 1200 calories, but realistically I seem to be loosing about 1lb.

tweekedgirl said:
I've sent you a friend request on MFP Sam, hope you don't mind :)

I think mine is set to 1 1/2 lb a week loss at 1200 calories, but realistically I seem to be loosing about 1lb.

Accepted :) Have you managed to stick to the 1200? I do find it really tough at times. I do seem to lose more than MFP says but I think that may slow down. I need to up the exercise and not eat back the cals to create a bigger deficit xxxx

Well it's the weekend.. I managed to stick to 300ml of wine last night so came in at just under 1200 for the day. My mum is cooking a full breakfast this morning but she has done SW herself so it's usually all healthy :) She's also got some 'skinny soups' in so I can have some of that if I'm hungry later before we go out for Chinese tonight. I'm going to log during the day today, plus any wine drank tonight but as for the Chinese food, I'm not sure whether to log it or just write it off! I'll see what I eat and how difficult it will be to log as we're having a banquet. X

Edit

I've looked at the banquet menu and tried to add what I'll eat to MFP. I think I've estimated over but it's 2133 calories - oh my god! I've got cake to go on top of that too. Definitely heading to the gym next week! x

Last edited:
Accepted :) Have you managed to stick to the 1200? I do find it really tough at times. I do seem to lose more than MFP says but I think that may slow down. I need to up the exercise and not eat back the cals to create a bigger deficit xxxx

Most days I manage to stick to the 1200, and I usually finish with around 50-100 calories to spare. If I earn extra from exercise, I sometimes eat those back so I end up on net -50 to 100 again. I haven't seen much of a difference between having a small deficit versus a big one so might as well eat as much as I'm allowed :p

tweekedgirl said:
Most days I manage to stick to the 1200, and I usually finish with around 50-100 calories to spare. If I earn extra from exercise, I sometimes eat those back so I end up on net -50 to 100 again. I haven't seen much of a difference between having a small deficit versus a big one so might as well eat as much as I'm allowed :p

Lol that's true :) This weekend was bad - lots of calories consumed last night and today as I have the worst hangover I've had for months! Back to it properly tomorrow :) Hope the scales are kind come Tuesday! xxx

Been back on plan today :) I really have seemed to have got the hang of just having 1 or 2 days off plan then getting back on it straight away - first time for everything! Xxxx

Yeh don't worry too much about that, a 1.2lb gain isn't much in the grand scheme of things, and the fact that you're able to get right back on track rather than letting a couple of days bad eating ruin your entire week shows that you're determined and in it for the long haul. x

Hey :) Had a bad past 4 days. I'm determined to make this week as good as possible (I'm on a course with work until Friday). I have family visiting next weekend too so that will be tough. I know I can get back on it 100% after that so I'm not too worried, I just really want to reach my goal of 8 stone by Christmas.

This week the plan is

Breakfast: Cereal/fruit
Lunch: Soup/salad
Dinner: Healthiest choice on the menu - it's 3 courses but if there's no fruit salad or any healthy starters I'll just have 1 or 2 courses
Snacks: Diet coke/tea - I'm going to allow myself sweets on ONE day only

Gym at least 3 times - probably today, Tuesday and Thursday :) It depends it it's free or not.

Edit

Oh and there's wine.. I don't want to be too rough though! Will see how it goes. When I'm out though I'm going to drink vodka and either diet coke or lime and soda.

Back