3 stone weight loss - maintaining for over 2 years <3

OpalLilyEats

Gold Member
Hi all!

Setting up a new diary to begin keeping track of my eats again. I used to post religously everyday and it definitely helped.

I lost 3 stone and got to my 8 stone target 2 years ago. I really struggled to maintain 8st so finally settled around 8st 7lb which I find it so much easier to maintain. I've been maintaining that weight for around 2 years now. I go up... but I also go down... all depending on what life is throwing at me. But generally I've found a pretty good balance.

What works for me and helps me maintain tends to be 2 x 500 cal fast days a week, with the rest SW. I tend to be a little more relaxed at the weekends and LOVE wine but the fast days reign any damage in. I also run frequently, 4 times a week currently as I'm marathon training... but love the outdoors so myself and my fiance are usually out and about doing something like hiking or going for walks. All of this probably helps keep my weight down too.

I completely overhauled my lifestyle and made it a lot more active and my food a lot healthier... it's definitely a lifestyle change for me. And despite eating out lots, drinking lots of wine etc, I know I'll never go back to where I was because those habits are long gone!! I mostly follow EE when it comes to SW, but throw in the odd red/green/EESP day too. I go through phases of eating lots of fish, less red meat, strictly veggie etc... all in a bid to keep things exciting, try new recipes and keep my heart and body healthy. If I've eaten rubbish for 3 days, I craveeee salad or veg! Who knew?!

We are getting married on New Year's Eve this year so from October, after the marathon and holidays, I will be on a mission to get back down to 8st again so I can feel 100% confident in my beautiful wedding dress <3

I hope you enjoy my postings and some of you drop in to say hello :) xx

Yesterday's grub was a bit naughty - too much bread!!! I didn't get in from interval training until 9pm so just had toast for dins... bold!

Tuesday 24th May - Red

B - grapefruit and a sausage sandwich! (Made with 2 sainsbos BGTY sausages (1), 2 slices of great white (hexb1 + 2 syns), ketchup (2))

L - curried pulled lamb with indian slaw, an indian summer salad and an apple

Pre-interval training - banana, strawberry liberte yog (1)
Post-interval training - 2 slices of toast (hexb2 + 2) with butter (4) and marmite

Others - 2 hob nob biscuits (7!!) :bolt:

HExA - SS milk
HExB - bread

Syns - 19!!! Whoops

Exercise - 5 miles of interval training

Thank you and thanks for following :)

Today's grub looked like this...

Wednesday 25th May - EE

B - scrambled eggs, rye bread, marmite, grapefruit

L - banana, yog

D - chicken casserole, roasted veg, potato wedges, ff yog and rhubarb crumble (10?)

Others - choc biscuit (4)

HExA - SS milk
HExB - rye bread

Syns = 14

Back