3 things to say...

Want2bThin

Hello all!

I just wanted to share with you 3 of my experiences through experimenting!!!

1. Choco tetras - pour your choc tetra into an ice lolly mould (i got mine from asda 98p!) and put in freezer for a couple of hours! WOW...(LICKING LIPS! :p) You end up with a choc lolly pop! As the nice weather is coming in it is definately worth a try!

2. Lighter life magazine - I know lighter life isn't cambridge, but it is very similar. I subscribed to it a few months back and recieved my second mag today. I have to say if you want inspiration, subscribe. It's great to hear stories of people having shakes, rather than talking about food. For those of you on the 790 plan or maintenence they also do (what look like) gorgeous recipes. If you are like me though and sole sourcing, just skip those pages! ;)

3. I don't know how you all make your shakes. I just blend my pack with a normal tumbler, but today i crushed some ice and made a pint of a shake and it was gorgeous and very refreshing during this lovely hot weather we are having! If you haven't tried crushed ice mixed with your shake before i definately recommend it.

- I'm on a mad one at the moment - experimenting with my shakes!!! It just gives you a nice change from the same old.

I am personally really enjoying the fact that the weather is so hot, it makes me drink more water and have lovely weight losses, who could ask for more. Keep shining Mr Sun! :cool:

Hope you are all doing well with CD. :D

Summer Recipes!
Ice pops
Water flavouring in kiddy ice lolly moulds and into the freezer. Both flavours work well – or mix half berry flavour with half orange flavour for a fruit salad flavour.

Ice cream
1. Freeze tetra packs – take out about an hour before you want to eat it. (Should only be done with one tetra a day)
2. Blitz ice cubes in a food processor or coffee grinder, until small crystals, add whatever flavour shake you want – about 2tablespoons of cold water and wizz up in food processor to make a big bowl of ice cream! Mix and match flavours … butterscotch and banana = banoffee. Or use half a sachet of one flavour and half a flavour of another.
3. Make up shake as normal – put in ice lolly moulds. You have mini milks!

Sorbet
Water flavouring added to water … in a small bowl or dish, in freezer and keep stirring whilst ice crystals form … take out before it freezes too hard. Sorbet!!

Jelly
Water flavouring, 150ml of very cold water and mix a mousse – make up as per instructions and put in a small bowl to make jelly! Have with ice cream!!

Ice cream Cheesecake
Crush a cranberry bar into crumbs in food processor, press into a small dish – put in fridge. Make up jelly as above – add to base once set. Make ice cream up and pour on top. This is either for 2 people … or 2 meals.

FLIRTY40GREEN EYES - Thankyou for the recipes they sound delicious, i'm definately going to be trying them out!

keep up the good work want to be thin, your enthusiasum is great, well done! am off to get lolly moulds now x

I could not have got through SS without my vanilla lattes.

Mix up the vanilla shake with some water (about 1/2 pt) to make the 'milk', then add filter coffee to make it up to around a pt. Feels like 'proper' breakfast! Especially seeing as now when I'm in a rush I make do with a skinny latte and an apple for breakfast!

What a great thread and so many great ideas for these hot days, brill thaks x

The latte is gorgeous dom!!!! Thanks so much for that recipe! And with the vanilla being sweet it's like having sugar without the sugar!!! :D

Back