3 weeks in and low energy

Gwella

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I decided to join the forum today due to a problem that I thought would've resolved by now but which is starting to annoy me.

I started SW (EE) three weeks ago tomorrow and have stuck to it on most days. Since about 2 days after I started, I've been feeling very weak. Not necessarily hugely sleepy, but like exercising is a huge effort. Normally I cycle every day to work, and go to the gym at least once a week. But twice since starting SW I've had to skip the gym, once at the gym I could barely keep going, and cycling feels like I'm pushing through lead. I've been for some moderate walks to try to compensate but it's not the same.

I thought eating more healthily should have the opposite effect! At first I thought it might be the change in the weather, adjusting to having less sugar, or an emerging cold but it's lasted 3 weeks now.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how long did it last? Did you change anything in your diet to get past it?

Thanks!

Hi, only thing I could suggest is to speak to your cons to see if they have had experience of this before and if not visit your GP. It could be just a co-inkiydink that it has all started at the same time. You could also discuss your diet with them and see if they have heard of anything else like this before.

Thanks for replying. Not many have so think it might be a bit unusual! I asked at group tonight, and the consultant hadn't heard of it, but one other person had the same experience. She's veggie and I'm pescetarian so could be that we lose something (maybe from not eating seeds or from less dairy?) so I'm going to experiment with some supplements this week and maybe sacrifice a few syns for some nuts/seeds. I'll hang in there a few more weeks then see the doctor if not - have had deficiencies in the past so might get a blood test/second opinion.

Hi I haven't experienced this but do you know on a green day ( which I presume ou are doing) you can have nuts/seeds as a b choice?

Sorry just realised you aren't veggie. But maybe you could throw in a a couple of green days on the days you don't have fish. As you get 2hea and 2heb. Have a look at them

Actually that would make a lot of sense, because on days I don't have fish I'm basically doing green already but without the extra Hexes! I'll look into it. Think I could do with a bit more fibre (beyond just veggies and brown pasta) too, so that would be good. Ta.

It could be your missing some nutrients if you've cut things from your diet. Like you said maybe try more nuts and seeds or maybe some non-meat protiens. Also do you have cereal? When I was pregnant and had to boost my iron levels but couldn't stomach meat a few people suggested eating more cereal cos it has added iron.

I'm going to try doing proper green days on the days this week when I don't have fish/only have a little bit of fish, and make sure I reintroduce things like seeds/nuts as part of that rather than just eating more cheese! It feels scary as I'm worried upping my bread, seeds etc will mean less weight loss next week, but I'll trust the system and I suppose not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much.
So far SW has been wonderful, but I think maybe consultants should point out to people that on days you don't eat meat you're basically following green and need more nutrients! I understand they want to focus on teaching people Extra Easy but vegetarians are a growing group of people nowadays and a lot of people don't eat meat every day.

Back