Extra Easy 3 weeks into Slimming World and feeling disappointed

cinnamongirl

Hi, This is my first post.

I am new to Slimming World after doing weightwatchers for years (lost and put most back on on).
What attracted me to SW EE was not having to weight and count constantly which was so restricting.

Week 1 I lost 4lbs and then nothing in week 2.
Upset last week I read my food diary and realised I didnt always have 1/3 SF with my meals so I made sure I did all last week.
I cycle 3 miles a day to and from work and I did an hour on my wii fit also.
I have stuck to it ridgedly all week - averaged 5 syns per day and lost 2lbs this week.

I was really really hoping to have lost 4lbs especially after reading so many posts where the pounds seem to drop off others and I do have a lot to lose.

I know I have lost which is great and I am going in the right direction but I just need some boosting and encouraging words please.

My weekly losses were better on WW but I just cant manage having to weigh and count everything.

Hope I dont come across like I am moaning but I am just a bit disheartened.
xx

Hi Cinnamongirl, I am doing slimming world as well but red and green days. I really think you should try to focus less on how much you are losing and enjoy the fact that it is coming off. I have good weeks and bad weeks on the scales and I pretty much stick rigidly to the diet - except this weekend when I had wine.

So well done and keep going!

2lbs is a fab loss! Following slimming world correctly you should see a loss of around 1-2lbs per week. (I did exactly the same as you- 4lbs first week, maintained 2nd) The thing with slimming world is that it is not a "diet" in that it doesn't restrict you. It is when your diet is restrictive that you will consistently see big losses, the first week of slimming world is often a larger loss as its usually a big change in the way people eat and the body is adjusting. Slimming world is a lifestyle change and one that is easy to stick to and maintain in the long term. Honestly you are doing really well- almost half a stone in 3 weeks is an amazing achievement so please don't be disheartened. Stick with it and it will be worth it!

You've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. An entirely normal weight loss on SW. If you stick to plan then you should expect to loose 1-2lbs a week. Where on earth did you get the impression that people on SW routiniely loose 4lbs? I wish!!!

Thanks for all you encouraging comments.
I have read many success stories of people losing lots and was hoping I would be too.
I realise I probably havent got as much to lose as them and also I need to view it as a lifestyle change not a diet.
I was also too feeling a bit disheartened as even though I am 6lbs less I put on a skirt I last wore 3 weeks ago and it seemed tighter !!!! and it not TOTM.
I will be sticking to it as I am enjoying all the cooking and variety.
Thanks again for your support.
x

If you have swapped from WW to SW you have to give your body time to get used to the new way of eating. Probably on SW you are eating a lot more volume wise.

Having done both plans myself I know which one I prefer. Never ever have I managed to lose 3 stone on WW before, and I'm never ever hungry.

Plus, try looking at your weight loss as a 4 week rolling figure, it kind of irons out any fluctuations.

Good luck though, and I am sure if you stick with it the weeks will fly by and the lbs will just melt away.

2 and 4lb is amazing over 3 weeks thats 2lb average...thats the high end of what SW aims for. You should be happy with that loss. Some people struggle to even lose a 1lb a week (my average is below a 1lb a week). you are losing unlike a lot of people do, don't expect to lose big because not everyone does.

5 syns a day is the minimum syns you should be having. If you're also doing quite a bit of exercise I strongly expect you aren't eating enough, which makes it just as hard to lose weight. Maybe you could post a food diary so we can see what youre eating, but tbh you sound like your doing just fine.

Also you say you have "a lot" to lose - you really don't, 4.5 stone is pretty average to be fair.
I know 'a lot' means different things to different people but unless you weigh 20, 25, 30 stone you cant be expecting to lose 4lb every week, you just cant. Your first week will always be a bigger loss as the others have said. I started at 27st 9lb and have lost 9 stone in just over a year, averaging 2lb a week. If you averaged 2lbs a week (which you are doing) you'd be at target in 6 months. If you try to do it in less time than that you'll only put it on again overnight - you know that from your experience putting it all back on again after WW :)
Also weekly WI's mean nothing really as they're so variable and it could be water, unprocessed food, TOTM etc. Try to think in terms of how much you lose in a month or more. Youll be fine x :)

hi ermin hope you don't mind love your advice it makes so much sense ,and omg 9st in a year inspirational truly xxxx

Louise xxx

hi ermin hope you don't mind love your advice it makes so much sense ,and omg 9st in a year inspirational truly xxxx

Louise xxx

Theres lots of people around here that have lost this much :D Col Jack is on about 15 stone now I think! :)

im still searching the site trying to find my way around :D i used to think it was impossible to lose that much xxx

hi everyone!
Sorry for late reply - I was on holiday and am pleased to say that I lost 4lbs in the following 2 weeks since my last post.I am so pleased.
Unfortunately gained 1lb last week - not sure why as I kept to plan and only had 85 syns over the week but nevermind its still a 9lb loss over 6 weeks.
Thanks for all your kind and encouraging comments.

I have started a weight loss diary now.

xx

Thanks a lot.
I am determined to stick to it.
your loss is fab - well done - hope i can do as well
just need to work out how to post a link to my diary now ! - not very techincally minded ha ha .x

Back