30 day fitness challenge - who's with me?

Bostik

Gold Member
S: 17st0lb C: 10st12.2lb G: 10st9lb BMI: 25.3 Loss: 6st1.8lb(36.05%)
Day Seven - 04/01/12
- Active: Took breaks and stretched while I was on my laptop.
- Exercise: Done C25k Week 4, Day 2
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch workout three times.
- Nutritional: Tried grapefruit - not my favourite fruit lol.
- Mind/Body: Write down 5 things you accomplished today and 5 things you'd like to accomplish tomorrow.
Accomplished today - 1) Done C25K week 4, day 2; 2) Stayed within my calories; 3) Cooked another healthy meal; 4) Tried a new fruit (I'm very bad at trying new things!); 5) Didn't get on the scale before weigh in tomorrow.
To-do tomorrow: 1) Weigh in tomorrow and be pleased with whatever the number is if it is a loss; 2) Walk into town and back; 3) Stay in my calories
- Food: Stayed within calories :)
- C25K was hardest today! Even though it was the same as Monday's seemed twice as hard for some reason!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Catherine_UK

S: 11st1lb C: 11st0lb G: 9st0lb Loss: 0st1lb(0.65%)
I've given up already, I can't do everything they want me to after a 12 hour shift at work, I got home from work at 8 and after exercises and reading everything I didn't start cooking dinner until 9... Hats off to you all who are sticking with it, I'm just gonna do exercise on days off

Catherine x

Bostik

Gold Member
That's alright. As long as you're doing what you can :)

Caz

Repeat Offender
S: 20st3.5lb C: 19st13.5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 41.3 Loss: 0st4lb(1.41%)
I agree, just do what you can!

Day Eight - 05/01/2012

Active Challenge : Sit on exercise ball for at least 5-10 minutes 3 times today
I've done it once so far, I'll do it when I'm watching TV later tonight and another time this afternoon.
Exercise Challenge : Spend 5-10 minutes working on your abs
I didn't do this specifically though I did turbo jam, kettle bells and yoga/pilates which all work abs
Flexibility Challenge : 20 minutes of pilates/yoga
Check!
Nutritional Challenge : Eat at least one serving of fruit with every meal
I hate a clementine with breakfast and I'll have an apple with lunch and another clementine with my dinner
Mind/Body Challenge : Two minute meditation
Done, still a struggle and still don't see the point in the ones that are like this!

xsarahx

Gold Member
S: 18st12lb C: 18st5lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 41.5 Loss: 0st7lb(2.65%)
Day 3

Active challenge - park in the furthest spot from the door. : did this earlier, brother was not impressed! Then walked to my mums instead of drive.

Exercise challenge - do ab exercise. Haven't done these but did do 40 mins exercise.

Flexibility challenge - do the yoga stretches shown. I did these but yoga really isn't for me!

Nutrition challenge- eat a meal with no distractions. I did this for lunch but I was just bored. I know it should make me realise when I'm full etc but I do this anyway, even with a distraction.

Mind Challenge - set a worry appointment. Silliest thing ever, and at the moment I have no worries so didn't do this!

Bostik

Gold Member
Okay got really drunk so today's a bit not done lol. Just woke up!

Day Eight - 05/01/12
- Active: Accumulate 15mins of walking up stairs or hill-climbing. - didn't do that but did walk a lot through the day.
- Exercise: Walked into town and back - 60 mins - probably more in between
- Flexibility: Didn't do.
- Nutritional: Eat one serving of fruit with every meal today - I only had lunch today...there was a raspberry in one of my cocktails? lol.
- Mind/Body: Didn't do the Two-Minute Meditation
- Food: I estimated and I might have just stayed in my calories...if no then no big deal :)

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Nine - 06/01/12
- Active: Done 30 crunches.
- Exercise: Done C25k Week 4, Day 3 - was meant to do without music but gym has music and I would have given up without music lol
- Flexibility: Done 5 mins stretching
- Nutritional: Cravings - Just before I was making my lunch, I could smell my gran frying samosas. Really wanted some then but realised it's just cos I was hungry so just made my lunch as planned, ate it and no longer wanted the samosas :)
- Mind/Body: Do nothing for 5 mins - I just fell asleep lol. Think I was still tired!
- C25K was most difficult but it was alright today :) had to drag myself to the gym initially - so didn't wanna go today! But once I was done, I was so glad I went!

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Ten - 07/01/12
- Active: Was meant to set an alarm to go off hourly to stand and stretch or whatever. Didn't really get a chance cos wasn't sitting around much today.
- Exercise: Had a strength training session with my trainer - 30 mins
- Flexibility: Done my own stretches. Not a fan of yoga, I don't think.
- Nutritional: Didn't have any cravings to deal with - not feeling too good so didn't feel like eating.
- Mind/Body: Done the hand massage - didn't really do anything for my hands lol.
- Found training hardest today. Was at half ten this morning and after having hardly any sleep, it was a struggle waking up for it!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Didn't do it yesterday, I forgot! I'll catch up today.

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Eleven - 08/01/12
- Active: There were no escalators or lifts for me to avoid. Only been Asda and peoples houses today lol.
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today.
- Flexibility: Done my own strength stuff - squats, etc.
- Nutritional: Ate a cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch. I only ate half of it before I felt full so left the other half. Couldn't make the meal healthier - had brown bread, had light margerine, low low cheese, don't think they make a lighter pickle lol.
- Mind/Body: Been putting off sorting out my clothes. Done that!
- Didn't find anything difficult today.

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've been doing these but not updating on here, whoops! Will do from today again :)

parfittaroles

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 9st6lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 22 Loss: 2st2lb(18.52%)
I've been doing them but keep forgetting to update!

Day 10
Active Challenge:
I didn't need to set an alarm as I'm up and down all day!

Exercise Challenge:
Done!

Flexibility Challenges:
Did 45 mins of Pilates

Nutritional Challenge:
I gave into my chocolate craving. But made a conscious decision too so it's all ok lol

Mind/Body Challenge:
Hand massage - Haven't done this yet... Can I get my other half to do it for me?! Hehe!

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Twelve - 09/01/12
- Active: Parked further from the gym.
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 5, Day 1
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch workout three times.
- Nutritional: Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to buy something from Asda yesterday! Whoops!
- Mind/Body: Do an activity you enjoy - read after ages :)
- C25K was most challenging. Struggled but got through it :)

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Thirteen - 10/01/12
- Active: 15mins of walking.
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today
- Flexibility: Done my own strength stuff
- Nutritional: Examine your eating habits and diet and determine if there's a new way of eating you can try for one day - hmm I like how I eat. Don't think I could stick to low carb and stuff. Too restricted. And carbs fill me up! I'm glad I am snacking less these days :)
- Mind/Body: 3-Minute Total Relaxation - didnt do
- Nothing was difficult. Thinking of upping my exercise maybe.

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Fourteen - 11/01/12
- Exercise: Was meant to do C25K but was driving to the airport all evening. Definitely tomorrow. Walked half an hour into town.
- Flexibility: Didn't do today.
- Nutritional: Change your eating habits for one day - was in the car a lot driving so foods been a bit all over the place today.
- Mind/Body: Didn't do the meditation

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Fifteen - 12/01/12
- Active: Accumulate 10mins of extra walking - C25K
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 5, Day 2 - can't believe I ran 8 minutes straight...twice!
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch Workout
- Nutritional: Read through the nutritional challenges completed - which was hardest and easiest? - They were all alright really cos I'd changed my eating a lot anyway. Hardest thing was probably thinking of new food to try lol.
- Mind/Body: Reward yourself for getting halfway through - think I reward myself enough lol.
- C25K was hardest today, but wasn't too hard :)

Andrea2012

S: 11st3lb C: 10st11lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 0st6lb(3.82%)
I've just signed in, very interesting the idea!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Sixteen - 13/01/12
- Active: Done my own strength stuff.
- Exercise: No cardio today
- Flexibility: Didn't do.
- Nutritional: Had to measure each food eaten and record cals - I do this every meal anyway!
- Mind/Body: 2-minute relaxation - I slept so much today, I think I got enough relaxation lol.
- Nothing was too difficult today. Just chilled out a bit. Training tomorrow so that'll probably make me ache lol

parfittaroles

Silver Member
S: 11st8lb C: 9st6lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 22 Loss: 2st2lb(18.52%)
Exercise Challenge - was suppose to rest but rested yesterday so went to the gym
Flexibility Challenge - done
Check in with yourself - MFP covers this
Reward yourself - still thinking about this one!
Also done the extra 10 minutes walking required :)

Bostik

Gold Member
Day Seventeen - 14/01/12
- Active: Morning & Evening Yoga workout - didn't do.
- Exercise: 30 min training session - killed!
- Flexibility: Done my owm stretches.
- Nutritional: Reduce your portion sizes for at least one meal - Mine are already mostly tiny cos of whatever is wrong with me so better not lol
- Mind/Body: For 3mins, stretch out on the floor or bed in 'Corpse Pose' - didn't do.
- Didn't sleep at all last night so my training nearly killed me lol. Aching all over!