30 day fitness challenge - who's with me?

Day Seven - 04/01/12
- Active: Took breaks and stretched while I was on my laptop.
- Exercise: Done C25k Week 4, Day 2
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch workout three times.
- Nutritional: Tried grapefruit - not my favourite fruit lol.
- Mind/Body: Write down 5 things you accomplished today and 5 things you'd like to accomplish tomorrow.
Accomplished today - 1) Done C25K week 4, day 2; 2) Stayed within my calories; 3) Cooked another healthy meal; 4) Tried a new fruit (I'm very bad at trying new things!); 5) Didn't get on the scale before weigh in tomorrow.
To-do tomorrow: 1) Weigh in tomorrow and be pleased with whatever the number is if it is a loss; 2) Walk into town and back; 3) Stay in my calories
- Food: Stayed within calories :)
- C25K was hardest today! Even though it was the same as Monday's seemed twice as hard for some reason!

I've given up already, I can't do everything they want me to after a 12 hour shift at work, I got home from work at 8 and after exercises and reading everything I didn't start cooking dinner until 9... Hats off to you all who are sticking with it, I'm just gonna do exercise on days off

Catherine x

That's alright. As long as you're doing what you can :)

I agree, just do what you can!

Day Eight - 05/01/2012

Active Challenge : Sit on exercise ball for at least 5-10 minutes 3 times today
I've done it once so far, I'll do it when I'm watching TV later tonight and another time this afternoon.
Exercise Challenge : Spend 5-10 minutes working on your abs
I didn't do this specifically though I did turbo jam, kettle bells and yoga/pilates which all work abs
Flexibility Challenge : 20 minutes of pilates/yoga
Check!
Nutritional Challenge : Eat at least one serving of fruit with every meal
I hate a clementine with breakfast and I'll have an apple with lunch and another clementine with my dinner
Mind/Body Challenge : Two minute meditation
Done, still a struggle and still don't see the point in the ones that are like this!

Day 3

Active challenge - park in the furthest spot from the door. : did this earlier, brother was not impressed! Then walked to my mums instead of drive.

Exercise challenge - do ab exercise. Haven't done these but did do 40 mins exercise.

Flexibility challenge - do the yoga stretches shown. I did these but yoga really isn't for me!

Nutrition challenge- eat a meal with no distractions. I did this for lunch but I was just bored. I know it should make me realise when I'm full etc but I do this anyway, even with a distraction.

Mind Challenge - set a worry appointment. Silliest thing ever, and at the moment I have no worries so didn't do this!

Okay got really drunk so today's a bit not done lol. Just woke up!

Day Eight - 05/01/12
- Active: Accumulate 15mins of walking up stairs or hill-climbing. - didn't do that but did walk a lot through the day.
- Exercise: Walked into town and back - 60 mins - probably more in between
- Flexibility: Didn't do.
- Nutritional: Eat one serving of fruit with every meal today - I only had lunch today...there was a raspberry in one of my cocktails? lol.
- Mind/Body: Didn't do the Two-Minute Meditation
- Food: I estimated and I might have just stayed in my calories...if no then no big deal :)

Day Nine - 06/01/12
- Active: Done 30 crunches.
- Exercise: Done C25k Week 4, Day 3 - was meant to do without music but gym has music and I would have given up without music lol
- Flexibility: Done 5 mins stretching
- Nutritional: Cravings - Just before I was making my lunch, I could smell my gran frying samosas. Really wanted some then but realised it's just cos I was hungry so just made my lunch as planned, ate it and no longer wanted the samosas :)
- Mind/Body: Do nothing for 5 mins - I just fell asleep lol. Think I was still tired!
- C25K was most difficult but it was alright today :) had to drag myself to the gym initially - so didn't wanna go today! But once I was done, I was so glad I went!

Day Ten - 07/01/12
- Active: Was meant to set an alarm to go off hourly to stand and stretch or whatever. Didn't really get a chance cos wasn't sitting around much today.
- Exercise: Had a strength training session with my trainer - 30 mins
- Flexibility: Done my own stretches. Not a fan of yoga, I don't think.
- Nutritional: Didn't have any cravings to deal with - not feeling too good so didn't feel like eating.
- Mind/Body: Done the hand massage - didn't really do anything for my hands lol.
- Found training hardest today. Was at half ten this morning and after having hardly any sleep, it was a struggle waking up for it!

Didn't do it yesterday, I forgot! I'll catch up today.

Day Eleven - 08/01/12
- Active: There were no escalators or lifts for me to avoid. Only been Asda and peoples houses today lol.
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today.
- Flexibility: Done my own strength stuff - squats, etc.
- Nutritional: Ate a cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch. I only ate half of it before I felt full so left the other half. Couldn't make the meal healthier - had brown bread, had light margerine, low low cheese, don't think they make a lighter pickle lol.
- Mind/Body: Been putting off sorting out my clothes. Done that!
- Didn't find anything difficult today.

I've been doing these but not updating on here, whoops! Will do from today again :)

I've been doing them but keep forgetting to update!

Day 10
Active Challenge:
I didn't need to set an alarm as I'm up and down all day!

Exercise Challenge:
Done!

Flexibility Challenges:
Did 45 mins of Pilates

Nutritional Challenge:
I gave into my chocolate craving. But made a conscious decision too so it's all ok lol

Mind/Body Challenge:
Hand massage - Haven't done this yet... Can I get my other half to do it for me?! Hehe!

Day Twelve - 09/01/12
- Active: Parked further from the gym.
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 5, Day 1
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch workout three times.
- Nutritional: Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to buy something from Asda yesterday! Whoops!
- Mind/Body: Do an activity you enjoy - read after ages :)
- C25K was most challenging. Struggled but got through it :)

Day Thirteen - 10/01/12
- Active: 15mins of walking.
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today
- Flexibility: Done my own strength stuff
- Nutritional: Examine your eating habits and diet and determine if there's a new way of eating you can try for one day - hmm I like how I eat. Don't think I could stick to low carb and stuff. Too restricted. And carbs fill me up! I'm glad I am snacking less these days :)
- Mind/Body: 3-Minute Total Relaxation - didnt do
- Nothing was difficult. Thinking of upping my exercise maybe.

Day Fourteen - 11/01/12
- Exercise: Was meant to do C25K but was driving to the airport all evening. Definitely tomorrow. Walked half an hour into town.
- Flexibility: Didn't do today.
- Nutritional: Change your eating habits for one day - was in the car a lot driving so foods been a bit all over the place today.
- Mind/Body: Didn't do the meditation

Day Fifteen - 12/01/12
- Active: Accumulate 10mins of extra walking - C25K
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 5, Day 2 - can't believe I ran 8 minutes straight...twice!
- Flexibility: Done the Seated Stretch Workout
- Nutritional: Read through the nutritional challenges completed - which was hardest and easiest? - They were all alright really cos I'd changed my eating a lot anyway. Hardest thing was probably thinking of new food to try lol.
- Mind/Body: Reward yourself for getting halfway through - think I reward myself enough lol.
- C25K was hardest today, but wasn't too hard :)

Day Sixteen - 13/01/12
- Active: Done my own strength stuff.
- Exercise: No cardio today
- Flexibility: Didn't do.
- Nutritional: Had to measure each food eaten and record cals - I do this every meal anyway!
- Mind/Body: 2-minute relaxation - I slept so much today, I think I got enough relaxation lol.
- Nothing was too difficult today. Just chilled out a bit. Training tomorrow so that'll probably make me ache lol

Exercise Challenge - was suppose to rest but rested yesterday so went to the gym
Flexibility Challenge - done
Check in with yourself - MFP covers this
Reward yourself - still thinking about this one!
Also done the extra 10 minutes walking required :)

Day Seventeen - 14/01/12
- Active: Morning & Evening Yoga workout - didn't do.
- Exercise: 30 min training session - killed!
- Flexibility: Done my owm stretches.
- Nutritional: Reduce your portion sizes for at least one meal - Mine are already mostly tiny cos of whatever is wrong with me so better not lol
- Mind/Body: For 3mins, stretch out on the floor or bed in 'Corpse Pose' - didn't do.
- Didn't sleep at all last night so my training nearly killed me lol. Aching all over!

Back