30 day fitness challenge - who's with me?

Day 16 - been a bit slack!
Done half of the exercises & 10 mins of the flexibility, but couldn't bring myself to do 30 mins of it! I'll do some yoga on the wiifit later to make up for it.
I have done the neck relaxation stretches but don't bother with the journal!

That's good. I think it's just useful cos it reminds you to do stuff. I don't do much of the yoga stuff really. Not too keen on it. Can definitely see from this that I can do more exercise though :)

Day Eighteen - 15/01/12
- Active: Set alarm to go off every hour. Take 2mins to stand and stretch.
- Exercise: No cardio today - training yesterday
- Flexibility: Did my stretches.
- Nutritional: For one meal or snack, take your time by chewing each bite slowly and putting your fork down between each bite - I already eat really slow these days
- Mind/Body: Didn't do.
- Food: Stayed within calories :)
- Just resting today so nothing too difficult.

Today's challenges!

Active Challenge - forgot to do my morning exercise but will do it before bed

Exercise Challenge - did 30 mins on the cross trainer & 20 on the treadmill

Flexibility Challenge - I don't have a gym ball so couldn't do them.

Nutrition Challenge - Reduce your portion sizes for at least one meal... I'm rather greedy so small portions don't suit me! I eat healthily tho and my net calories were 1210 so I'm not concerned about that!

Mind/Body Challenge - 'Corpse Pose' - oddly I quite liked this, it made me feel really relaxed!

Day Nineteen - 16/01/12
- Active: Set alarm to go off every 30 mins. Take 1min to stand and stretch your entire body.
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 5, Day 3
- Flexibility: Not doing the yoga stretches
- Nutritional: Think of one person you know who eats a healthy diet and ask them - What's the most important thing you do each day to stay on track with your eating? - forgot!
- Mind/Body: One-Minute Vacation - didn't do
- I really had to motivate myself to do C25K today! Was so glad I did! Ran 20 mins!

Day Twenty - 17/01/12
- Active: Avoid all escalators, elevators, moving walkways, etc. all day - didn't go anywhere they needed avoiding
- Exercise: Not doing cardio today
- Flexibility: Didn't do the yoga
- Nutritional: For each meal today, eat the healthiest, most nutrient-dense foods first - i tend to do that anyway. Eat veggies first. Otherwise I get full quick and wont eat the veg if I leave it til last
- Mind/Body: Spend at least two mins belly-breathing - didn't really see the point in it
- Nothing challenging today :)

Day Twenty-One - 18/01/12
Active: Didn't do cos no exercise ball.
Exercise: Done C25K Week 6, Day 1
Flexibility: Stretched after C25K.
- Nutritional: Junk food makeover. Choose at least one of your favorite junk foods and find a healthier substitute that still leaves you satisfied - think I've already done this. Since eating healthy I don't like pizza and stuff much anymore. Just the odd occaison now. But if I get a take out, I normally get summat grilled like chicken tikka or shish kebab. Tastes yum and fills me up :)
Mind/Body: Choose one chore you've been putting off and spend 5-10 minutes doing it - Sort out the meals and shopping list for next week!
- Motivating myself to do c25k was a challenge today

Day Nineteen (yesterday)
- Active: Set alarm to go off every 30 mins. Take 1min to stand and stretch your entire body. Didn't really remember to do this!
- Exercise: Did 45 mins in the gym
- Flexibility: Did an hour dance class which does Pilates Stretches for the last 20 mins
- Nutritional: Think of one person you know who eats a healthy diet for advice: couldn't think of any one!
- Mind/Body: One-Minute Vacation - didn't do
- food: went over. Oops!
Notes: a tough day :(

Did you guys get sent yours for today? I haven't! And I can't access it by changing the number in the link either. Would be day 22 for me :s

Thanks! When I tried to do it it didn't work :s

Day Twenty
Active: Avoid all escalators, elevators, moving walkways, etc. all day - i've only been to the gym & the hairdressers so this was easy!
Exercise: 45mins in the gym
Flexibility: Hate this yoga stuff!!
Nutritional: For each meal today, eat the healthiest, most nutrient-dense foods first - always do!
Mind/Body: Spend at least two mins belly-breathing - i liked doing this, it was very relaxing!
Food: Stayed within calories :)

Day Twenty-Two - 19/01/12
- Active: Accumulate at least 20 extra minutes of walking today - walked into town - 30 mins
- Exercise: Not doing today
- Flexibility: Done my own squats and stuff
- Nutritional: Eat at least one serving of veggies with every meal - salad in my subway for lunch, salad with my chicken at dinner
- Mind/Body: Choose three strength training exercises and perform them with very slow, controlled movements, concentrating on the muscles you're working.
- Nothing difficult today

Day Twenty-Three - 20/01/12
- Active: Do the Morning & Evening Yoga workout when you get up and before you go to bed - didn't do
- Exercise: Done C25K Week 6, Day 2
- Flexibility: Stretched after C25K
- Nutritional: Had to eat putting fork down between each forkful and only getting the next once you've swallowed it.
- Mind/Body: Meant to go bed 10 mins early tonight but haven't slept properly in over a week now so no luck with that one!
- C25K was a real struggle today!

Day Twenty-One
Active: Don't have an exercise ball.
Exercise: 45mins of Zumba
Flexibility: 10 mins of stretching after Zumba
Nutritional: Junk food makeover. I rarely eat junk food
Mind/Body: Choose one chore you've been putting off and spend 5-10 minutes doing it - visited someone I've been meaning to see for ages
Food: Went over calorie allowance a little bit. Oops

Day Twenty-Four - 21/01/12
- Active: Set an alarm to go off every hour. Take at least three minutes to stand up and stretch - didn't do
- Exercise: Training session - 30 mins
- Flexibility: Stretched after training
- Nutritional: Eat at least one serving of fruit with every meal and snack today - made a raspberry dessert today :)
- Mind/Body Challenge: Three-minute meditation. - didn't do
- Nothing too challennging today.

Day 22
Active: Accumulate at least 20 extra minutes of walking today - done
Exercise: 1 hour in the gym
Flexibility: Done my own
Nutritional: Eat at least one serving of veggies with every meal - i try to do this anyway.
Mind/Body: Choose three strength training exercises and perform them with very slow, controlled movements, concentrating on the muscles you're working - completely forgot!
Food: easy :)

Day Twenty-Three -
Active: Kind of did it but my own version
Exercise: day off
Flexibility: none
Nutritional: Had to eat putting fork down between each forkful and only getting the next once you've swallowed it. Did this at least!
Mind/Body: will definitely go to bed earlier tonight
Food: went for a three course meal so didn't stay within calories. Whoops!

Day Twenty-Five - 22/01/12
- Active: Accumulate at least 15 minutes of standing
- Exercise: Kettleworx Cardio Week 1
- Flexibility: Done stretches
- Nutritional: Used a bowl instead of a plate for lunch today. Didn't seem to make a difference.
- Mind/Body: Afternoon slump buster. Had to choose an activity to do when feeling picky in the afternoon. Woke up and had lunch late so didn't feel hungry between lunch and dinner today, but usually I drink a cup of tea if I am feeling hungry.
- Kettleworx was the hardest today - harder than I thought it would be lol.

Day Twenty-Four
Active: Set an alarm to go off every hour. Take at least three minutes to stand up and stretch - didn't think my lecturers would appreciate an alarm going off every hour! But I did go for a walk every break time
Exercise: 1 hour circuit training
Flexibility: Stretched after training
Nutritional: Eat at least one serving of fruit with every meal and snack today - done.
Mind/Body Challenge: Three-minute meditation - done but I was easily distracted!
Food: Been good :)

Day Twenty-Six - 23/01/12
- Active: Accumulate 10 mins walking - C25K
- Exercise: Was meant to do C25k but just wasn't into it. Done 5 min warm up walk and about 3 mins running. Then went on a bike for 25 mins.
- Flexibility: Didn't do
- Nutritional: For lunch I made a taco salad. As healthy as I could (used quorn mince, reduced fat sour cream and low low cheese). Was big for very little calories. Didn't even finish half.
- Mind/Body: 5-minute vacation - spent time cooking. Love cooking now :)
- Running was most challenging today. Just proper wasn't into it

Day 25
Active: Accumulate at least 15 minutes of standing - done
Exercise: Decided to have a day off as I've exercised 5 days in a row
Flexibility: Done
Nutritional: Used a smaller dinner plate today but didn't find it any difference!
Mind/Body: Didn't do
Food: Stayed within calories :)

Back