30 day Shred

Level 1 for fun! I look forward to the day I find it "fun". Just done day 2. Cardio fine but my strength is abysmal. 28 days to go!!!

I mean fun in comparison to level 2 haha strength is horrible i hate those side lunges seem to go on so much longer than the others :(

Now I love the strength and hate the cardio! Horses for courses?

today is dooms day, moving up to level 2, if i don't post later then you probably can guess whats happened to me lol :)

Ive just done level 1 and 2 but i have no plans today since the bf is away and im off work so i might do them again later lol, that will be 800 calories burnt so i can probs have something a bit nicer to eat :D

Yes, those side lunges are painful. Then again, it's day 3 and everything hurts now! Couldn't even contemplate doing levels 1&2 together and going back for more later!

For now I just keep concentrating on Jillian and her girls and their super toned bods and battle on through. Think it will be a while before I see an ab through the flab tho!

Have been looking at excerpts from her new DVD "shredded in 30" on YouTube. Looks like a killer but it's in the plans if "30 day shred" doesn't kill me first!

Cat, day 3 is the worst, when you ache all over and really don't feel like you can do it. Day 4 onwards gets easier ... I've just done day 9 and I feel fine afterwards, if anything I need a little more! Looking forward to level 2 on Tuesday.

Good luck and keep at it!

Oh thank god! I've seriously been sitting here (after a very difficult hobble up the stairs) wondering would I literally be this sore for 30 days or would my body soon start to forgive me and ease off on the stiffness! The ironic thing is that it's my legs that are the most painful and I always thought they were my strongest, most toned bit. Sure they took me around a marathon only a few months ago. Looks like they've forgotten all about that adventure!

Roll on day 4 - even tho it hurts, i have to say I do quite enjoy it!

Oh my i start it tommorow! After all the good reviews about it....apart from the pain :p but im going to give it a whirl! X hoping its easy it to follow and do able in a very limited space! X

Just stick with it, its hard but its nowhere near as long as other dvds which is a huge plus. I kinda remember the moves now so i put the tv on at the same time and it distracts me from the pain.

Whilst i have noticed that i can do the exercises for longer and have better stamina, i cant really see changes in my body. I particularly want to tone my arms so might buy heavier weights :)

Did level 1 twice instead of doing level 2 cos i really hate it!

i've just finished 10 days on level 1 and measured and weighed my self... lost 5 pounds and 6.5 inches! xx

Stephy ... I'm about 30 mins behind you! I'm really looking forward to level 2 as I can do this one reasonably easily now. I may regret saying that tomorrow cf70!
Cat ... how are you getting on??

Just done day 1 she sure knows how to make sure u burn haha, off for a hot bath cos i think im gonna need it day 1 down....x

i've just finished 10 days on level 1 and measured and weighed my self... lost 5 pounds and 6.5 inches! xx

That's amazing! I havent really noticed any changes :(

I'm about to do Level 2 Day 9 - still can't do it easily so might do 15 days rather than 10 before starting level 3.

Wow Stephy that is amazing! You must be delighted.

I'll be getting stuck into Level 1 Day 4 tonight so fingers crossed for that! Some bits of it are def getting more manageable but some still hurt like hell. I suppose that's the idea though! As she says, if you're only going to work out for 20 minutes you have to make it count!

Will get weighed tomorrow in WW so hopefully it's helped shift a few lbs. Will get the measuring tape out again next week when I've done day 10.

Phunkie, you were so right. I feel so much better today than I did yesterday. The stiffness has finally begun to subside. I honestly could hardly make it up the stairs last night!

Laura, good luck with it! A friend in Canada is just about to finish and she says she's amazed by the results so I'm keeping that in mind when i think I can't do any more!

CF - good luck with the last of level 2! You never know - you might be full of boundless energy after finishing day 10 and raring to go with level 3!

Keep up the good work ladies!
C x

I've just done day 5 level 1 and things are definitely improving! I can make it all the way through the cardio without pausing. Still sweating buckets but my lungs don't feel as if they are going to burst! Also going deeper into the squats and lunges.
I go on Fitnesspal to track my exercise and someone recommended doing it without trainers if you're on carpet, and it definitely helps. Your feet don't stick or drag on the floor.

Last edited:
judimac said:
I go on Fitnesspal to track my exercise and someone recommended doing it without trainers if you're on carpet, and it definitely helps. Your feet don't stick or drag on the floor.

I use the fitness pal app to track my calories and exercise but what do you class the 30 day shred as? Ive been calling it circuit training but I dunno if im being too generous with it.

I use the fitness pal app to track my calories and exercise but what do you class the 30 day shred as? Ive been calling it circuit training but I dunno if im being too generous with it.

I enter it as circuit training, but only because it's more cals than high impact aerobics :p

Just done level 2 sort of day 2 because have stopped and started with one thing and another. Have taken measurements so hopefully that will help - it's definitely a habit thing. Still hate plank jumps!!

Aww level 2 day 9 done..and a level 1 just because I don;t really seem to be having results just doing one level a day :(

im going to take measurments now that im doing this though

Under Bust- 30
Waist - 29
Hips - 41 :(
Arm - 11
Thigh - 21

Back