30 day Shred

Cf70 - my measurements are similar
Hips 42 :(
Thigh 20
Waist 33 (3 kids used to be 26!!!)
Under bust 31
Arm 11.5

Decided as scales not budging much will look at inches so here's hoping else clearly I'm going to remain podgy!! Couldn't do 2 x 20 mins though! Going on the treadmill in the morning.

Oh god - that Jillian one nearly killed me tonight. Then again I also went for a 25 minute run and an hour long yoga class so was wrecked even before I started! Can you guess I have a weigh in tomorrow?

Sideways lunges still killing me but def getting deeper into them and the squats.

I'm off for a puke. Will check in again tomorrow x

Day 1, Level 2 just done ... I was really worried but managed to get through most of it. Did the easy plank stuff though!

Wow, sounds like everyone is doing really well :)

Cat, you're really getting into it and I wish I had the motivation you've got CF701! I was at my grandparents on Sunday, left early and got back late so had a day off. Also had lots of naughty tea food too. Was relived that I didn't gain yesterday, and actually managed to lose 1lb. A little bit gutted about that cos apart from Sunday I'd really stuck to SW and been doing the DVD everyday.

Did it last night and gonna do it again tonight but it always knackers me and I still find those V raise with the seat squat thing sooooo hard!! Just can't do them all. They are a killer!

Gotta keep ploughing on though, it'll be day 7 of level 2 today. Cos I didn't find level 1 too bad I'm doing 15 days of level 2 and 15 days of level 3. Just hope I can stick to it. It is a bit dull but at least it's quick but so hard!!

I wish I didn't find level one hard. Every day, just as I think I'm finding one bit easier, another bit kills me! Tho in fairness, those side lunges always hurt!
Dreading level 2 but I have 6 days of level 1 left so no point worrying till i get this chunk finished!

I HATE level 2 haha so instead I did level 1 with heavier weights. I think its because I had a really weak chest after my surgery and there is so much floor work in level 2.

Phunkie - you must be so fit! I find the plank parts the hardest!

Boop- da-loop - me too, went to gym before work so was at gym 06.30, 20 mins cross trainer, 100 crunches - so long day! Plus giving up alcohol for lent so need to finish wine!!!!

Phunkie - you must be so fit! I find the plank parts the hardest!

I just re-read my post .. I mean I did the easy version of the planks, not the real plank star jumpy things ...:eek:

Plank star jumpy things? Oh god I'm scared! Level 1 Day 5 just done along with my hour long boxing class so i'm knackered. Desperately need a shower too!

Keep it up everyone! That tall skinny Anita bird has become my thinspiration.

Question?

Hi all

Well done on all the exercise :)

I would love to buy this DVD, but I have a lot of bother with my knees and was wandering if anyone could tell me how hard it will be on them? I am working on strengthing them at the moment and don't want to aggravate them.

Hi all

Well done on all the exercise :)

I would love to buy this DVD, but I have a lot of bother with my knees and was wandering if anyone could tell me how hard it will be on them? I am working on strengthing them at the moment and don't want to aggravate them.

I'd say it depends on how bad your knees are really. I have dodgy knees myself (just weak really) and a dodgy shoulder (torn tendon) and to be honest, the Shred hasn't made them any worse at all, if anything it's strengthened them and both knees and shoulder are definitely better than they were :)

Most of the moves have a harder and an easier version, so you could stick with the easier versions the whole time if you wanted to, so as not to make your knees worse.

HTH :)

I'd go with it! My knees aren't the best but I can manage the modified squats and lunges. I do it every other day,,,,ish!

Hiya Islemissy,

I've had problems with my knees in the past and they're fine on this - but I suppose it depends on the knees and their problems.

I'd say if you can pick it up cheaply it's def worth a go. I've just finished day 6 and i actually think it's working, as in, i'm getting stronger and can managed things I couldn't on day 1.

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Day 2, level 2 done - I'm not sure I will ever be able to do this one all the way through!! Still, I have lots of energy throughout the day if I get this done in the morning.
Glad you're feeling stronger Cat :) did you take any measurements at the beginning?

Hi Siruskey, you need 2 slb (1kg) weights. I used 1 litre bottles of water to begin with :) Also enough floor space to do jumping jacks and to be able to lay down with your arms outstretched.
Hope you enjoy the DVD!!

Jumping jacks you say :eek:? Do thet not require coordination :whistle:

:rolleyes: Yeah ... but no-one can tell if you do them upside down and back to front!

Day 3 level 2 done and I feel shredded!

I found that as far as the scales were concerned exercising made no change to the scales, but wow after 6 weeks of exercising 3 times a week and once at the weekend I can certainly feel the toning and love it, when you feel like not going just think of the benifits and keep working through the tiredness

Glad you're feeling stronger Cat :) did you take any measurements at the beginning?

Oh indeed I did. I have them on a post-it, stuck to my calendar which I take great pleasure drawing a line through each day. I think I'll take them again once I finish level one and again after levels 2 and 3. I just hope i see a little shrinkage, or should I say shreddage!

Craig, best of luck with it! You might want to experiment with weights etc as some guys find the 2/3lb ones too light. I just wish I felt the same! Day 7 tonight and I still hurt - in new places every day!

Well done everyone - keep it up. Jillian would be so proud of us for not phoning it in! xx

Back