30 day Shred

Aye, give it a go :)
Its difficult to gage these things without trying them :)

Well done AJB!!

Do I have to be able to do full press ups before I move up - because if so I may never move up lol... I do all of them as half press ups... the only thing I cant do all of is bicycle crunches :(

Just done day 4 of the shred! I am really impressed that I got up and did it... probably just do in a morning on WI day coz feeling fairly gross! :) might even order some of her other dvds - I have 3 "saved for later" on amazon for pay day :) xx

day 1 of level 2 yesterday *_*
a LOT more plank work 'owch'
i don't think you lose tonnes of weight on the shred but you build strenght and fitness; for instance i have lost 3.5" around my waist and 2.5" around my hips in 2 weeks but only 2lbs in weight ?!?!

i think if i put in a half hour running at another point in the day, or a bit more cardio i would probably see more weight loss from that.

Hi Everyone, I've just re-started the shred I was supposed to get up early this morning & do day 2 but I just couldn't get myself out of bed in time...any ideas??

Do it today anyway! Plenty of time to finish your day 2!
Good luck x

Well day 2 30ds done and dusted.
Im not as sore today as i was the 1st time around but i put that down to being fitter and a couple of stone lighter and the hill walking that i do.I hope i havnt spoke too soon though and am aching tomorrow.

Keep it up everyone

Do I have to be able to do full press ups before I move up - because if so I may never move up lol... I do all of them as half press ups... the only thing I cant do all of is bicycle crunches :(
I moved up to level 2, and only did the half press ups.
I too found the bicycle crunches very difficult. I only moved up when I could do them for the full allotted time that she does them for, hence taking 16 days to get there :)

day 1 of level 2 yesterday *_*
a LOT more plank work 'owch'
i don't think you lose tonnes of weight on the shred but you build strenght and fitness; for instance i have lost 3.5" around my waist and 2.5" around my hips in 2 weeks but only 2lbs in weight ?!?!

I totally agree with the increase in fitness level that I feel from doing this, and about the owchness of all the plank work of level 2 :p

I'm sure that I'm not mentally stable but as I had the day off of work I did Level 2 straight after Level 1 OMG I've never sweat so much in my life! It felt great though so come tomorrow its Level 2 - yay!

Last edited:
U are mental! Lol! We all are!!!

I will go for full bicycle then :) thanks xx

Yep definitely think I've lost my mind! Trying to see sense and not go spinning tonight - all I keep thinking is that I have to get up and do the shred before working a 12hr shift tomorrow - so my alarm is set for 430am! Eeek!

Hello, mind if I join in? I've just collapsed on the sofa after doing day 1 level 1. I didn't realise how shockingly unfit I am!! The cardio bit is not so bad it's the rest of it. My handweights are a bit too heavy i think.... What does everyone else use mine are 5kgs each.

My legs are aching already, I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it tomorrow, but I will do it because I really need to lose inches!!

I've measured and taken photos to track my progress, weightloss will be hard to judge though as I'm doing Cambridge.

I'm sure that I'm not mentally stable but as I had the day off of work I did Level 2 straight after Level 1 OMG I've never sweat so much in my life! It felt great though so come tomorrow its Level 2 - yay!

OMG :worthy:
Well done :D

Yep definitely think I've lost my mind! Trying to see sense and not go spinning tonight - all I keep thinking is that I have to get up and do the shred before working a 12hr shift tomorrow - so my alarm is set for 430am! Eeek!

Now THATS dedication :worthy:

My handweights are a bit too heavy i think.... What does everyone else use mine are 5kgs each.
I started with 1kg's, then moved onto 1.5kg, for level 1.
When I moved up to level 2, I went back to the 1kg's...although there are bits of level 2, that I have do without weights :eek:

Hello
5kgs is a lot of weight. That's 11lbs in each hand or more than 10 tins of beans! If you can manage it, fine. If not, why don't you try 3kgs?

Surfhunny said:
Hello, mind if I join in? I've just collapsed on the sofa after doing day 1 level 1. I didn't realise how shockingly unfit I am!! The cardio bit is not so bad it's the rest of it. My handweights are a bit too heavy i think.... What does everyone else use mine are 5kgs each.

My legs are aching already, I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it tomorrow, but I will do it because I really need to lose inches!!

I've measured and taken photos to track my progress, weightloss will be hard to judge though as I'm doing Cambridge.

5kgs is heavy!!

I use 1.5-3kgs depending on the exercise.

Try lighter - if it's too tough you will be less likely to stick with it and you risk injury. xx

CarlyLanky140 said:
Well done AJB!!

Just done day 4 of the shred! I am really impressed that I got up and did it... probably just do in a morning on WI day coz feeling fairly gross! :) might even order some of her other dvds - I have 3 "saved for later" on amazon for pay day :) xx

I can't do full press ups either. But have progressed to level 2 and will try level 3 soon.

My plan is to complete the 30 days then go back to level 1 doing more advanced moves, heavier weights and deeper lunges!! xx

Thanks girls, I managed it right up to the last set of side lunges where I had to put them down and do it without, I'll see how I get on tomorrow, I might have to buy some lighter ones. I also found the last lot of abs really hard, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's nice to feel it working!! :D

5kgs is mammoth! I'm impressed!! Xx

Thanks girls, I managed it right up to the last set of side lunges where I had to put them down and do it without, I'll see how I get on tomorrow, I might have to buy some lighter ones. I also found the last lot of abs really hard, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's nice to feel it working!! :D

The last set of abs do kill... but it will get easier. :)

notsoskinnymarge said:
The last set of abs do kill... but it will get easier. :)

Phew I was huffing and puffing lol, I think the other ab sets had lulled me into a false sense of security then she hits me with that last set, ouch.

Back