30 day Shred

30DS made me cry today :cry: I'm so frustrated, day 6 was just as hard as day 5!! I can't see me ever moving up to level 2. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me being feeble?

I'm definitely going to go and buy the lighter weights tomorrow, I think it's probably better to use lighter weights and do the whole thing properly than keep going with these ones and keep having to drop my arms! There's no way I'll be able to do level 2 with the weights I've got.

I was on the verge of giving up but I won't, I'm not a quitter!! I just wonder if it's really working or if I'm just too fat for it to work??

If I'm honest hun u feel the same! I struggle to do all the cardio and the bicycle but I can do the rest... I'm just gonna keep fighting on coz it doesn't matter when we move up we are doing exercise and burning fat :) xx

That's a relief Carly!! I struggle with the side lunges and bicycle, cardio is okay, I guess we each have our weak points. I'm going to buy lighter weights and see how I get on with them. I'll keep going :)

Good luck xx

What is everyone planning to do when you have finished the Shred? Repeat with higher weights or move on to another DVD? xx

I thought I would start at the begining again, and try with higher weights :)

I was thinking of alternating the shred with her other DVDs... Xx

I fancy doing this too... just to keep it mixed up a wee bit :D

30DS made me cry today :cry: I'm so frustrated, day 6 was just as hard as day 5!! I can't see me ever moving up to level 2. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me being feeble?

I'm definitely going to go and buy the lighter weights tomorrow, I think it's probably better to use lighter weights and do the whole thing properly than keep going with these ones and keep having to drop my arms! There's no way I'll be able to do level 2 with the weights I've got.

I was on the verge of giving up but I won't, I'm not a quitter!! I just wonder if it's really working or if I'm just too fat for it to work??

I am heavier than you Surfhunny, so I dont think you are too fat to do it :)
I also really struggled on the bicycle crunches. The side lunges were hard too.
But I did get there.
I deffo think your weights are too heavy.
I only used 1kg then 1.5kg.
And it took me 16 days to move to level 2.
I am like you, in that I wont quit, as I have said I will do the whole 30 days. I dont expect that I will be on level 3 by then, but I will get there in the end :)

That's a relief Carly!! I struggle with the side lunges and bicycle, cardio is okay, I guess we each have our weak points. I'm going to buy lighter weights and see how I get on with them. I'll keep going :)

I only use 1kg weights - I'd prefer to do the moves properly than go too heavy and then not make it all the way through without stopping :) there's no shame in being a light weight :D

Last edited:
:) I think I might buy heavier weights once I complete the first 30 :) xx

I struggle with the side lunges and bicycle, cardio is okay, I guess we each have our weak points. I'm going to buy lighter weights and see how I get on with them. I'll keep going :)

Hey surfhunny,i too struggle with the side lunges with the arm raises i always feel like im not doing them right.But it does get easier hun so please stick with it.
I was able to do 217....(those extra 17 are very important you know..lol) sit ups today after i finished the 30ds,i am defo getting fitter and stronger as i go on.So please stick with it ok,just get lighter weights and you will feel a difference.I use 2 1/2lb weights and soe wrist weights too.

Good luck you can do this

Also day 7 done and dusted :)

Day 24 done... 8 of those on Level 2.
I used 1.5kg weights today, instead of 1kg, except for the V-Fly thing.. I have only just started using weights for that move, so no way could I do the heavier one on that yet :)

Well done :)

I did day 9 of level 1 despite every fibre of my being telling me not to lol... :) xx

Well done :)

I did day 9 of level 1 despite every fibre of my being telling me not to lol... :) xx

I think every fibre of me and you were telling me not as well ;)
So glad it has been done now though :D

:D we are fab! X

Day 7 for me today, picking up some smaller weights on the way home from work, so I'll be using them tonight!! Let you know how I get on. x

Where are u getting ur weights? I will get some sometime too I think!

Hun - u are not a failure! Just try it again and hopefully everytime u try u will get a little further :) xx

Just getting these ones from Argos. They're 1.1kg each.

Attachments

• image-2923413121.png
    image-2923413121.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 46
LittleMissPeacock said:
Feel like such a failure. Gave up half way through the first section of strength on day 1. Pathetic

Really don't feel like a failure it's bloody hard, for the first few days I had to keep stopping for rests. It's only now after a week I can do it all the way through but I still struggle.

Back