30 day Shred

Wow I have only been away for a couple of days and I have had to go through about 8 pages! It's nice to see this thread being so popular. Carly well done on the Race For Life, I hope to do that one day, maybe next year, God willing. Surfhunny thank you for sharing pics, and just so you know, in case you were not convinced, there is definitely a difference. Well done. As for the Newbies, welcome and have fun and the 30 day shred really does work. You may not lose a lot of weight initially but your stamina will improve greatly and you will definitely see a difference in your body shape. Right I'm off to shred, make up for the past 2 days I wasn't able to. xx

A bit late in the night but there's my day 4 level 2 done :D. Yeah and I am sweating like crazy.

Well done :) x

Maggie_Sak said:
A bit late in the night but there's my day 4 level 2 done :D. Yeah and I am sweating like crazy.

Well done Maggie for doing it at this time of night and not letting it slide for today!! :D

Should I break it to you about Level 3 jumping jacks?

It's nothing I haven't mentioned before...you do 30 seconds. With weights. I still have the bruises on my saddle bags where I forgot not to let my hands slap down ;)

Wow that sounds scary!! Jumping jacks with wait!!!! AnywAy i need your help guys! I need to look good for 2 weeks time and I thought by doing this shred a little difference will show! But I didnt do the shred yesterday and today! I'm so pi**ed of at myself n I hAte me n my fat body!!! 2 stones seemed so far away not 2.5 stones is worse!! :(

Thanks guys and this time I really did try and stick with Natalie. I still struggle with the pendulums coz I worry that I am going over the foot with my knee. So sticking with Anita on this one until hopefully day 7 :D. Goodnight guys.

Naz do try even for just 10 mins. Just say to yourself I am gonna do it for 10 mins only and before you know it, you will be doing the whole level. Just think about how nice you going to look and feel in two weeks time. Go on girl, you can do it coz you are strong. Good luck. xx

Surfhunny ... what a difference on your pics :D
I bet your well chuffed at that :D

I can definately see a difference in my arms :D
I didn't shred today, but will be back at it tomorrow.
I will have to do every day now on level 3, until the end of the month, as I had today off.
Bring it on... 30 days on level 3 for July :banana dancer: :D

Hi Louisa_Jane - don't worry - this thread is now so long it's impossible to find answers to questions - does anyone know how we get a sub-forum made for the shred so it is easier for people to use?

Weights:

Start with a 3lb weight (the recommended start weight by JM) - a lot of people have these from doing Davina. Ideally you want ones with a barbel style (ie a narrower handle than the outside bits) as in level three you need to place them on the floor whilst resting on top of them.

Naz - I was so rubbish at this during level 1 it was untrue, but everyone noticed I was doing it within about 6 days - it really does 'shred' you!

Woo! Did Level 2 day 2 today. I pushed myself more today and I was able to do a bit more than yesterday. Sweating more too. I still found I had to rest sometimes during the planks. My arms have always been very weak and although I'm obviously keen to improve them I don't like straining them. By the time I get to the last planks they are really hurting and can't do anything. Not a good way to burn calories. Still, I am going to keep at it.

With regards to weights, I don't have weights. I started off just using books. At the moment I'm using 500g jars and I intend to gradually work my way up in weights. I don't see any point in over straining my arms.

I think we could do with a FAQ Sticky so people don't have to try and trawl through thread to find answers, I'll PM Pierce and see if we can get one set up!

i cheated today and weighed myself when i said i wouldnt. ive lost 2lbs this week. ive broken the barrier of 12 stone 7 since january :)

Yay Kirsty and CrazyCatLady :) keep shredding everyone! Xx

Start the shred tonight and DH says he will do it with me (wonder how long that will last....ha, ha!).

I'll pop on tomorrow and let you know how I fared - if my fingers aren't hurting too much that is ;)

Hiya everyone I asked Pierce if we could get a FAQ section on here and this was the reply:

Pierce said:
I can give you two options.

A) Somebody starts a new FAQ thread for Shred or...

B) If you think its popular enough to have its own forum, that would allow everybody to have their own individual threads. That can be done too.

Pierce

Let me know what you think so we can sort it out. Xxx

Hey girls........Im done!!!
Soooo Im having a little break and using the exercises I have learnt to do when I can, but just want to see if my weight loss speeds up with out the shred as I have only lost 7lbs in a month doing WW too, and no noticable inch loss, just big thighs and arms!!!!
When I get more to goal Ill defo be back to be shredded, and will lurk about here keeping motivated....bet Ill be back soon though, cos actually......I LOVED it!

Hiya everyone I asked Pierce if we could get a FAQ section on here and this was the reply:

Let me know what you think so we can sort it out. Xxx

I think we should just start a whole thread.

Back