30 day Shred

Day 5 of level 1, took all my strength to do this today due to massive hangover , so pleased I have though :) x

Fionat29 said:
It's nasty with a hangover! Been there, done that! Lol.

Lol its not the best is it , its done now though n it seemed to go really quick xx

Keeleyd, the 30 day shred thread you're looking for is here :)

:sigh:

pulled a back muscle on friday during warm up me thinks....

rested all weekend and got up yesterday morning and thought that i would try the shred and maybe it would loosen my back....BIG MISTAKE... i ended up crying, like a baby...the pain was awful..had to phone docs and get a load of painkillers.

laid up all day on the sofa and wasn't able to move at all. still sore today but not as bad as yesterday. can't function normally though and i am really pissed off.

i was only on day 5 and don't know how i managed to pull the muscle but it will be a while now before i am able to do anything. i'm just not destined to lose this weight..:wave_cry:

marylou said:
:sigh:

pulled a back muscle on friday during warm up me thinks....

rested all weekend and got up yesterday morning and thought that i would try the shred and maybe it would loosen my back....BIG MISTAKE... i ended up crying, like a baby...the pain was awful..had to phone docs and get a load of painkillers.

laid up all day on the sofa and wasn't able to move at all. still sore today but not as bad as yesterday. can't function normally though and i am really pissed off.

i was only on day 5 and don't know how i managed to pull the muscle but it will be a while now before i am able to do anything. i'm just not destined to lose this weight..:wave_cry:

Aww no , that's sounds very painful :( . Hope you feel better soon , maybe start back with some swimming to get back into it ?? Hugs :) xx

Hey ladies,

Mind if I join you? I have just completed day 2 of the 30 day shred (Level 1) and I found it an utter nightmare! I must have stopped at least 10 times. I hate the cardio section, the thigh lunges (with the weights) and the stomach bicycle excercise just before the end.

Please tell me that it will get easier?

Also, am I meant to move up the levels?

Also, I'm doing all the modified version of the excercises.

wish I could tell you it gets better! Level 1 gets easier but then its time to level up! I am day 4 of Level 2 and just getting into the swing of it, I have read others say that Level 3 is easier than Level 2!!

SurreySuperTrooper said:
Hey ladies,

Mind if I join you? I have just completed day 2 of the 30 day shred (Level 1) and I found it an utter nightmare! I must have stopped at least 10 times. I hate the cardio section, the thigh lunges (with the weights) and the stomach bicycle excercise just before the end.

Please tell me that it will get easier?

Also, am I meant to move up the levels?

Also, I'm doing all the modified version of the excercises.

Ha, Super Trooper, you're welcome to the Shred Thread! Yup, the Shred is very challenging and I think most of us get a real shock the first time on level 1.
The body really does adapt though. I started out only being able to do a few jumping jacks and resenting when Jillian said something along the lines of '300lb people can do jumping jacks -and so can you'! Now I can do most of them, and even doing something close to a modified press-up!
I do the modified version all the time so far.
With regard to how soon to move up a level, it is designed for 10 days on each level then move up but you can go faster or slower.

Stick with it, you've dine the hardest part which is getting started!

Thanks for the reply ladies. I can feel my legs & bum aching but it is a nice feeling.

Glad that I'm not the only one doing the modified version. I think that I will try and stick at it and move up levels after 10 days.

tras said:
Oh dear. Have really fallen off the wagon. It's been a week. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Come on Tras! :)

Level 1 Shred today. My form's a bit better (methinks!)

Level 1, day 3 shred - done :D

I'm still using light weights though and stopping quite a bit during the cardio sections. Never thought jumpinbg jack & skipping were such hard work!

Day 7 level 1 for me today, yesterday was the first time I completed it without stopping , very difficult , aching all over this morning x

So today, i was like ive done 5 days of level one..im bored..lets try level two for day 6....OMG WHAT WAS I THINKING! When she is telling you she wants you to feel like you are going to die..I do..she is trying to kill me. Back to level 1 for a bit i think!!!!

Missed today as just haven't had time.....feel so naughty! Back on it tomorrow for day 5.... And I am going to do it for the next ten days straight- the DVD is even coming on holiday with me ; ) I want a new body!! And seeing as I can't afford to buy one, the DVD will have to do!

Do you know, I was lying in bed last night thinking I might do the same. Lol! My trouble is, we're going to Lanzarote and all the floors are tiled so I'd have to take a yoga mat too. Maybe I'll just go running, less to pack. Lol!

Back