30 day shred ?

laurenmXD

Heyyy guys :)
So just to start off i wasnt quite sure where to put this so as im doing CC i have put the thread here.

I have heard people on here talking about a 30 day shred.
What is it please ?
I know this may sound stupid im not quite sure what people are on about.
Thankyou x

Heyyy guys :)
So just to start off i wasnt quite sure where to put this so as im doing CC i have put the thread here.

I have heard people on here talking about a 30 day shred.
What is it please ?
I know this may sound stupid im not quite sure what people are on about.
Thankyou x
Hey lauren,

Have a look in the exercise thread, its a DVD by Jillian off the biggest loser i think, ment to be a killer!!!! Def not my idea of fun!!!! :D

Oh right thankyou Donzy. I was getting so confused when reading what people were putting about the 30 day shred.
thankyou x

I do it, it's pretty good. Hard work but definitely worth it! The first couple of days are hardest but it really does get easier after that.

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred - YouTube

That gives you a rough idea of what it's like

caroline can I pick your brains on this, I'm thinking about doing it after I've finished C25k.

Are you meant to do it everyday? I mean, 30 consecutive days? I don't think I would be able to, both physically or practically! If it was like C25k, three days a week, I think I could do it. I like to swim and jog, and both the shred AND an hour's swimming seems excessive to me!

Also, the weights bit- any particular weight or is it up to you?

Can't say I'm fond of Jillian Michaels, but the plan seems to get results so I'll do it.

You are meant to do it every day but it's really up to you. You could do it every other day if you wanted. It's important not to push yourself too much, so if every day is too much, don't do that. I did weekdays and had weekends off, that way the 10 days for each level takes 2 weeks. Though I'm planning on restarting it and I think I'll do it every other day. You should do 10 workouts at each level, whether you do that daily, every other day, it's really up to you.

What weight you use is up to you as well. I use a 2kg weight which is ok but gets a bit much half way through. If you're not used to using hand weights, I'd recommend 1kg weights for it.

Great stuff, thanks. 3 days a week it is, then!

Not quite sure whether to have a go or not :S it sounds good and from what ive heard people are getting results so thats a plus but im rubbish with excersize i can never seem to stick with it x

I've never liked exercising much either. Well, not at all really! But I've managed every single day of the Couch 2 5k programme so far. I'm not sure what's changed exactly, but I think it's because I am doing this for me. This is about being good to myself, proving to myself what I am capable of and more importantly what I am worth. Not for anyone else, and not caring what other people think as much as possible. Mind you, it took a very painful "life experience" for me to get there!

That's my motivation, maybe yours is different- you just gotta find it!

On the other hand, it's better that you start and give up than never start at all, right? And you'll never know unless you do start! Have a go!

I have done the 30ds and I am now on day 35 I believe. I only did 5 days at level 1 then switched to level 2 for 15 days and just carried on the level 3... I go on holiday in 6 days so there is method in my madness haha :)

Laura_carlburgess said:
I have done the 30ds and I am now on day 35 I believe. I only did 5 days at level 1 then switched to level 2 for 15 days and just carried on the level 3... I go on holiday in 6 days so there is method in my madness haha :)

Have you seen good results? I'm looking to start it tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hollie5by5 said:
Have you seen good results? I'm looking to start it tomorrow x

Inch loss no (only lost 1/2 inch off hips and STS everywhere else) but muscle definition definitely. As I am at target I knew I wouldn't loose so did it to try and tone up and after the 2/3 week could see an improvement x

It's fantastic. Only 20 minutes and difficult but if I can do it anyone can. Makes you really toned and cellulite almost vanish. I've injured my back and can do it at the moment though:mad:

I would love to try it, although i am really scared that i will gain muscle and wiegh more than actually loose wieght

Donzy84 said:
U still doing the bells??? X

Yeah got to week 4 but then things got In the way last week or so.. Gonna start it from week one again this week, along with 30 day shred and I'm also on week 3 of c25k, as they are all only 20 minutes or so it's easy for me to fit them all in! Back to work in 5 weeks and I want to make as much of a change as I can xx

Back