30 day shred!

Emmamb said:
Well done: do u feel like u have more stamina etc since u started? x

I don't take as many 5 second breaks as I used to, it's still hard though. And at first I couldn't do the full set of jumping jacks or jump rope but I can now:) I sometimes do jumping jacks instead of a 5 sec breather so that I'm still moving but I get a rest from whatever move I'm struggling with. Usually those plank jack things lol

well done evilpenguin....i jumped from level 1 to level 2 last night after day 5 so day 6 was level 2....needed change and kick start. Enjoyed level 2, not sure how much harder it was but was good to get a little change. was more intense thats for sure and think i will alternate between 1 and 2 til day 20 just to give some variety - good luck everyone

Well done evilpenguin! I actually don't feel too bad today after last nights shred, Im sure day 3 and 4 from some comments I've read on here will be different though!

TAKE IT ALL BACK - 2nd day of level 2 and wasnt good - did it in my underwear i was that hot. I had decided to on my 6th day to try level 2 as i was getting bored of level 1 (not because i found it easy) first night didnt seem that bad but just did it and wow its tough. Will now continue will level 1 til day 10 - thats my lesson learned haha

Having another fight with the wee devil on my shoulder today! Just had a black coffee to wake myself up, will have dinner and do day 6 afterwards.

I felt shredding for 20mins wasn't gonna be enough for me i need cardio cardio cardio so have just done Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and wow it was amazing! I need to drop this baby weight fast! Love Jillian Though shame her Wii game was awful!

I felt shredding for 20mins wasn't gonna be enough for me i need cardio cardio cardio so have just done Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and wow it was amazing! I need to drop this baby weight fast! Love Jillian Though shame her Wii game was awful!

im doing that dvd too loving it, itshard but so worth it when u get to the end

shaddon said:
Hi everyone,

Have been reading this thread and am interested in potentially doing the shred, just a question though, does anyone do other exercise on top of this? I currently do the below (since about oct) and was wondering if maybe this and the shred would be a bit much?

Monday - 1 hour body pump and 1 hour body combat

Tuesday - 1 hour step and 1 hour zumba

Friday - 1 hour body pump and 1 hour body combat

Sunday - 1 hour zumba and will be starting and 45min (ish) power walk from this sunday as training for half marathon moonwalk in may.

Thanks for any advice

Wow that's a lot of hours well done !!!

You could do the shred on the days you don't do excersie classes, if you have the energy and not to sore, I find I can't do the shred on the day after I've done running club.
It is all personal though and if you feel you can do it then give it a go. The DVD is great, I love it, it's only a £5 off amazon so not an expensive one if you don't use it. Let's us know if you get started good luck x

Still here, done level 1 twice this week and going do it today to, great to see so many joining this thread your keeping me motivated.
Keep shredding xx

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday, but day 7 did get done. I'm having serious computer issues right now, bf's PC is dead, my phone is dead and I've just managed to get my laptop back up and running so that I can fix my phone! :mad: so have been without minimins & have felt it, didn't realise how much I need this site to get through the day!

Anyway, I have a confession to make. I went back to level 1 for day 7, but I have plenty of reasons/excuses lol. A few years ago I fell and hurt my right knee. Ever since then it's crunched and cracked whenever I bend it or put weight on it. My left knee also started doing this when I got heavier and probably subconsciously compensated for the right knee by putting my weight on the left one when walking upstairs. So now both my knees crunch! Anyway since starting the shred they've been quite tight, and yesterday they were really bad. I was really tired too and the later it got the more I didn't want to shred. The pain in my knees yesterday wasn't like normal exercise pain (I can always push through exercise pain) it was like a tightness that hurt whenever I put weight on my knees. So I decided to do level 1 to give my knees a break, and I had to modify the moves a lot. I had to do the jump rope one leg at a time and do it really carefully so I didn't put too much weight on them. Even though I did shred, I feel a bit disappointed in myself that I couldn't do the proper level or the full workout. It wasn't lack of motivation - I really wanted to do it, but my knees let me down :(

But today they're feeling a lot better!! So I will resume normal shredding:) I also lost 3.5lbs this week:D:D:D

Hi all,havnt managed to do any more than l1 d4, but have been going to a toning class that also incorporates cardio,now I have had loss,the first since I dont no when I think a mix if both toning and cardio is the answer for me,so back to setting alarm earlier to do the shred,tomorrow will be l1 d5. Will let you all know if I have another loss on thursday.:) so keep shredding!

Well everyone, after being away for far too long I am finally back! Have been on the SW eating plan but my exercise has been shocking :-( however I am pleased to say day 1 level 1 complete!

This time I WILL stick to it- I have booked a few weekends away and the idea of getting in a bikini is very daunting so hopefully that will motivate me to keep going this time and no more silly Christmas to throw me off track! See you all tomorrow :) xx

Going to do day 8 in about 10 mins. I might have a peek at level 3 after it, not sure if I'm ready for it yet so will see what Jillian is expecting!

Hey guys! Hope you don't mind if I join the thread! I have been using Jillian's DVD's for months now and doing SW and I love it :D If I get bored of the 30 day shred, I jump onto banish fat and boost metabolism, I feel that's a killer more than the 30 day shred lol! xxx

hi everyone - did day 8 today, 2 days of which were level 2 but back to level 1 today. HOWEVER i have only lost 1lb in 2 weeks and did 8 sessions in total over this time - will i see results soon? what else can i do? to be honest i feel more bloated than ever and more heavier than ever - what do you think problem is?

Back