30 day shred!

After I completed L1 D2 yesterday, I felt a muscle in my calf go 'ping' :( I'm in so much pain today.... not sure whether I should do D3 today or not..... Those damn jumping jacks :(

Trying to convince myself to do L1, D2 however my thigh muscles are screaming 'We hate Jillian, don't do it' .

When I was doing the exercises yesterday I'm pretty certain I wasn't doing the crunches well enough, does anyone else really struggle with them?

Edit: I just did day 2, I still hate Jillian for the pain she's putting me through but it didn't seem as horrific as yesterday, maybe because I knew what to expect?

Last edited:
L1 D8 completed with an extra spring in my step and my husband trying to keep up - 3lb off this week too so it's not slowed down my weight loss this week at least!

Trying to convince myself to do L1, D2 however my thigh muscles are screaming 'We hate Jillian, don't do it' .

When I was doing the exercises yesterday I'm pretty certain I wasn't doing the crunches well enough, does anyone else really struggle with them?

I find the crunches, in fact all of the ab work, the toughest part of the work out. Especially the 3rd circuit.

I think Jillian came to my house, pulled me out of my bed and kicked me up and down the street. ALL of me hurts but I want to do day 3 but at the same time I have a wedding this week and don't want to be walking like John Wayne ahh!

I'm THINKING I may do the abs and weights as per the video, and change the leg work...if it's leg work with weights I'm just going to do the arms, if it's cardio I think I'm just going to run on the spot as jumping jacks and squat punching may actual be the end of me. Maybe I'm meant to feel like this? I'm just a wimp and don't want to risk ruining the wedding for myself lol (not my wedding!)

Hi,can't remember when I last shreded:-( need ti get my head back in the zone and start again :-S will start frim day 1.

I think Jillian came to my house, pulled me out of my bed and kicked me up and down the street. ALL of me hurts but I want to do day 3 but at the same time I have a wedding this week and don't want to be walking like John Wayne ahh!

I'm THINKING I may do the abs and weights as per the video, and change the leg work...if it's leg work with weights I'm just going to do the arms, if it's cardio I think I'm just going to run on the spot as jumping jacks and squat punching may actual be the end of me. Maybe I'm meant to feel like this? I'm just a wimp and don't want to risk ruining the wedding for myself lol (not my wedding!)
When I first started I was waiting for the DVD to arrive so was doing it from you tube then my Internet went down after I'd done day 2. I then didn't do it for a couple of days during which time I learnt to walk normally again! Ever since then I've had no major pain issues so why don't you have a day off to recover a bit then you shouldn't be so bad when you restart.
Enjoy the wedding!

Day 16 level 2 for me today. I'm nearly getting all the way through all the moves without resting but still struggle with those last plank moves. I always get really dizzy doing the last plank abs twist thing, not sure what that's about. Might borrow a BP machine from work this week and test my BP before and after so see if it drops. I'm also still struggling with the pendular lunges but it's balance rather than the difficultly of the move.

Please tell me level 3's nicer than this one someone!!! Going to order ripped in 30 today so I can move straight on to that, waited over a week for this one to arrive, don't want an excuse to not exercise.

I completed it last year and level two really isn't that bad, I preferred it over level one (level 3 was my favourite)

Just done Level 2 Day 3 - Was a tricky one but I feel great now

Oh my God, just listen to you talking about level 2 is terrifying...it sounds like a method of torture haha! I may just do that, might have a wee break :)

Sorry - don't let you put me off, I think it really depends on what areas do body you're weaker in and for me level 2 highlights those! My arms are my worst area for strength so planks for me are a killer! Only 4 more days to go!

lottiebird said:
Hello everyone, I have had this DVD for ages and haven't used it. After finding this thread, I am starting the challenge tomorrow! I am in pretty poor shape, but I'll do my best :)

Go for it!

Hello everyone, I have had this DVD for ages and haven't used it. After finding this thread, I am starting the challenge tomorrow! I am in pretty poor shape, but I'll do my best :)

I agree with Geobar. Go for it. As much as I moan I'm really enjoying the satisfaction of doing it, ticking each day off on my calendar. I hate days without a tick now!

I started day 1 level 1 today.

I have been doing Pilates for two months so the crunches and Ab work were ok.

But them jumping jacks and butt kicks had me out of breath.

I had to lie down after the first session

No
Breaks though!
Whoot

Got to say, I freaking love this DVD. Best tenner I ever spent. Jillian says something in level 2 - can't remember exactly how she puts it but it's along the lines of that she helps us realise our potential when it comes to exercise, and that we can apply that to all aspects of our lives. This is definitely true. I've done 13 days and I feel like a different person - happier, bouncier, fitter. I genuinely look forward to this DVD every day, although I feel exhausted at the end and hate her slightly during, it's the best feeling ever.

Level 2 day 17 done.
first time I've got all the way through with no breaks, very proud of myself. Didn't feel so dizzy afterwards too which is great.
3 days of this level then can move on!

Back