30 day shred!

I started off with 500ml full water bottles (1/2 kilo each) but did buy some proper weights in the end.

Also, if you don't want to wait for the DVD level 1 is on YouTube.

oooo thank you, I'll have a look, don't think I'll have time today though :( just had a email to say its been dispatched...

I use 1kg weights that cost me £3 each at sports direct. They were reduced though, end of line so they may be reduced in other stored :)
on day one i didn't think they'd be enough but now they kill me!
Davina McCall does a pair of 1 kg for £6 in argos but they've always been sold out when i tried so maybe you'll need to order them in. she does a range too if you want different sizes.

I've just done day 4 by the way, it's just getting harder and harder >.< ~I feel like I'm so close to quitting every day :( does it not feel easier at some point?? is level 2 even worse?? I can't imagine ever being ready to progress!

Keep at it, I promise it gets better. I find with each level there's a sort of hump you have to get over, for me it was day 4 on level 1 and 2. Once that's done, I really started to find things easier. Hope this helps.

Gutted I've had to have another 2 days off as I've been unwell. Not sure if I might need to go back and do a day each of levels 1 & 2 when I'm well enough to do it again but I've only 5 days left and want to get to the 30!!!!

Keep at it, I promise it gets better. I find with each level there's a sort of hump you have to get over, for me it was day 4 on level 1 and 2. Once that's done, I really started to find things easier. Hope this helps.

that really does, thanks :D

I don't know if I actually will loose inches (at least not many) doing this, I'm just wanting to tone up. Do you think its still worth taking my measurements?

I don't know if I actually will loose inches (at least not many) doing this, I'm just wanting to tone up. Do you think its still worth taking my measurements?

Yeah, I think so. You might be surprised at what you lose and it'll give you a nice boost if you don't see a number you want on the scales or something.

Question for other Level 3 people - the arm weight and leg raise thing near the end (can't remember what she calls it haha) where you're actually ON the weights on the floor - I'm really struggling, not in terms of finding the move hard, but because my weights keep sliding around on the floor and I genuinely feel like I'm going to fall and really hurt myself as I'm leaning on them really hard. When I try and move them onto the mat, the mat just slides around! It's really annoying as I want to do the move properly! Anyone got any tips?

Yeah, I think so. You might be surprised at what you lose and it'll give you a nice boost if you don't see a number you want on the scales or something.

Question for other Level 3 people - the arm weight and leg raise thing near the end (can't remember what she calls it haha) where you're actually ON the weights on the floor - I'm really struggling, not in terms of finding the move hard, but because my weights keep sliding around on the floor and I genuinely feel like I'm going to fall and really hurt myself as I'm leaning on them really hard. When I try and move them onto the mat, the mat just slides around! It's really annoying as I want to do the move properly! Anyone got any tips?

I do them on a towel on a rug and it's quite stable. I have a question for you on L3 too, in the 2nd strength set where you work with 1 weight only. How do you find this? I have upped by weight to the 2 kilo one because I find it so easy. Am I doing it right I wonder?

I do them on a towel on a rug and it's quite stable. I have a question for you on L3 too, in the 2nd strength set where you work with 1 weight only. How do you find this? I have upped by weight to the 2 kilo one because I find it so easy. Am I doing it right I wonder?

Cool, I'll give the towel thing a go, thanks.

I know exactly what you mean, I find it really easy as well, I've been worrying I'm not doing it right either! I don't see why we'd both be doing it wrong, if we can do the others... I've looked at myself in the mirror doing it and I can't see anything wrong with it. Maybe it's just a slightly easier move?

Day 8 level one done. Does anyone find it harder in the morning? Some days I love it and think I am progressing then I feel like I am doing rubbish. Anyone lost weight doing this?

debtin said:
Day 8 level one done. Does anyone find it harder in the morning? Some days I love it and think I am progressing then I feel like I am doing rubbish. Anyone lost weight doing this?

I find it much harder in the morning as I tend to set my alarm for 6, jump straight out of bed then do the exercise - for some reason, after a full day at work I find it much easier plus I'm more motivated too! Very strange! Stick with it, it'll be worth it in the end! Xx

Just done day 26 level 3 after another 2 days off being ill. Was worried I'd find it awful like I did on Monday but it was ok although I did drop back to following Anita (she's the easier one isn't she?!) as I thought completing it was more important than the difficulty of the moves for now. I had thought I should go back and do a day each of level 1 and 2 but glad I didn't. Think when I've done day 30 I might go back and do each level again to see how I handle levels 1 and 2 now. Then it's on to ripped in 30!

Day 5 Level 3 complete. Was a really good workout, I feel really nicely tired.

Hey everyone..I gained weight this week despite doing shred five days. Anyone else had this?

Back