30day shred...

DAy 6 sooo over and done with. I was kind of stiff from friday's power plate session... so yesterday was a challenge, HOWEVER, today i couldn't move. Stayed in bed a little longer, had a coffee and decided it was the wrong path to take if i started making excuses the first week. Did it, my muscles are no longer stiff and I actually feel better. So come on ladies, nothing short of serious injury should stop you. I've moved on to the "higher" level of level 1... 4 days more, but i could do the pushup on my toes NO problemo, didn't say it wasn't hard, just that it's totally doable.

Also just wondering, what poundage do you use on your weights?

Have a nice sunday my fellow shredders!!

Enlightenme, well done on day 6, I'm on day 5 today and will be popping the DVD in the player in the next hour or so. I'm a complete light weight when it comes to upper body strength, so can only do the girly pushups (just) and only use 2lb weights. Figure it's better to do it all and keep going than try and do it hardcore and give up.

I can already feel a difference in myself, although I do add some extra side bends in with a 5lb kettlebell and 40 mins on the abs belt.

Keep it up fellow shredders, only 25 days to go x

Day 5 complete. Am starting to get a buzz out of this now. Still hot and sweaty when I finish but is amazing how quickly my body us getting used to being pushed. I don't even get achey muscles now. Sorry to hear youre a bit stiff enlightenme but am sure you'll feel better tomorrow now you e done day 6. Maybe you should add in some extra stretches afterwards?

Have a fab Sunday x

Day 2 done but missed day 3 and 4 as wasn't home. But will pick them up again tomorrow morning and crack on with it.

Day 5 complete. Am starting to get a buzz out of this now. Still hot and sweaty when I finish but is amazing how quickly my body us getting used to being pushed. I don't even get achey muscles now. Sorry to hear youre a bit stiff enlightenme but am sure you'll feel better tomorrow now you e done day 6. Maybe you should add in some extra stretches afterwards?

Have a fab Sunday x

Yes, well it's actually my friday power plate sessions that have me crawling back home, and being stiff ALL weekend. I used to go twice a week but have cut to once, so i guess my trainer feels i need to pack it in... boy he kills my abs and whatever body part we happen to work out that day. Jillian actually stretched my thighs out nicely and i'm not as stiff as i was this am... on to day 7 tomorrow, have increased the intensity "natalie" style... so it's kind of like day 1 again, but only not so tired at the end of the workout.

xxx fellow shredders hang in there, the results are really worth it

How do you find the powerplate? I've never tried it but it looks like it could really help tone up. Would you recommend?

Power plate is AWESOME... however you have to find the right trainer... one who will push you and not listlen to the complaints coz yeah, some of those positions when you hold them static will take all the oomph out of you... but once again, it's 60 seconds at a time so totally feasible.

did day 7 woohoo, saw my cdc will not see her for another 18 days, so really want to maximize the exercise

Day 6 done. Quite look forward to it now and feel edgy until I know I've done it. Will defo be looking into the powerplate, every little helps and don't think I could manage any more cardio. I'm ready for bed at 9pm as it is! Lol

It's the little changes

wanted to share something that's NEVER happened to me before. I knew entering this challenge was important just as doing the 100% one. I've joined holiday challenges and such and just never made it to goal... because I would set them to high, unrealistically or simply could/would not do it. This time it's all about increments, one day at a time.

So this morning I woke up with daggers in my throat, and as everyone around me is sick, how foolish to think I would go unscathed! SO I stayed in bed, feeling sorry for myself, and skipped the shred this morning. :cry::cry::cry: The OLD me would have just shrugged and said I'm sick etc (fill in any excuse)... and gone off to "eat" something to "help" with the sickness. The NEW me got up (later) fixed bkfst for the kids, went shopping, fixed lunch - had my porridge AND just finished my eighth day of the shred!!
I am SO SO SO proud of me!!:character00115::character00115:

Fantastic news enlightenme. Am soooo happy for you. Must say posting on here and having the support if others has really helped me too. I've just finished day 7 and am really proud that ive managed a week so you must be ecstatic having completed day 8 whilst poorly. Here's to the next 22/23 increments and fantastic losses ( inches and weight) at the end

Happy shredding

Party girl no.1

Fantastic news enlightenme. Am soooo happy for you. Must say posting on here and having the support if others has really helped me too. I've just finished day 7 and am really proud that ive managed a week so you must be ecstatic having completed day 8 whilst poorly. Here's to the next 22/23 increments and fantastic losses ( inches and weight) at the end

Happy shredding

Party girl no.1

We're so close to goal, can't believe I'm actually sticking it out this time!! I know it's a never ending battle, but the thought of having set a goal, and making it there is exhilarating.

Another session down... this one was harder than yesterday's!!! is it coz i'm pushing hard, coz i'm ss'ing? coz i'm still sick?? i don't know but i did it before i could find a plausible excuse not to. Also stepped on the scales this am... have been sts All week, but now have added an extra pound... i'm saying to myself it doesn't matter as i'm being 100% and exercise DOES slow the weightloss down as there is no muscle loss but d*mn it!! I want to be at goal! I've got 21 days left of the shred where i'm going to continue to ss, after that i'll switch to another exercise regimen and do 810. Hopefully it'ss rev things up a bit.

Happy shredding ladies, hope you all have a very nice day

Hey enlightenme, I've had the same problem with the shred have sts since Sunday!!!! Very unhappy about it. Love the shred but tbh I'm not going to continue. I've done a week on it and although I feel good once I've done it, it's not worth paying £40 to do SS and then sts. The same happened when I tried to do the c210k previously. SS and exercise clearly dont mix well for me.

So i wish you luck with the rest of your 30 days. Let me know how you get on x

oh that's too bad, it does slow your weightloss a bit at first, but muscle is more dense than fat, plus as you're toning, you get sleeker... i don't know, i just might move up to 810 sooner

Think I'll do a week off the shred, see what the weight loss is like and then maybe go back to the shred again? Argh, I don't know. Normally I'm really quick to accept my excuses to not exercise but just can't make up my mind this time.

well, give it the 30 days hon... You will really see/feel a difference... just accept to stay off the scales until official weigh in

Yeah, I'm 1/3rd of the way done... on to level 2... i don't particularly like some of the exercise in this one, but will just grin and bear it.... :D:D:D

Back