30st 5lb Start Weight

Hi :) thanks for your post. Sorry to read you are suffering the same as me. I would only wish it on my very worst enemy :D

I'm on citalopram too and the doc has given me 20mg instead of 10 to try. My depression is gone but anxiety takes longer apparently.

Yes we shall do this :) xx

hey I am on 20 mg too! but didn't start with 10 was just put straight on 20 I think me and you are opposites as I think its helped my anxiety but not my depression attall haha !! we shall indeed!! I haven't really read the whole pages as theres a lot of responses but what type of diet are you doing? healthy eating and excersise ? or something else?

hey I am on 20 mg too! but didn't start with 10 was just put straight on 20 I think me and you are opposites as I think its helped my anxiety but not my depression attall haha !! we shall indeed!! I haven't really read the whole pages as theres a lot of responses but what type of diet are you doing? healthy eating and excersise ? or something else?

My diet is a mix between hypnotic gastric band, cal counting and total lack of sleep :D
Mostly just spending my calories wisely. The hypno thing has defo helped me to realise when I'm fill and I only really eat at meal times and I don't get hungry in between x

Made yummy tea of pizza wedges and coleslaw. Used warburtons square wraps for the bases and 2 was enough for 3 of us. I did ham and pineapple and a chorizo one. They worked fab as bases! Here they are:

image-252660579.jpg

I think that's a good price for 6, they are quite big and very versatile.

They are 187 cals each, with some tom purée on, ham pineapple and finely grated cheese it'd be around 300 cals for a whole pizza! That's a calorie bargain :)

Got a good deal on some nakd bars. On Amazon they are £23.77 for 40 but tesco has banana bread and berry cheeky ones @ 3 for £1.20 so for 39 it was £15.60.
They should last a while for duncs lunches. Pleased with my bargain :) it works out as 40p per bar instead of 59p on Amazon x

An update on dunc for those who are interested.

He's joining the sea cadets on Tuesday and is looking forward to it I think :) I just hope his friend does go so he's not on his own.

He's been much less depressed, bouncing about and he woke me up this morning with his singing!!

We've been eating better as a whole family and the weekly meal planner now includes healthy lunches for both he and joe!

Tonight I made chicken breast strips with a spicy crumb coating and sliced them up and made wraps with salad and Mayo for their packed lunches. They both have a big heap of popcorn instead of crisps and they'll take a nakd bar and some fruit. All much better than white bread cheese and ham sandwiches, crisps and Choc!

Tomorrows packed lunch is chicken and chorizo pizza with the square wrap bases. It takes more time that Sarnies but it's worth it :)

Dunc has weighed today and will weigh again next week with me.

There's loads of beef left over from Sunday roast so I'll use in tomorrow nights curry with a coconut and lemon rice recipe I saw on jamies 15 min meals.

I feel motivated again now I know joe and dunc are doing it with me! Joe doesn't need to lose an ounce of weight but he has said he wants healthier lunches so he's happy too :)

Tea was delicious :) turns out roast beef curry is rather quite nice! And the coconut and lemon rice was so different from normal rice, really creamy and filling. Happy tummies all round!

Food today

B - toast and marmite

L - nakd bar

T - beef curry and rice

It's great you are eating healthy as a family. Even if he has no weight to lose it will make him healthier on the inside, which is the most important of all.

Dinner sounds yummy!

It's great you are eating healthy as a family. Even if he has no weight to lose it will make him healthier on the inside, which is the most important of all. Dinner sounds yummy!

How have you been getting on? Xx

I always enjoy reading your updates Hershey - it's so good that your family are being so supportive. Glad things are looking up for your son too. :)

good food for the last few days hershey.

and good luck to dunc tonight - hopefully he goes!

Did you weigh in this week ?

No weighing. I need to get my head back in the game again and I'm going to just keep on each day having good food and when I do weigh hopefully I'll see a loss.

Today's food:

B - Toast

L - Square wrap with cheese and tomato pickle grilled

T - Mash with veg and gravy (fussy with sausages)

Like the sound of your Pizza hun :)

Its great that your family is eating better-we are too now most meals are made from scratch.

xxx

Today's food:

B - nothing

L - toasted cheese and bacon square wraps

T - Quorn chilli con carne

Having a Choc hot cross bun later with a cuppa :)

Hi , just had a quick scan read of your diary and you had me on page one x i am in a very similar situation , althougth mine has been going on since 2012 when i finally faced it. It seems such a daunting task and i yo yo between 25 and 29 st it seems i get some sort of a block at around 25 :confused:

I struggle with going out and have in the not to distance past had to rely on drugs to get me out, I now have a few places i can cope with but am still prone to panic attacks for no reason. I discontinued antiD's myself about a yr ago as felt i was getting dependent on them and I felt complacent, i probably shouldn't have done that but am to scared to go to the drs and admit that.
At my worst i have been suicidal :eek:

I now have places I can go, my comfort zones, but never go out alone. I am at my most comfortable at work where i put on an act but go to great lengths to avoid leaving my work area.

For all that sounds bleak i do feel i am getting a handle on my self and am far more positive and up ,I have decided 2015 IS MY YEAR ,

I am looking forward to following your journey and hope we can support each other xx I am useing slimming world because i know it works for me but have cheated and sent my husband to the classes as i can't face them. i restarted on the 12th jan and have relost just over a stone. Its slow but my new mantra is i didn't get this way overnight it's not going to go away over night xx

So good luck and well done on your lose so far x we will do this xx

I have hot cross bun envy Hershey - one of my all time faves. I had 4 in 10 mins that other weekend I went on a massive sugar binge.

I'm on day 4 no sugar so none for me for a while *rolls eyes*.

Did dunc go on Tuesday?

And welcome broadsbean x

Just fling yours this way - I could eat any kind of sossie all day every day :D

I used to eat them with no problems but recently I've become very fussy with meat. I will usually eat Tesco finest chipolatas but didn't even want them. Will have to get some Linda mc ones in to have x

Hi , just had a quick scan read of your diary and you had me on page one x i am in a very similar situation , althougth mine has been going on since 2012 when i finally faced it. It seems such a daunting task and i yo yo between 25 and 29 st it seems i get some sort of a block at around 25 :confused: I struggle with going out and have in the not to distance past had to rely on drugs to get me out, I now have a few places i can cope with but am still prone to panic attacks for no reason. I discontinued antiD's myself about a yr ago as felt i was getting dependent on them and I felt complacent, i probably shouldn't have done that but am to scared to go to the drs and admit that. At my worst i have been suicidal :eek: I now have places I can go, my comfort zones, but never go out alone. I am at my most comfortable at work where i put on an act but go to great lengths to avoid leaving my work area. For all that sounds bleak i do feel i am getting a handle on my self and am far more positive and up ,I have decided 2015 IS MY YEAR , I am looking forward to following your journey and hope we can support each other xx I am useing slimming world because i know it works for me but have cheated and sent my husband to the classes as i can't face them. i restarted on the 12th jan and have relost just over a stone. Its slow but my new mantra is i didn't get this way overnight it's not going to go away over night xx So good luck and well done on your lose so far x we will do this xx

Hi :)

Yea that all sounds very similar to me. I was the same with taking myself off the tablets as I didn't want to be on them forever but the Dr said to me that I have a chemical imbalance in my brain that causes the depression and anxiety therefore I will need to be on them forever. Once I saw it that way I just accepted it. I know for sure if I stop taking them I will end up in deep depression feeling suicidal like you describe.
It's like any other illness, you take a tablet to make it better, just because it's in your mind it doesn't make it any different. It's a hard pill to swallow. Pun intended!

I'm glad you are moving forward and working through it. I wondered how you cheated by sending hubby to SW, do you put him in a dress and some lippy and he pretends he's you lol!!!

Well done on your stone, that's a great start. A stone a month is 12 stone by jan next year! Imagine the difference :) x

Back