?????????

doubledumplings

Silver Member
:confused:

hi i was just wondering something i just spoken to cdc for first time on phone and she said i would have to get my doctors to sign a form befor she would give me shakes for the week. is this normal? and how are the doctors about doing this? ashley x

Hi - I worried about this as my doctor is very old fashioned but he never even wanted to see me. Just phone the surgery, tell them you have a form for him to sign and drop it off - thats what happened with me but it did take him 5 days to get round to it had to put the diet off for another week!!!!

Louise

Hello

This is fairly common, my BMI was over 40 so I had to get the form signed, just made a regular appointment, took the form in and said what I was doing and they signed it and wished me luck. Any doctor should support you (unless you have medical conditions), as you are taking the initiative in trying to loose weight.

My BMI was over 40 but my CDC didn't ask me to get anything signed from my doctor :confused:
Its just under 40 now.

Daisy 2000, I believe that these are new rules, something to do with some guidelines from somewhere (DoH or something like that). That's why you didn't need to sign the form.

Theresa x

My BMI is high and i was worried about this also - like you my DR is oldfashioned and thought he would not want to put his name to anything. He signed it though after giving me a lecture on how im this fat cause of what i put in my mouth and should think about that before i gorge food (his words not mine) compassionate sort he is lol

Jus x

I was alsom over 40 BMI and reluctant to take the form to my doc but he was lovely about it and was interested in CD and wanted to read up on it in case any of his other patients came to him. He happily signed my form :)

My BMI is high and i was worried about this also - like you my DR is oldfashioned and thought he would not want to put his name to anything. He signed it though after giving me a lecture on how im this fat cause of what i put in my mouth and should think about that before i gorge food (his words not mine) compassionate sort he is lol

Jus x

My doctor was similar, he used to give me pieces of paper onto which he'd scribbled, "Eat 10% less, drink more water, no junk food", as if he expected me to say, "Oh! So that's what I've been doing wrong!"

When he had to sign me off for this diet, I just went in firm and well informed and he did sign.

Hi! My friend did LL and had to get her Dr to sign, (we have the same Doc) it cost her twenty five pounds:eek:!! When I started on CD I didn't need a signature (only just mind!) which I was very pleased about! I think that there has been a change in this though so I'm sure a CDC who knows the new guidlines will be along soon and fill you in! Good luck hon!:D bbx

I was just marginally over the 40 BMI and my CDC made me a deal that if I lost enough the 1st wk to bring it down to 40 or under that I would not have to get the form signed. I took up the challenge and duely delivered.

I would imagine most progressive doctors out there would be pleased about the positive steps you are taking to take this situation in hand and deal with it. But I can understand that some of the older doctors may be suspiciios of it. But remember it has been around for 20+ years. If it makes them feel better offer that they can monitor your progress. When you go have as much facts as you can about it or take a download form the site so that they can read for themselves. I would only expect them to refuse if they have a genuine medical reason for you not doing it and I would suggest in that case that you ask them for an alternative. You have clearly made up your mind to proceed so don't let that impetus go to waste.

OMG I almost sound sensible!

My CDC has asked me to get the form signed and my BMI is just under 35. Hope I don't get charged to get it signed.

Louale

Back