3rd and final attempt!!!

sam786

Likes Food :)
Hello all, well today is my 3rd and final attempt at doing the cambridge. I dont know whats wrong with me, i just cant seem to get past the 2nd day without giving in:sigh: I feel so useless, especially when I read every one elses achievements!! Any advice on how to stick with it would be greatly welcomed......

hiya, i had the same problem, i think you just have to be so determined to do it that something just keeps your willl power up.if your not ready mentally to do it then neither will your body. drink loads of water and hot drinks black of course so that it will help with the hunger hun.

Hi Sam this is my third attempt too but i am determined this time will be it, i will do it!!! I find this site so helpful for support and advice and any time i feel like wavering i come on here and it sorts me out, good luck
Kate
xx

Best of luck hun, you can do it!!! :D xx

Hi Sam

Good luck hun. You can do it. I started the diet on 12th Jan too, and lost a bit of weight, but had come off it for a while. I re-started on sunday (28/2), so it's my third day. I'm finding it really difficult to keep my mind off food, and stuggling with will power. But I'm determined to get to my goal weight in 12 weeks (ok maybe its wishfull thinking), as I'm going abroad on 28/5/10. I really am struggling though. I keep trying to re-assure myself that I can get through this weight loss journey, but it's a constant battle!!

Oh and by the way, we have a similar BMI and about the same amount to lose. And I'm called Sam too (well actually my name is Samina, but everyone calls me Sam)!!

hey sam im on 3rd attempt too, started in dec lost a stone stopped for xmas then restarted new year lost another half stone stopped for valentines and just been able to get back on! put onb few pounds and its day 1 all over again for me, i know ho wu fel when you see all these great people achieving there goals and think y cant i? lets keep each other going, sam join in aswell, ive got sisters wedding in june and havent gone to get my ourfits like everyone else yet as i dont want to be soo bog at the wedding nexst to all the size zeros!! weathers getting nice so lets start thinking slimmer summer nicer dresses to wear!!!

good luck xx

hey sam im on 3rd attempt too, started in dec lost a stone stopped for xmas then restarted new year lost another half stone stopped for valentines and just been able to get back on! put onb few pounds and its day 1 all over again for me, i know ho wu fel when you see all these great people achieving there goals and think y cant i? lets keep each other going, sam join in aswell, ive got sisters wedding in june and havent gone to get my ourfits like everyone else yet as i dont want to be soo bog at the wedding nexst to all the size zeros!! weathers getting nice so lets start thinking slimmer summer nicer dresses to wear!!!

good luck xx

Hi blush. I know wot you mean about weddings. My cousin got married in 2008 and i didnt buy the outfit till the week before. Everyone was getting annoyed because they wanted to colour co-ordinate, but i didnt want to buy anything until i'd lost some weight!!

I want to lose the weight before June too (well actually 28th May), as I'm going away. I re-started on sunday, so its my 3rd day. Is it your 1st day back on the diet?

I started CD a year ago tomorrow. After reading your post l looked back at the little notebook l've kept, a sort of diet diary - my first day was fine, l was so determined, 2nd & 3rd days l found really, really hard (ie torture - l had headaches, felt nauseous, dizzy) - why am l doing this to myself sort of thing, my thinking was oh well at least l've tried, next week l can tell my CDC this diet isn't for me, by the 4th day though something clicked, which was me going into ketosis, then things started to get a whole lot easier, can't say there weren't blips & slip-ups along the way, there certainly were, but somehow a year later l've lost 66lb, 9lb away from my target weight.
In November l was 3lb off my target weight, but then had to have an operation at short notice & had to come off the diet, without working my way up the CD steps properly, l put a few lbs on afterwards, which l'm now working on losing.

I think you've got to ask yourself where you want to be in 6 months time or a year from now - do you want to still be the weight you are now and look back and think l wish l'd stuck with it. That goes for any diet. I admit CD might not be for everybody, but you owe it to yourself to give it your very, very best shot and give yourself the chance you deserve.
When it got tough l kept thinking l don't have to do this diet or any other diet, it's a choice, my choice. If you try thinking of the diet as a really positive choice rather than something you have to endure, it makes it a whole lot more enjoyable and easier to do.
Good luck, go for it!

Wow disney. Your post was so inspiring. Felt so much more positive having read that.

Well done on having lost all that weight - and only 9lbs to go before target weight!!! wow

I'm finding it really difficult to keep my mind off food, and stuggling with will power.

I'm rubbish with willpower, it's such a battle, too much hard work constantly battling your mind, on the other hand when l think it's my choice, sort of choice power, l feel much more in control, empowered and happier.

firstly well done for giving it another shot .. if you can just push past the first week .. its plain sailing ( well almost !!) . The first thing is to get your head in the right place .. be positive about the diet .. dont see it as a difficult thing to do .. see it as something positive that will change you life forever ... be excited about it !!
take it small steps at a time , if you can last an hour , you can last a day and 2 days , and 20 days and a month .. and so on .
I dont know about you but I used to get a rush out of eating something really nice .. but you can get that same rush from resisting .. being in control of the food and not the other way round is amazing and makes you feel really good .. its addictive almost .. you know you can do it .. push past the cravings and temptations and it feels great :)
Drink loads of water ( obviously ) , space your shakes out to suit you and just push on and when you get into ketosis it will become much easier . after the first couple of weeks it really does fly by and you will be at goal before you know it :)
and a final tip .. come on here as much as you can , for advise and inspiration from people who understand exactly how you are feeling :)
Good luck , you can do ti :)
Katie

Oh my gosh, thank you all so much for your replies, I cant believe ive nearly got through the first day without cheating!!!:D

You guys are truly inspiring, and I feel really positive now!

And to Samina, guess what, my name is Sameena too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi sam yes its my first day, im determines to finish this journey i started! it true about making choices and not seeing this diet as a chore or means to an end, getting on control of food rather than the other way round, coming on here is sooo good for motivation and a boost when your brain starts to wander and think the old way, i started in dec and already make better choices in what and how i eat.
one thing i would advice though is not take a break like i did as its so hard to get back on, rather if worse case scenarion just step up the plan but stay in control.

i find it really hard as i have to cook for my husband who wants a nice curry everynight and i have a toddler and 4 months old baby so always in the kitchen!!!!

day one gone lets see how tom goes xx

one thing i would advice though is not take a break like i did as its so hard to get back on, rather if worse case scenarion just step up the plan but stay in control.

I would certainly agree with that. I had to go off plan without having time to work up the CD steps due to an operation at short notice last year, l then put on some weight and didn't manage to get back to the diet as quick as l should have, the weight has been slower in coming off since l restarted.

I think moving up the CD steps properly, rather than doing your own thing is important for long term maintenance, l think there is still a lot to learn even when you get to your goal weight.

Hi blush. Well done!! You've got through the 1st day. Good luck for tomorrow.

You've got u'r hands full!! It must be really difficult having to cook and not being able to eat it, but like you said it's about choices, and the end result will be worth it. I've got 2 kids too, but they've gone abroad with their dad (to visit his parents) and i'm going too - on 28/5/10 - so ideally i'd like to lose some weight in the next 12 weeks.

day 2 and so far keeping busy feel better than yesterday but its the evenings when i really struggle, babies in bed so getting little one ready for nursery which should kill a few hours, cant wait to get into ketosis so im no longer watcvhing the clock egging the day to end quickly! lol

how u guys all doing

day 2 and so far keeping busy feel better than yesterday but its the evenings when i really struggle, babies in bed so getting little one ready for nursery which should kill a few hours, cant wait to get into ketosis so im no longer watcvhing the clock egging the day to end quickly! lol

how u guys all doing

Hi blush. I hope you had a good day and didnt struggle too much in the evening. We need to try and focus on 1 day at a time and once we get through the first week i'm told it gets easier (hoping)!

x

hi all
just sipping away at my choc shake having a bit of me time whilst baby sleeps... doing ok so far how are you guys doing, the weekend nearly here gonna try my best to get through it as this is when family and cooking etc mame me go weak at the knees and i start to nibble, jumped on scales topday to give me that much needed boost and thankgod they shifted a little!

looked in the mirror today and realised no amount of dieting was ever gonna get rid of the soft jelly post pregnancy belly :(

Back