3rd day on CD SS - day 2 was horrid!

Stellap

Hi, I'm fairly new at this posting lark but thought I'd get some feedback. I'm on the 3rd day of my CD SS but yesterday I had a horrid day. All was going fine until I left work to go home. Was really hungry and then started to feel nauseous and got a really bad headache. All I could think of was food - all carby, chips, bread etc. I went into a shop halfway on my journey home and bought a bottle of water. After I drank half the bottle my headache started to go. I am drinking about 3 litres a day so thought that was enough. When I got home I had a soup but whilst that was being made I was so hungry I had a tiny piece of cheese as I thought it wouldn't knock me out of ketosis. I managed to get through the evening and felt better this morning. I have lost about 6lbs in 2 days and hope that I don't get any more days like that! I'm type 2 diabetic but my readings aren't that bad - did anyone else feel bad on day 2? Thanks

The first few days are the worst,once you get past day 4 you'll feel soooo much better!!Try not to nibble though-it'll take longer to get into ketosis that way and will just prolong the agony.Keep drinking the water-some people are fine on 3 litres, some like me need around 4 to feel good :)

hi there lm on day 6 you will feel better after day 4 l did anyway brill weighloss so far :):)

Hi - Like the others say it does get easier! Much much easier in fact. Before you know if you will have plenty of energy, little or no hunger (I still feel hungry but I know some down) and you will be able to get on with your life barely thinking about it.

Then during your journey you will have other hard phases to get through but day 3 was most definitely the worst for me.

Back