3rd super free on green/red

janey6983

Hi,

I went to class last night and my consultant said that with the changes this year it is now compulsary to have a third of every meal as super free, even on red and green.

Well I know it is needed on EE but I didn't think this was the case for green, just wondered has anyone else been told this and has anyone else been following it. I'm finding it quite hard as some of my favorite meals are green with no super free ~(like quorn sausages , chips and beans).

thanks folks

I've only been told that this is the case for EE and not red/green xx

I wasn't told this, but it is something I ahve always tried, though granted not always managed to do. It makes sense to me that superfree is the healthy part of any meal, and that a meal without salad or veg, is not really healthy at all.

Lynda

Although it's not compulsory on green and red, I would recommend that you do also do it on these plans as it's the basis of healthy eating. It really is not a lot of fruit and vegetables to include and I really struggle to understand why people find it so difficult.

Our consultant isn't even pushing the 1/3 for EE but I think it's a good idea on all plans.

We've been told to do 1/3 superfree on red & green - there's even some new food diaries with a space for superfree food. I've been doing it for the last to weeks on green and i've lost 8lb and i'm full of energy. Found it relatively easy really - having salad with most things, fruit with breakfast, adding more veg to things like chili or bolognese. If it's a real problem then you can have some fruit straight after your meal. I'm pretty sure it says all about it in the new book but mine is in the car and it's too cold (and i'm too lazy) to go and get it! x

It's pretty easy to do really, if you still want say egg chips and bean, have a smaller portion, then some fruit. That's what I've started doing, and I've started having salad with everything, just popping it on my plate before I dish everything else up.

I just started making veg soups so I can try to eat more superfree foods, so maybe this can help.

We've only been told to do that with EE. If the old plan's always worked in the past, why change it? I usually have more than 1/3 superfree on red days but not green, but I'm sure over the week it all balances out, with the fruit and everything. I don't like having restrictions imposed on me!

I've always done it anyway. Most of the time it's really easy, but then I like veg a lot and don't think that it's a proper meal if there's not veg or salad on the plate.

In the new book the layout is different so the first page is 3 steps to success and it tells you to choose 1. Free foods 2. Healthy Extras 3. Syns then it goes on to next page to tell you about the plans then about the symbols against the foods ie F-fibre then the next page is about the superfree and free foods and it goes on to say that superfree foods are super satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories. Fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods and make them your first choice between meals. You'll naturally limit your energy ntake without counting a single calorie, and you'll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weightloss success extra easy. This is printed in orange for ee but then on the red page and the green it also says fill 1/3 or your plate with superfree foods. Hth

yes thats right its all the fruit and veg that is free, some are more super than others they got the SS symbol so super speed then the S is the speed and some are just F for fibre C for calcium and H for healthy so its best to try and have some of each I think so you getting an all rounder on your plate

yes thats right its all the fruit and veg that is free, some are more super than others they got the SS symbol so super speed then the S is the speed and some are just F for fibre C for calcium and H for healthy so its best to try and have some of each I think so you getting an all rounder on your plate

Thanks huni, thats what i thought, but thought i better get it clarified :). xx

saying that don't be like me and assume avacado was free and eat it in my salad only to find out it was not lol.

Well i had to get book out as im thinking noooo not every meal i do is veg/salad friendly but i doooo try, but i looked on the green section after reading ee its just says choose freely from the superfree foods and from green free food, plz point out where it mentions 1/3 because defo not on my page hmmmm why cant i blooming see it hahahaha

I purchased the new book at class that just came out for new members and it is in there clearly that is why I typed it out for you so again p9 tells you about super free foods then p10,11,12 are the ee pages showing you them then p13 has big piccie with tomatoes saying again fill 1/3 plate with superfree foods then p14 is green free foods where it says fill 1/3 of you plate with superfree on first paragraph then it says on bottom of page all these free foods are free on ee and green so hope this maybe clarifies if not I'm sure you will find something on the website

Back