3rd Times a Charm!

Sasha i don't find drinking the water too hard except when its freezing outside lol. When at work I use a 500ml bottle and refil it. I aim to have 3 bottles before lunch, 3 after and then use a pint glass in the house and have 2 more in the evening, sometimes morexx I put a tick in my diary when i have finidhed one to help me keep track xx.

I also drink black coffee maybe 3 or 4 cups a day but i dont count that as its extra in my mind xx

Heres to a good day for both of us x

Lunch time with my strawberry shake. Not my most favourite flavour but still enjoyable. On target with my water with the third bottle nearly done. Haven't told anyone in work that I am back on the shakes as I feel that I will get the "Lets see how long this lasts looks". At least I can have my shakes in private as I have lunch in my office. Not a very good day outside so hoping it will dry up a little for later so that I can go for a walk. Neither myself or Tara(My dog) like walking in the rain lol x

Did the dreaded photo last night in the undies. Not a pretty sight but hoping that if I weaken then I will be able to look at that and stay strong. Its for my eyes only but not a pretty sight.

Was wondering about taking measurements and if people find that motivating? If so how often do they take them. It can be hard with a lot of weight to lose to see changes in clothes etc until a couple of stone down so thinking that maybe seeing inches would help?

My task tonight is to look out one of my many too small items to use as a try on and see motivation. I could probably choose something in each size as I range from a 14 to a 20 in my wardrobe, although its been several years since the 14s saw the light of day,

Ive got a pair of fitted 18 trousers that I will probably use as at the moment I can barely get them up my thighs. If I'm honest my bottom half is more a generous 22 as leggings and jeggings in size 20 are apt to be stretchy!!
Onwards and downwards we go xxxx

Finished the day on a good vibe and even managed to do a family shop without sneaking a wee something in the trolley for me.By the time i finished work, did the shopping, came home and unpacked shopping, made the dinner for the family, walked the dog it was 9 oclock so not much time to think about food. Keeping busy definately helps xx

Well its night night for me now so positive thoughts for tomorrow x

You are doing soooo well!! :happy096:

I also took some photos - not a pretty sight lol - but the awfulness of them keeps me motivated! I took measurements when I was at 14st 4lbs and took them again just last week at 13st 7lbs and the change was motivating. But I don't think I'd take them too often. I want to start exercising and then take them again when I am 12stone.

Have you told anyone at work yet or are you waiting? I know what you mean about people rolling their eyes. I had comments like, 'You do like your fad diets don't you?' And rolling eyes...here she goes again! I thought, well I have been on a few diets I must admit and healthy regimes that lasted a few days! So, I couldn't expect much different but I know I'll do it this time and my progress will speak for itself. It hurt though! :sigh:

Great that you have your dog to take out because that makes sure you get exercise. My Mum has a little sausage dog and when they visit I am much more active. He's a little doll but very demanding when it comes to his walkies!

You are doing so well and I hope that you've got through today unscathed. :innocent0002:

Thanks Sasha, today was a good day although got a bit behind with my water. Also had to compromise at lunch as i left my shake kit as i call it in my car this morning and I forgot that hubby was taking my car today as i had to drop his at the garage which is just down the road from my work. i try to pack my wee bag which has shakes, my bullet blender and cup which i find is the perfect size for a shake and water bottle in the car every.night so that i always have it with me. I dont tend to have my first shake till im at work as never been an early morning eater.

So completely forgot till i was at work that i had no shakes with me. Got the chef to make me up a boiled egg salad which i had at lunchtime so wasnt too bad. i then had a shake at half five and another at 9 so should be okay, only half my water though x I have told my administrator Bernie who works in the office with me but thats allat work xx

I think that i have started diets so many times that they would also say here we go again lol x

Only a wee walk tonight as rain came on but every little helps xx

Not so good today:sigh: Totm due so prob due to that. Had a wee choc breakdown this afternoon and garlic bread booooooooo, oh and hubby is being an arsehole tonight just what i need!!!!! Anyway not going to dwell to much and carry on regardless x

Oh, you'll get right back on it tomorrow I'm sure. I have had so many 'cheats' but managed to get back on it and it's been fine - but damn annoying!! :confused: Looking back at my diary, TOTM really affected my hunger and cravings and I just suddenly couldn't leave bread alone!! You've not had too much so I reckon you haven't done any damage. Hubby's seem to have a talent for being ars**oles hehe. These things are sent to test us! :eek:

New day tomorrow :vibes:weight loss vibes coming your way!!

Thanks Sasha and yes your right about husbands!!!! Normally when he annoys or upsets me i reach for comfort food but not tonight ive got my i'll show you head on so :kissass::kissass::kissass::kissass2:to you oh dearest husband !!!

Haha! Well, at least you have found a new way to cope when Hubby is misbehaving :) I hope that today is better for you. It's the weekend - always a bit of a challenge.
MUST STAY CLEAR OF WINE! lol.

Well hada terrible weekend.:( Some devastating news about my sis in law who has been diagnosed with lung cancer at age 34. xDiet went completely to pot from Friday onwards. A lot of drink consumed along with many a comfort food:(. Still cantquite believe it. Anyway we have to be positive and will find out this week what the plan for treatment is. So scales showing a 3lb loss this morning which considering what i have eaten and drunk since Friday is a bonus.

Getting back on track this morning, lifes too short to keep putting off things and you never know whats around the corner so I want to get this weight off. xx

Going to try for positive vibes today x

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister in law... puts everything into perspective. :( we worry about stupid stuff and then something like that diagnosis hits you at 34! You just can't waste a minute. I don't blame you for the comfort food and alcohol I'd have done the same - think anyone would. I've had a few family members diagnosed with the big C as my Mum calls it and they've gone on to recover (after treatment) and that's when their life really began because they made the most of every day. I hope that this happens for your sister in law. :fingerscrossed:

Congratulations on your 3lb loss and well done for getting back on track. :) like you said you don't know what's round the corner, I guess it's too short to spend it overweight and unhappy?!! Sending positive vibes Martine125 xxx

Thanks Sasha, going to stay positive for my sis in law. cancer affects everybody doesnt it. My dad was diagnosed kidney cancer 5 1/2 years ago and had his kidney removed. Thankfully it was contained so he has had his 5 year all clear now:). But sadly we lost my hubbys brother to a rare bone cancer 4 years ago he was 52 when he died and now its sis in law diagnosed !
Just have to keep positive.

On the diet front manged my shakes today but only 3 as i didnt take my first till late morning. I know that i will be hungry when i wake up though so will need to make sure i have my 4 tomorrow. About 3 litres of water so pleased with that. I have got quite a busy 2 weeks at work coming up so hoping that will keep me from snacking or having time to snack!!

Have found it a bit tough the past couple days. Not really feeling it but stivcking with it. My new sketchers came today so I think I will walk to work tomorrow. Its just under 2 miles but into countryside so an up and down hill type of walk. My old trainers were worn and too thin soled for walking. So will try and see if that encourages me a bit . more to be stricter. I have had aroll each day Tuesday and today but shakes other than that. Think i was craving the bread as Totm. Anyway going to try and be 100% tomorrow and count each. day as a wee victort.

Hi Martine,
Nice to hear you are sticking with it. Tough isn't it? I bet your Sketchers are lovely and comfy, no excuse not to walk with those. Have you got a pedometer? I bought one a few weeks ago and it's interesting to see how many steps you actually do. If you are in the lovely countryside and doing nearly a 2 miles walk to work then you've gotta be hitting the big numbers!

Every day is a victory indeed. I don't think we give ourselves credit for just keeping going! Well, I'll give you credit...:clap: with the stress you've been through too you deserve a little round of :happy096: Keep going and before you know it you'll be jogging up those hills to work!! x

New sketchers are Fab! So comfy and no sore balls of feet or heels after a walk to work and back home x

Stuck to shakes all day and had an evening meal wih the family. Okay with that as still less than i would be having if ate all day as well. Think i willdothat over weekend gradually cutting down till Monday. Fresh week.

Full day ahead at work so by hoping that being busy will keep my mind off food. Should do as long as i keep drinnking water.

Felt the walk yesterday in my calfs when going over the hills. I am so unfit at the moment but i suppose every little step helps.

Hey Sasha a bit up an down at the moment. Start the day off well and then seems to go to pot lol x

Im keeping plodding on though. Sat and did an online shop tonight so dont have to go to supermarket to be tempted. Think im letting life get the better of me at the moment and thats nkt what i want:confused:.
Trying to findmy mojo again but difficult. I weighed this morning and stayed same, but i cant honestly say i have been goog.
Think i need a kick up the bum:sigh:

Anyway have packed my wee bag for tomorrow so will keep trying. If i can get back to a few days in a row of shakes then i think i will have gotten over my fir s t hurdle. Will set myself a 3 day target i think shakes only and see how i get on.

Hope your doing okay Sasha will pop over and read your diary xx

Well wee star for me today. A full day done and no cheats. Small steps but positive ones.
Think it might have been helped along with the comments from Hubby this morning. Its only 4 months till our holidays sweetheart, isnt it about time you started dieting!! Lol men. It just shows you though that i have been playing at it for past couple weeks. Hubby knows that i want to lose weight for good and hes kind of a bkack and white man, calls a spade a spade and all that x So i know when he says something hes only telling me the truth that i try and kid myself from. So i have bitten the bullett and told him that i am going to do shakes until the holiday and that he needs to try and support me not discourage me with meals out or takeaways xx.

So a full day done heres to day 2 tomorrow xx:)

Oh, don't you just love men's way with words lol. It certainly brings into perspective just how long you've got until your holiday. Sometimes, them telling it as it is can give us a kick up the bum! :asskick:

Sounds like you are back on track though! Well done Martine. I know what it feels like when life gets the better of you. The only way to get through sometimes is to plod and almost take one step at a time. Literally! You can't force that strong mindset, frustrating but you can only just keep trying and getting up and starting over. You are doing good. Full day & no cheats??!! Wow, better than me! :D

Hope you've had a good day today x

My hubby has a lovely way with words sometimes lol xx. But thats one thing i do love about him his honesty. Hard hitting at times but id rather he be truthful than lie to me x
2nd day done no cheats so pleased with myself:happy096:

As you say Sasha every day a small step in the right direction.

Water not as much as id . like but got just over 2 litres done. 2 pots of coffee though lol xx

Cant give up my coffee and decaff nooooooooooo!!

Had a fire safety inspection at work with a new Officer as old one retired. Always a bit unsure when a new person comes how things are going to be. Really pleased with outcome, everything going really good and he praised my training, record keeping and fire safety procedures. Its always nice to get recognition of hard work so i felt good today x

Just going to top up my water bottle for overnight and settle down to some game of thrones. We are on episode 5 season 1 and finding it watchable but not really getting what all the fuss is about so far xxx Going for another 100% tomorrow xxx

Back