3rd WI- honeymoon over??

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hey gang...

Well after two weeks of sheer JOY at weigh in I experienced the lows of LT. I lost 3lb and felt like bursting into tears. I know that it's still a loss...and that it's better than staying the same or, God forbid, gaining. It's just it feels like a lot of hard work for just 3.

I've been REALLY going for it at the gym and haven't had so much as a lettuce leaf. I wasn't expecting to maintain the kinds of losses I had on week 1 and 2...but in my heart I'd figured on at least 4 (which would have meant I'd lost 2 stone).

My lovely pharmacist was consoling me...telling me it's still a great loss....it could be totm... that normally I've been going early morning and today it was half 5. BUT... to be honest... I still feel a bit miserable. I know it's still OVERALL a good amount to have lost. I guess I'm just disappointed that I'm having NO food and losing less than I would on something like WW or SW.

Just don't know what's gone wrong. It's not like I've been on the programme ages or that I don't have a lot to lose... I just don't know :confused:

The GOOD thing is that my chemist is next door to an amazing bakers- incredible sausage rolls, pasties etc. As I left, bag of shakes in hand, I stood outside the bakers and for a second thought "sod it...what's the point?" The GOOD thing is that immediately I thought "Don't be stupid Lucy... what would be the POINT in sabotaging the hard work you've put in by scoffing a load of crap". I walked away and didn't even feel hungry or miserable. Today's WI hasn't shaken my determination- but I just feel disappointed :(

3lbs is great luce x
well done for not going into the bakers.that took lots of will power considering you were feeling so low.

i'm aiming to lose 3lbs a week.
i couldn't manage losing even 2lb every week doing sw.

just think how amazingly well you've done in 3 weeks hun.
you've lost an incredible amount in that time.

how about taking it easy with the gym a bit this week and seeing if that helps?

3lb losses all add up to a bigger total and you reaching your goal weight x
your still queen of weightloss,as bets would say lol :)

Babes 3lbs is not a bad loss. Losing 17lbs on your first week was the highest we had all seen.

Just look at it like this, you have been doing this diet for 3 weeks and you have lost 9lbs a week. Your body cannot cope with losing great amounts everyweek. You need to give it time to burn the fat.

Look at my losses they are very low. Everyone has the low ones then it goes up again.

You are doing great babes, stick to it.

3lbs is a fabulous loss!!!!!!! thats 24 sausages!!!!!

Would you have really lost almost 2st in 3 weeks on ww??? really??? i dont think so!

Dont set yourself up too high - go on the average - 1st a month for women. one week you may lose 2lbs the next 5lbs but if you look in a few weeks time you will see you are on average if not above it - so please dont get down about it - you have just lost 3lbs of pure fat - nothing to be sniffed at hey :)

And bloody well done on resisting that bakery - already your attitude is changing - well done honey keep it up :D

p.s ... forgot to add - what are you doing at the gym exercise wise? if you are doing cardio workouts you are likely to put your body into starvation mode resulting in lower losses as your body tries to cling on to everything you consume (in your shakes). Try just some light toning exercises nothing too heavy :D x

hey hun i no u feelin disappointed bout ur WI but 3lb is still a fab loss.

i remember bein at WW an one wk i tried really hard, weighed all my food, counted all my points (even ad a few left) an wen i went 2 get weighed was convinced it would b 3lb loss if not more an u no how much i lost 1/2lb. omg.

my point is hun, is that u lost, u not feelin hungry (i was starvin on WW) an u av more get up an go. glad u didnt giv in2 temptation hun.

my mum sed 2 me b4 nothin tastes as good as bein thin feels!! an like u sed hun its a loss not a gain.

good luck 4 next wk!! :)

I know what you mean, it is disappointing when you get a loss smaller than you were expecting, but shrug it off, start again, and who knows how much you'll have lost next week! Good luck xx

C'mon Lucy, look at the overall picture, you've lost 27lbs in 3 weeks, I don't think there's another diet in the world where you could lose that much.

Keep your chin up and congrats on not going in the bakers x x

Seriously though! 17lbs in one week! I havent hit that yet and im in my third week! I think with that initial loss you were set up to be disappointed. But you shouldnt be, youre losing weight every week and my god, what a kick start to it all you had!
Youre doing great and you should be bloody proud of yourself!
Oh and I work near a Greggs so I totally feel your pain there! Ha ha!!
xx

Hi Lucy,
very well done to you on your weight loss this week and to date. You have achieved a great weekly loss over all and well deserved. I would take the advice about the gym as you have to be careful. Please do not get despondent over what you feel is a low loss, most on here would be thrilled with 3lb and WW only claims 2lb in a good week so there is no comparison really.
Hope you are feeling better about it by now and huge kudos to you for not stopping at the bakers, that is the slippery slope that got us all here in the first place.
Keep shaking, keep watered and keep posting.
Best of luck.
Doirin

I really don't think 3lbs is bad at all! It's great & you really do have to look at it overall - it roughly works out as a stone a month, or 4lbs a week, so, it does balance out!

Good luck for next week!

Hannah

I dont know whether you have thought of this or not muscle weights more than fat. So perhaps because you have been such a gym bunny of late you may have created muscle which is brilliant because it will help you after you finish lipotrim.

I think you were bound to feel like this at some point because you started with such a staggering weight loss. you have proven that you have gained alot in the last 3 weeks ( and not pounds) but knowledge and self control. You were feeling SO disappointed but you did not succumb to all them fatty pastries.

WELL DONE YOU DESERVE A CHEER :talk017:

NO 2 CHEERS:talk017:

Just want to echo what everyone else has said.
Overall,an amazing weightloss to date.
Achieving great fitness
Great willpower to overcome temptation today.
Just don't beat yourself up and don't try so hard.
Remember, weight did not pile on overnight so you can't lose it so quickly either.
You are an inspiration. x x

Thanks girls-

I know it's ridiculous to feel disappointed. In a way I was worried about this after the last two weeks. I knew I couldn't sustain that and I was always going to feel that (in comparison) it wasn't much. I'm feeling better now- mostly because of all your great comments, but also because I've put it into perspective. ANY weight gone is a good thing! I can't remember a time where, when I'm upset, I haven't headed straight for a food binge. When I realised that an hour or so ago I thought 'how scary that I had such low self-worth'. I then realised how life-changing LT can be. I know it's early days and there are bound to be more disappointments along the way...but it's great to know that the choice is ours...and to have made the 'right' choice for once!!

Taff- yeah it took a HUGE amount of will power to avoid the '4 sausage rolls for 99p' offer!! (I've been known to have 8 before!!!!) Thanks for your lovely, cheery message babe xxx

Jesi- I hadn't thought about it as averaging 9lb a week- that's cheered me up no end!! I think the disappointment was because I have SO much to lose that I was just expecting BIG losses for 5 or 6 weeks.

TanyaJane- I've been doing 3 or 4 sessions per week. In each session I do 45-55 mins cardio (quite heavy) then maybe 15 mins weights. Do you think I should avoid it altogether? I want to get healthy as well as lose weight so don't want to give up altogether- but don't want to be over-doing it. At the moment I'm not too sure what 'over-doing' it is as I seem to be less lethargic than when I was having sugar binges and then feeling shattered when the rush went!

Bex- your Mum is a very wise lady!! It's SUCH a true point tho. Like your WW experience- it just feels a bit 'OMG-ish' when you've worked really hard and had hoped for that bit more!

Caz- yeah I'm going to shrug it off and focus on next week- it's all going in the right direction after all!

Jane- that's really true. Although a 3lb loss could be achieved in a week on most diets, I'm chuffed with this total in just 3 weeks. Just need to keep reminding myself of that!

CJ1- You work near a Greggs!?!? OH my WORD! You must have the will power of a SAINT. I love Greggs- the smell that comes out of them is just heavenly. I don't even need to be hungry to start salivating over their pasties!! Well done YOU for resisting their pastry goodness!

Doirin- thank you...wise words as ever! Yeah I'm not feeling despondant now- don't know what was up earlier. Maybe it really is TOTM!

Han- thanks babe....I'm looking forward to next weigh in now. Whether it's 1 pound or 10...it's better that than the way I WAS heading a month ago. Sheeeesh!

Anne-Marie- I'd not really thought of the whole gym creating muscle thing....but whether or not that's the case I'm telling myself it is! hehe!! I DO feel I've gained a lot over these few weeks...a bit of self-worth and self-respect....even when I'm feeling a bit sad or disappointed I don't HAVE to head to the nearest fat-laden 'comfort'... I can CHOOSE a different way. It is very empowering

Molly- thank you- what a lovely message :) I think we often do 'beat ourselves up' don't we. I am a bit of a perfectionist...I'm either the best at something or a complete failure...they (in my warped eyes) are my two roles. LT is helping me realise that I'm not a failure... I think it's such a fantastic programme.

Thanks for all the support- I couldn't do this without you guys

Lots of love

Luce xxxxxxxx

You've lost another 3lbs and gained a whole better attitude! You resisted the bakery, you've got over a disappointing loss (try losing a quarter of a pound missy! ;)LOL) and are hitting the gym.

You're doing AMAZINGLY!!!

WELL DONE!

Can only repeat what everytone else has said - well done on a FAB weight loss!! on Week 3 and in total, don't forget it's the big picture that counts, after all.

And also, you're not meant to overdo the cardio exercise as it can put you into starvation mode so don't go too wild on that front :)

you will be fine!

re the exercise - im no expert but doing that much cardio when you are only on 450calories a day cant be that good for you. Maybe slow it down, do say 15mins cardio and 15mins toning or something and see how it goes. Noone can tell you you are doing too much if you feel fine on doing so just listen to what your body tells you :)

First of all - *huge hugs*

Secondly - That's fanbloodytastic! 3lbs of horrible, disgusting fat gone for ever and ever! 27LBS of the rotten stuff has left your body in 3 weeks! 3 weeks! That is amazing! What other way would you have gotten rid of 27LBS of the vile stuff in such a short space of time?!

Thirdly - If someone else here had posted what you posted, what would your advice have been? You'd have thought they were a complete superstar weight loss machine who has triumphed over adversity! Hmmm methinks this little lady should take her own advice!

I am so proud of you Lucy Lui! Feeling the way you did and having the strength, will power and determination to walk past that disgusting evil bakery calling your name. Those sausage rolls and pasties are evil, they knew you were upset and were calling your name. Well done for sticking the finger up and walking on with your head held high!

I was a bit of an athlete before I became Ms Chubby Mc Chubby from Chubbyville and believe me when I tell you that 45-55 minutes cardio on 450 calories is waaaaaaaaay too much! If I was you I would wind down the cardio in the gym and stick to the toning. Brisk walks are sufficient cardio on LT. Start your session with a quick warm up on a cardio machine to get the metabolism going, then hit the light weights. You still burn calories toning and you're getting the benefit of keeping the lose skin at bay.

You are still the Queen of LT sweetie. You've come such a long way and by sharing your experience proved that. You'll continue to get stronger and stronger. I'm kind of perverse as in I want my weight to sloooooooow down a tad as it makes it so much easier to tone. I'm grand at the minute, no lose, saggy skin YET, but I know it will be on it's way soon, and 3-4lbs a week from here on in will suit me fine.

Loads of love!

X

Gratz on any loss - you have achieved so much in such a short time. I guess the smaller losses had to come some time. I know how you feel though - I was a little disappointed with my loss this week as after having lost 4lbs the previous week in 4 days I thought that with 9 days til weigh in I would have lost 7-8lbs - but after some thought was pleased with my 5lbs.

Ditto all that has been said above - its still a great loss and its all fat - none of that water malarkey anymore :D

You never know you might lose more next week :D
x

Hi there,

I can only reiterate what everyone else is saying, could you have imagined having the willpower not to go & eat shedloads of sausage rolls a few weeks ago, no way & look where you are now. Incredible weight loss over such a short time, your not really giving yourself a big enough pat on the back for what you have already achieved Luce.

And at work, I always go out to my car on lunch times & breaks & fiddle with my phone or read magazines, the number of questions I used to get did my head in & people sympathizing with me as if I had turned into a weirdo overnight because I wanted to lose weight drinking shakes. People get very jealous of others successes, and are quick to criticise & mock thinking how easy this is all is to do. I got fed up with being focal point so took myself off & heat is soon on someone else.

Aah fish & chips, the food poisoning thing was very good story, and when your colleagues can see the new slimmer you they may change their on ideas about going to the chippy & start heading off out to chemist instead.

What doesnt break you makes you stronger, and blimey 27lbs is nowt to be sneezed at :))))

Back