3stone how long?

Want to lose 3 stone.. By nature I'm inpatient lol I lost 5pm on my first week and not expecting that every week ?.. What's a realistic time scale to aim for?

I was thinking Xmas so I can reveal my new fiqure in a new frock but that seems ages away!

What's your weight loss and time aims?
Charlene xx

It took me 8 months to lose 3.5 stone and that was averaging about 1.5-2lbs a week on WW. On SW, I'm averaging about 1lb a week so for me personally it's slower but more long term.

If you want a quick fix, honestly I wouldn't recommend SW as a diet. It's more a healthy eating plan with incorporated weight loss.

In a massive hurry, maybe the meal replacement programs would help more. Personally again, I couldn't do without physically eating things!

I want to lose 3 stone and I'm doing Exante. First day of it today =D People lose at least half a stone in the first week of it usually- I am very health conscious and don't like the idea of such an extreme diet (I'm doing their Total Solutions diet) but it's just to shift this weight and then I can eat healthily with something like Slimming World or Weight Watchers. I love the gym but I'm going to give myself a break from that whilst on Exante and do more gentle exercise at home- have a lookie at the meal replacement posts hun Xx

I want to lose 3 stone and I'm doing Exante. First day of it today =D People lose at least half a stone in the first week of it usually- I am very health conscious and don't like the idea of such an extreme diet (I'm doing their Total Solutions diet) but it's just to shift this weight and then I can eat healthily with something like Slimming World or Weight Watchers. I love the gym but I'm going to give myself a break from that whilst on Exante and do more gentle exercise at home- have a lookie at the meal replacement posts hun Xx

I don't claim to be an expert but surely if you got to target on a meal replacement diet then you'd put a fair bit on just switching back to food?

Completly off-topic but wouldn't that demoralise you?

P.s. I wouldn't ever recommend a meal replacement as I don't think cutting out food completely helps you work out why you got to the weight in the first place, or retrains your mind to eat 'normally'. Plus I wouldn't have the willpower to stick to it.
But then each to their own.

xx

@Stackhead-

There's no need for it to pile back on- there'd be a couple of pounds because of the glycogen stores being refilled but so long as you exercise and come back to food with a realistic view of it all then it'll be OK =) I like it because theres no counting, no fuss and no decision making. And I already have a good relationship with food and whats healthy- my body just likes me being this weight and wont shift! :(

How much weight do you have to loose? I have lost 2 3/4 stone in 10 weeks but I did start off at almost 22 stone.

Not in a hurry I want lose weight and generally improve my diet.. I started sw 12st6 I want
To lose weight and keep it off.. I was just interested tbh more my impatience tbh lol. I joined sw
As I want to make it a way of life .. Sounds a bit cheesy eh!

Not in a hurry I want lose weight and generally improve my diet.. I started sw 12st6 I want
To lose weight and keep it off.. I was just interested tbh more my impatience tbh lol. I joined sw
As I want to make it a way of life .. Sounds a bit cheesy eh!

Not at all. If you can curb the inpatience (I struggle too) then SW will be perfect. I need to lose 2 stone more and if I manage that by Christmas, I'll be over the moon (and totally shocked!).

Doable if your body wants you to lose it. If it doesn't, you might be there a bit longer. Give it a shot. The worst thing that can happen is that you don't get there on time! It'll come off, just might not be as quick as you'd want!

Good luck. Race you to target...... ;)

Well its taken me 18 weeks to loose 33lbs, I have a had one or two hiccups along the way but mainly stuck to plan and I havent done much on the excercise front either, I meant to, but I am just lazy in that respect. I have mainly followed the red plan with a couple of Extra Easys thrown in each week. I find that following the Red works better for me as then I am drastically cutting down on the carbs.

Have a go it really does work!

@Stackhead-

There's no need for it to pile back on- there'd be a couple of pounds because of the glycogen stores being refilled but so long as you exercise and come back to food with a realistic view of it all then it'll be OK =) I like it because theres no counting, no fuss and no decision making. And I already have a good relationship with food and whats healthy- my body just likes me being this weight and wont shift! :(

Fair do's. It was just a question and I think if you go back to food with a clear head of what to expect and not expecting miracles i.e. OMG I suddenly never want to eat chocolate ever again. Then good luck to you.

Me, i'm much more of a slow and steady wins the race. Never been much of a hare anyways.

xx

@Stackhead-

Fair enough. People are different though, personally I don't think I *would* have a 'realistic' view of food on extreme diets or meal replacements, thats what Im gaining thru SW. A realistic view *involves* decision making (not leaving it all to the replacement to 'decide'). I dont have a 'good' relationship with food or I wouldn't be this size to start with.

But if you do then go for it. I guess it's a different perspective if you've not got so much to lose too.

Charlene you sound just like me!I can,t make my mind up and to and fro between ww and sw,with the odd Atkins fortnight thrown in for good measure!If i could just concentrate on one plan I,d crack it! lol!
Sally x

charlenesbulge said:
Want to lose 3 stone.. By nature I'm inpatient lol I lost 5pm on my first week and not expecting that every week ?.. What's a realistic time scale to aim for?

I was thinking Xmas so I can reveal my new fiqure in a new frock but that seems ages away!

Charlene xx

Xmas is less than six months now. So its not that long. Its simply a matter of plodding on, a couple of pounds a week does sound ssssoooo slow but you will start to see a difference within a few weeks i promise. It also depends on how hard youre willing to work, the stricter you are in terms of having blips off plan, the quicker it should in theory come off.

With 20 weeks till Christmas 1lb a week would be just under 1.5 stone and 2lb a week would be just under 3 stone. It's likely you'd lose somewhere between the two as SW says you should lose 1-2lbs per week.

Took me from July last year to Feb this year. Lost approx 1lb a week but I always had my hex and syns.....as I lover my food. Be patient and follow the plan.
Good luck
x

Charlene xx

It is possible to lose 3 stone by christmas on SW depending on your starting weight, how strict you are on plan etc When I first started and for a good few stone I lost about a stone a month but I did have a lot to lose. There's no guarantees of course but I haven't found sw a quick fix but a steady solution x

I've lost 3.5st in 6 months. I honestly couldn't have lost it any quicker but it now feels like a lifestyle change which really is the bigger picture.

Charlene xx

hmm interesting tread here it was one of my first questions but never had the courage to ask - well my answer if it is worth anything....

I have now lost 3st 2lbs in 15 weigh ins....(15 weeks) - however i am rigid with the plan and have not lapsed once yet.... although i have been tempted but now i can see the fruit of my labours i am well pleased. Eg had a summer dress in a size 24 from asda and could not get in it, tonight from asda i bought a size 18 cotton dress comfy fit and a more stretchy dress size 16 comfy fit - I love my food but I am now sure that i LOVE clothes and my renewed confidence more....
:angel09:

I've lost just over 3.5 stones in seven months. I've been losing at a rate of 1-2lbs a week. Have patience and remember that all those small losses soon add up.

Back