3stone?! Is that POSSIBLE?!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Vicsy, 8 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Vicsy

Vicsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yikes, you guys are crazy! I would LOVE to loose 3 stone by xmas... Currently I'm 17 stone (having lost 8lbs on SF) but thinking I might start SW this week. So, 17 stone and 5'4, is it really possible to loose 3 stone by xmas?! I exercise 3 times a week (aerobics, swimming & a long walk.)

Thoughts please?
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Susiewoosie

Susiewoosie In it to lose it

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I personally don't think you should pressure yourself to lose 3st by Xmas. If you are starting SW you will probably have a bigger loss the first week then it will sow doen a bit.

Sue

4. Lou1973

Lou1973 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    3 stone in 6 and a bit week on SW sounds like it could be difficult as that's half a stone a week but everyone loses weight at different rates but only way to find out is to jump on the wagon and see where you get to by xmas.

the one thing you can be sure of is if you join and follow the programme you'll lose something by xmas

5. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well i just got my 3 stone, and that was starting at end of april....so I would say no, but you could lose a fair amount, maybe a stone or stone and half by xmas realistically.:sigh:

6. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    the people who have done the 3 stone by xmas thread started it a while ago. I would say aim for a stone and then you wont be disapointed!
    Good luck! I weigh 16.10 and am 5"3 so am roughly the same amount as you and I am aiming for a stone for xmas!
    xx

7. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have lost a stone and a half in 9 weeks. So I think you could lose the same before Xmas cos you are likely to have a big lose in your 1st week (although not guaranteed!)

8. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Don't put too much pressure on yourself, it doesn't matter how much you lose as long as it coming off. Work at about the 2lbs mark and it will stay off when you get to target, too fast and you will have problems keeping it off. Slow and steady wins the race. xxx Loobylou

9. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find when you have too high expectations you're always disapointed.. where as if you aim for realistic and the unexpected happens, it's a great surprise!!

10. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always aimed for 7lb target at a time, they are easier to reach and you feel so good that it spurs you on to the next 7lbs and so on. xxx Loobylou

11. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Also, 1-2lbs a week is a healthy amount to lose and you will also have more chance of keeping it off (so research shows!)

12. Vicsy

Vicsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks. I know that 2 lbs a week is ok but I'm so impatient :( Hmmm, will need to find some motivation/reward/incentive for small loses i think! Thanks for comment. x

13. Vicsy

Vicsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks so much everyone. Will def join at end of this week and try really hard for 1 stone by xmas. Honestly you lot (the SW bunch) are so friendly, (Whispers "much better than the slim fast group" but ssshhhh, dont tell anyone!) Will catch up in the week hopefully. :)
    x

14. kjs1628

kjs1628 Surely....

Start Weight:
    12st8.8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.8lb(8.37%)
    Diet:
    SnS
    I was on the three stone by Christmas thread, but stood no chance of actually doing it. So I've switched to the November thread, where you set yourself a target for the month. I find that the idea of losing 7-10 pounds this month feels much more positive, and likely, than 3 stone over 3 months.

My message; set yourself realistic, short term goals. Success breeds success. And join a monthly thread. It's certainly helping my mind set. Good luck!

15. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    Im hoping to get there !

16. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

people say it depends on your weight, but i think that's b******! i weigh, lets say, a few more stone than you and my average weekly loss is 2lbs. i stick to it 100% - i even weigh my healthy extras.

i would be realistic and aim for 1 stone - especially as you may have a few xmas parties lined up before xmas gets here! :)

17. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Lol, I just worked out if you wanted to lose 3 stone by xmas that would be half a stone loss a week from now till then.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Treats

Treats Silver Member

Hello and welcome...

I like the other ladies agree... I want to loose so much but I aim for smaller targets and feel so good when I get to them...

I am aiming for a 13 lb loss from now till christmas which will take me up to 3 stone....

Join one of the monthly challenges they are great .... also so are us lot on here hehe good luck and what ever you reach for Christmas is a bonus isn't it!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.