Consolidation 4.5st loss sucesss story & questions

Roin

31 year old male, broard frame
Started at 17.5st now 13st.

Hi,
I decided in May to do the Dukan diet, I started on the 28th, and continued for 3 months, doing 10 days of attack and the rest cruse, and now I am in the Stabilisation phase of the diet, and it is working ok for me I feel great, and look younger and healthier than ever.

OK so I stuck from the outset religiously to the dukan diet, I found the sugar withdrawls, and lck of alcohol the hardest part, leaving me feeling like I had no energy, my planning could have been better but it worked pretty well, I initally lost 2st in four weeks on the diet, then my loss slowed to ecently I got on the scales and read the 13st, to which I was properly chuffed.

I had problems with ccraving, (dreamign of toast )!haha - but didnt give in, and constipation, this lastly makes me think only do it for a short time, as this can be bad for bowl health..

I did the excersize a bit half heartedly, but recently stepped up the walking to running and Im doing 5 miles now, and using more of a calorie restricted diet at the weekends, and giving myself a few treats...

Happily, Ive gone down to nearly a 34" waitst, and my heart rate has dropped too.. and I have to buy all new clothes, can actually see my 6 pack and feel lean again.

My tips for anyone loosing weight:
1) Yoe valley fat free yogurt any time of day can be mixed to make a great dip, or mix with oat bran...
2) Micro wave some ham with paoched eggs in the morning for a great breakfast.
3) marnades for chicken, cooking mixes of stuff in the oven in foil etc are great
4) Cold showers (hahaha) I got used to them, and Im sure they boost your metabolisim and burn calories, I since stopped them, esp getting near winter, but will probably start them again in summer.
5) diet caffine free coke, in evenings, so not to keep you awake.
6) follow the diet, if you cheat, go on the attack again,
7) vit supplements in the begining.
8) Loads and loads of water,
9) buid walking into runnning, steadily and slowly, it really ramps up the fat loss, and you will feel great about yourself
10)then join a circuit training class, to get more off,
11) treat yourself with things other than food, occupy your mind when not busy.
12) stick with it and eat as much as you can first thing in the morning, this really will boost you metabolism first thing in the day, it will get the fat burning!!!!

So I also have a few questions, I'd love to hear from dukaners like me.

Questions,

1) If I have a large meal - like out at a restaurant, I am frequntly sick afterwards, or even at home with rich food, I can seem to eat as much etc - has anyone had problems with this. I also think that Im now more sensitiive to alcohol and foods which are rich etc.
2) Time - the stabilisation diet is the part where people often regain the weight, does anyone have any tips on ensuring this stays off if I reintroduce more usual foods into my diet. i.e eating habits, new recipes etc
3) Bran flakes, All Bran, are these ok for breakfask in the consilidation period,I belive that the diet isnt great for the intestines, and overall bowl health, and feel that the oat bran does not act as a bulking non soluble bran in the gut, and if over extended periods be bad for your health?
4) Reintroducing green top milk for brews and cereal??? rather than red top?

31 year old male, broard frame
Started at 17.5st now 13st.

Hi,
I decided in May to do the Dukan diet, I started on the 28th, and continued for 3 months, doing 10 days of attack and the rest cruse, and now I am in the Stabilisation phase of the diet, and it is working ok for me I feel great, and look younger and healthier than ever.

OK so I stuck from the outset religiously to the dukan diet, I found the sugar withdrawls, and lck of alcohol the hardest part, leaving me feeling like I had no energy, my planning could have been better but it worked pretty well, I initally lost 2st in four weeks on the diet, then my loss slowed to ecently I got on the scales and read the 13st, to which I was properly chuffed.

I had problems with ccraving, (dreamign of toast )!haha - but didnt give in, and constipation, this lastly makes me think only do it for a short time, as this can be bad for bowl health..

I did the excersize a bit half heartedly, but recently stepped up the walking to running and Im doing 5 miles now, and using more of a calorie restricted diet at the weekends, and giving myself a few treats...

Happily, Ive gone down to nearly a 34" waitst, and my heart rate has dropped too.. and I have to buy all new clothes, can actually see my 6 pack and feel lean again.

My tips for anyone loosing weight:
1) Yoe valley fat free yogurt any time of day can be mixed to make a great dip, or mix with oat bran...
2) Micro wave some ham with paoched eggs in the morning for a great breakfast.
3) marnades for chicken, cooking mixes of stuff in the oven in foil etc are great
4) Cold showers (hahaha) I got used to them, and Im sure they boost your metabolisim and burn calories, I since stopped them, esp getting near winter, but will probably start them again in summer.
5) diet caffine free coke, in evenings, so not to keep you awake.
7) vit supplements in the begining.
8) Loads and loads of water,
9) buid walking into runnning, steadily and slowly, it really ramps up the fat loss, and you will feel great about yourself
10)then join a circuit training class, to get more off,
11) treat yourself with things other than food, occupy your mind when not busy.
12) stick with it and eat as much as you can first thing in the morning, this really will boost you metabolism first thing in the day, it will get the fat burning!!!!

So I also have a few questions, I'd love to hear from dukaners like me.

Questions,

1) If I have a large meal - like out at a restaurant, I am frequntly sick afterwards, or even at home with rich food, I can seem to eat as much etc - has anyone had problems with this. I also think that Im now more sensitiive to alcohol and foods which are rich etc.
2) Time - the stabilisation diet is the part where people often regain the weight, does anyone have any tips on ensuring this stays off if I reintroduce more usual foods into my diet. i.e eating habits, new recipes etc
3) Bran flakes, All Bran, are these ok for breakfask in the consilidation period,I belive that the diet isnt great for the intestines, and overall bowl health, and feel that the oat bran does not act as a bulking non soluble bran in the gut, and if over extended periods be bad for your health?
4) Reintroducing green top milk for brews and cereal??? rather than red top?

Very well done on your weight loss, it has obviously worked for you... but a couple of things:

I think Yeo Valley yogurts have added or too much sugar... alot of the Dukaners that follow this forum eat Total 0% Greek yogurt

this isnt recommened and I probably wont be the only person who will pick up on this.

4) Reintroducing green top milk for brews and cereal??? rather than red top?[/QUOTE]

Why? Even before I started Dukan I had been drinking the stuff for years, if your tea isnt milky enough just use more.

Congratulations on your loss

However I agree with Zoe and have a few more points!

Ham is tolerated so beware
Ditto spice mixes. I use them but some have added sugar

Are you sure you're in stabilisation? Sounds like you should be in consolidation now- different rules! With your loss it'll be a long period of time so you can't be through it already!

Well done.

Also wondering what cereal you can be wanting milk with since cereal isn't allowed!

Ok guys,
Yeo valley 0% fat yougurt has no added sugar. - Ive had literally loads of it. - this seemed ok on the dukan site too.
https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-we-make/yeogurt/0-fat-natural

If going on the attack was bad, well I did it anyway and lost what I put on during my break.

Dr dukan recomends red top milk, and so I did use that for the diet, and now on to green top which has a higher fat content.

I really want to have bran flakes or all bran for fibre in the mornings, as there isnt enough in the diet, and these cereal - though they contain sugar are low in calories??? is this really that bad?

and yea I mean consilidation, got mixed up there, I did a check online and my stabilisation goes through to the end of next year!!!!!!!! God -

Ham - I use one slice - diced, and micro waved with two poached eggs every day., Ive used lots of spice mixes and not really had any issues either.

Plus running regularly really amped the weight loss, (that and not eating all the wifes baking all the time!)

Yes, Ive had ham and spices all through this, and had no stagnations and the fat loss has been fine with these.
Im in the consilidation period, and I will be in the stabilisation till the end of next year as my loss has been so much.
Thanks though

Congratulations, Roin, on losing so much and reaching tw in such a short time! I think you mean you'll be in Consolidation till the end of the year, Stabilisation is the 4th phase and starts after that.

The truth of the matter is, it's up to you how you adapt the rules. Someone on here, I think it's Lyonsie, says she has always eaten whole oats, not just the bran, and always drunk semi-skimmed milk and has maintained a weight significantly below tw. Others seem only to have to sniff sweetener to pile on the pounds! I'm on Conso and I'm regularly eating more than one piece of fruit yet still losing. However my Gala meals aren't normally completely ott. You need to experiment and find what works for you.

Incidentally, being sick after a big meal doesn't sound normal, unless you're absolutely stuffing yourself stupid. You're bound to notice the effect of high fat food or alcohol when you've been abstaining for so long but not to that extent. I'd try to find out what's going on there if I were you.

Good luck maintaining your new-found slim figure!

sarafvrm said:
Congratulations, Roin, on losing so much and reaching tw in such a short time! I think you mean you'll be in Consolidation till the end of the year, Stabilisation is the 4th phase and starts after that.

The truth of the matter is, it's up to you how you adapt the rules. Someone on here, I think it's Lyonsie, says she has always eaten whole oats, not just the bran, and always drunk semi-skimmed milk and has maintained a weight significantly below tw. Others seem only to have to sniff sweetener to pile on the pounds! I'm on Conso and I'm regularly eating more than one piece of fruit yet still losing. However my Gala meals aren't normally completely ott. You need to experiment and find what works for you.

Incidentally, being sick after a big meal doesn't sound normal, unless you're absolutely stuffing yourself stupid. You're bound to notice the effect of high fat food or alcohol when you've been abstaining for so long but not to that extent. I'd try to find out what's going on there if I were you.

Good luck maintaining your new-found slim figure!

As Sara says, good luck! Was just suggesting you were wary of too many added extras from the original rules. Particularly the oat bran- it's prescribed specifically, not as part of a cereal mix etc. likewise with the conso/ stab phrases just wanted to make sure you knew conso lasted until next year as the rules then change again when you go into stabilisation

Would recommend starting a diary and posting menus for advice.

Wow well done on the loss, I'm hoping to do similar.

I love my oatbran for porridge, probably will carry on doing that even when in stab...which won't be for a long while LOL.

I use green top milk, I did try red, but I hated it and I found i was using more and mroe to colour drinks. So I changed back to semi. I use less in drinks, and only really use it in my porridge, though Ihave just discovered a milky jelly pudding, so that uses some too.

Hi and congrats on the great loss so far!

I agree, there is quite a bit of flexibility in dukan and some things work well for some but not others. As long as you're keeping an eye on what works for you, I don't really see a problem. It will make it easier to adjust to a 'normal' life after dukan.

As for your questions, I wanted to reply on the first one. I have felt this quite a bit, in fact, and find that I really have to be careful not to overindulge now. I was never a big drinker before, and now I can have even less. And I get nauseous and feel really bloated if I have too much rich food - the other day I had a bowl of hummus with veg sticks at lunch, and felt awful all day. If its just nausea and you're not vomiting (sorry for tmi!), I think it's ok, but Sara is probably right that you should see a doctor if it gets worse. For me, it's a sign that my eating habits and my body has really changed for the better, and I don't want to get used to eating and drinking more again. But it's not a nice feeling, so better to be careful with the gala meals!

Good luck Cx

Back