1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Step2 810kcal 4 days in!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by JoshP, 16 January 2014 Social URL.

1. JoshP

JoshP Member

Hey everyone!

I started the Cambridge Diet, straight in at step 2 on Monday. I was lurking and reading a few posts but thought I would get involved with a bit of discussion! A bit of background, I'm a 26 year old bloke and definitely need to lose some weight this year. I'm at work now but will update all my height/weight/target stats then I look at my sheet at home, but I need to shift around 5 stone all in all (at least!)

My real goal with this is to "kick start" a healthier living plan, I tried Atkins before with success for a couple of weeks, but naturally piled it all back on again as soon as I stopped!

I've found it OK so far - the shakes taste nowhere near as bad as I was expecting! I think my problem is mainly going to be solved with mind over matter, I love food that's bad for me! I'm also finding it really strange not eating - but not particularly feeling hungry? It's very odd!

Anyway, hope to offer to support to everyone, good luck to you all and hopefully chat to you a bit on here!

Cheers,
    Josh

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. leehal

leehal Well-Known Member

Welcome Josh, I have 5 stone to shift too. Just started week 2 and going well, missing the eating can be solved by SS+ or the introduction of bars. I did the diet around 7 years ago and SS+ all the way, in 12 weeks I lost 5.5 stone. This time I am 2 stone lighter than when I started last time, hoping for better long term results as the issue I had with my back have been lessened with a spinal fusion.

Stick with it and drink water, lots of it!

4. JoshP

JoshP Member

Great effort! Yes, I think drinking lots of water is key here. Luckily for me I drink a lot of water anyway so it's good. My general rules are that at my desk at work I should never have an empty glass, and that pee should be clear all day long! 7 days in today, not going too badly!

5. leehal

leehal Well-Known Member

Glad it is going well, how are your weightloss results?

I have changed to SS+ at the weekend, shouldn't make too much difference to my weight loss and I'm finding it much more bearable with a meal to look forward to at the end of the day.

6. JoshP

JoshP Member

Yeah, I think I'd find it tough to do it without the meal at the end of the day. It's something to look forward to! Well I weighed in myself in yesterday and I've lost 8lbs over the first week. Conscious that a lot of this will be "water weight" but it all counts! Hopefully couple this diet with some more exercise and the lbs should fly off! Have a stag do in Dublin at the end of Feb though, so that'll be interesting!

7. JoshP

JoshP Member

Just did a few calculations on my scales last night, so 9 days in and I've actually lost 10.2lbs! Worth noting in the 9 days I've been on 2 4 mile walks and also been to the gym a couple of times, which might have helped. So anyway - onwards and upwards!

8. leehal

leehal Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work Josh, I am coming up to 14 days tomorrow, had lost 20lbs on this mornings weigh in.

When I lose more weight I will walk more, thats about all I can do due to a back complaint.

9. Dreamofsuccess

Dreamofsuccess Well-Known Member

Wow great losses for you both. Well done.x