4 months to lose 3 stone??!! wanna join me?

thinkerbell25

Hi

I'm new to this forum and wanted to share my story and find out if anyone wants to buddy on our weight loss journeys!

I was a fit healthy long distant runner until i broke my ankle 3 years ago, since then i have pilled on the weight and as a result i am 3 stone over my ideal!

i have always said to myself i will do something about it but as usual i never did!
i currently live with my boyfriend and we have never been on holiday together, although this is set to change! we have booked a holiday woo hoo!!
BUT boo hoo to having only 4 months to shift 3 stone, hence me joining SW.

not only do i want to lose weight but i also want to be fit and healthy again. I ran the 10 mile great south run in october 2010 and it was the worse run of my life, i felt like i was running with an extra person on my back!! i want to run it again this year, get a good time and enjoy it instead of wanting to curl up on the side of the road and cry!!

so thats my story!
it would be great if i could meet some people so we can help each other.
i go to SW every monday night and i intend on using the gym 3 times a week!

anyone with me??
x

p.s
i can't seem to get my signature to stay. i edit it and preview/save it but it didnt appear above and then when i go bk to it, its gone!
anyone know what im doin wrong??

I think that your target of 3 stone in 4 months will be seen by many as not being a healthy aim. A sustainable weight loss after the first couple of weeks is between 1 -2 lbs per week. Slimming world is about changing eating habits for life not a quick fix and in the words of a Dragon in the Den "For that reason I am out" I wish you success in your weight loss journey but I am still temepted to say aim for less and be pleased if you get more. xx

i was meant to add about the short time thing.
i understand 3 stone can be seen a lot in such a short space of time but thats my aim and as close as i get to it the better, and as i intend to start running long distant again i think for this reason it MAYBE do-able.
when i first started running years ago i lost 2 stone in 2 months, running long distant and eating right. this is the reason why i love running so much, it makes u eat properly! because if you don't, you just dont have the energy to run!
to be honest my main aim is to be back in my size 8/10 jeans again and not my current size 12 ones! if i can fit bk into my old jeans i wont care what i weigh! lol

Good luck girl. i love your determination We could all do with a bit of that xxx

Hi Tinkerbell

I too want to lose 3 stone (I would be really happy with 2 and a half). Like your passion for running mine is for spinning, I just love it! That said, I still need a kick up the bum to get me there sometimes!

My trouble is I lose just over a stone and a half and then I get complacent, stop going spinning and the rubbish food starts creeping back in then, in time, I'm back to square one

I'd be more than happy to join you. I didn't have a time frame in mind however I did want to shift a big chance before the nice weather comes along and I have to do away from the big baggy jumpers. I guess 3 months will help me to focus my mind

In the current SW mag the cover woman lost 3 stone in 4 months. I'll be really impressed and inspired if you manage to do it :) Good luck! Keep us posted.

hiya,
id love to join your group/thread.

i have more than you all to loose but last year (sep-dec) i lost three stone in under 4 months-on green plan with only school walk each day with buggy for exercise..i ate well and felt well so it is possible..

ideally id like to re-lose that 3 stone again before the warmer weather and then focus on the next lot of poundage lol

im using my clothes as a guide and not going to be so hung up on lbs lost each wi.
Ive been on plan 100% since last week and my first wi is on friday-im not at group for various reasons so any help in here would be great! :)

Good look everyone and great thread thinkerbell!

sure we can all do it :) i cant wait to lose it i think no matter what diet once your focused its the key, my brother lost 5 stone in 3 months on healthy eating and swimming every night no diet, but as soon as he stopped swimming and stopped watching what he ate he put the 3 of the 5 stone back on, :)
ive lost 2 stone before on ww, and 3 stone on lipotrim,but last tuesday when i weighed was the heaviest i've ever been so head down now and lose it :)

but as you say brightonrosie, i want to do it in a way i can keep it up, not obseseve excersise like my brother, that i know i wont keep up,

i horseride but am sooooooo unfit even thats not comfortable, i bought a new horse before the snow and have not rode her since, so i'm going go get fit lose weight and have a fantastic summer with my hubby kids and horse !!!!!!!!!!!!

best of luck to us all :)

Miss M said:
Nicolas, your stats look very much like mine. I am 14stone and 5ft2 so way to big.I would like to get to 9st. I start my regime tomorrow doing 2 classes at the gym and healthy eating. I can't wait I have a zumba class and spinning tomorrow.

Do you all go to a slimming world club or do it online?

Hi miss m god u sound very active ;) fair play to u ;)
I do it on line lightest I ever remember being is 10 st 3 lb so I'd be happy if I got to 10 and half ;)
Hadn't a good loss last week but hopefully will make up for it on tue when I weigh;)
I hoping to do that Zumba on tue night with a friend is it good ?

hi thinkerbell
i would like to join your thread. i have over 60lbs to lose, the bulk of which, i would like to lose, by April4th(my 1st anniversary). i had one baby in 2008 and another in 2009, so i have a long road ahead of me.
stay focused on your goal, you're sure to achieve it:)

Hi everyone, and thank you thinkerbell for starting this thread. Looking at your stats we both have similar start weight and goal weight. Although I'm guessing you are much taller than me because I am a size 16 :( I would very much like to join you in the 4 month challenge! I'm aiming to incorporate some exercise into my life because at the moment I am way too sedentary. I have no idea where to start though so any tips on how to start and plan a fitness regime would be really appreciated :)

hi moonshimmer, there is a programe on rte called operation transformation, it has 5 different leaders and you can pick which one suits you and follow their fitness plan online
its not sw but you could just follow the fitness part, maybe get a few recepie ideas too :)

i def dont excersie enough really want to incoperate it into my everyday life too :)

i not following operation transformation but its a good way of using someone elses plan that you can see working every week

www.rte.ie and then you will see it in there

Hi miss m god u sound very active ;) fair play to u ;)
I do it on line lightest I ever remember being is 10 st 3 lb so I'd be happy if I got to 10 and half ;)
Hadn't a good loss last week but hopefully will make up for it on tue when I weigh;)
I hoping to do that Zumba on tue night with a friend is it good ?

Hiya

well i did the Zumba class it was AMAZING!!! the class was absolutely packed but it was fun and didn't feel like i was working out at all. I am definitely going to do that at least twice a week.

I went to the gym today they have a Mel B workout which was tough but I did it. THat is 3 classes for me this week as I did spinning also. I am hoping to do zumba again on saturday and spinning. I really want this weight off now.

You know I am seriously considering becoming a zumba instructor as I loved it so much!

DId you try the class how did you find it?

I haven't weighed myself since last week and do not want to as I have AF looming and I always retain a lot of water so I'll probably won't weigh myself until the end of the month now, I don't want to get disheartened.

Hiya

well i did the Zumba class it was AMAZING!!! the class was absolutely packed but it was fun and didn't feel like i was working out at all. I am definitely going to do that at least twice a week.

I went to the gym today they have a Mel B workout which was tough but I did it. THat is 3 classes for me this week as I did spinning also. I am hoping to do zumba again on saturday and spinning. I really want this weight off now.

You know I am seriously considering becoming a zumba instructor as I loved it so much!

DId you try the class how did you find it?
.[/QUOTE]

Hi only saw post now sorry ya I really enjoyed it was packed thou couldn't c instructor but class was free so I'm hoping that's why there was somany there I'm going back this week ;) my cuz trying to get me to do classes in her gym this week 2

You seem so active fair play to ya

hi ppl!

i had no idea so many ppl had replied! i lost my internet for a while but im bk online now and its great to see so many ppl have the same goal as me!
i have come to realise that this is a lot of weight to lose in such a short amount of time so I am taking my measurements and i am goin by my clothes as well but we can do this!!!

i weigh in every monday (expect tomorrow as i am away) so i will update every monday night with ym progress. so half i have lost 7lbs :)

i have struggled with motivation this week thou as i am not weighin in tomorrow so im determined to get bk on track this week, do lots of cardio, running and spinning!

hows evryone doin? it would be great if we can all keep each other goin!

i read the article in this months SW mag about the girl who lost all that weight, i have similar stats to her so im feelin good :) xx

i just realised ive logged in with another username!!!
i was sure i had an account ages ago but couldnt find it and now i have, so im now thinkerbell not thinkerbell25! durrrr!!!
xx

Hi there joined Sw at beginning of Jan this year but only got involved in this forum this wkend I too need to lose 3 stone and am really keen to do it in next few months am planning by end of April but know its short time!! Defo let's keep each other motivated, 4 years ago before got with boyf was training for london marathon, used to run and gym 5 times a week then hurt my hips and stopped also new relationship etc didn't help as didn't fancy getting out of bed at 6 for training when could stay and snuggle so now have gained 3 stone!!! Aaagggh! So going to get running again as exercise is big help! Weighing in on Thursday so will keep you updated, lost 4.5 lbs first week then maintained 2nd week!!!

Back