4 Months today on VLCD - what a blooming difference!

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
My progress pics.jpg

4 months ago today, on 27th September I started my VLCD journey. 3 weeks with LL and the rest with S&S. I planned a week off at Christmas and had it! I've been back on plan since then, but not so much the VLC aspect as it's been a tough 2013 so far. Anyhow, out of curiosity, this morning I decided to try on my inspiration New Look jeans - and they fit! So of course, it called for a celebratory photo! Really happy with my progress, and happy to take it a little bit slower right now til things get a bit calmer :D

Well done. Are you going to use S & S to get to goal but move up plans and wean yourself off by slowly introducing food?

My mum asked me exactly that question yesterday. I'm not entirely sure how I'll do it to be honest, and I'm not entirely sure what my target is either. I've really struggled this month with personal circumstances and have overeaten on a number of days, and on most days I have had some element of food as well as packs - I think the key is to stick with low carb, and to therefore stay in ketosis. I'm really happy that I've still dropped over a stone this month (Christmas gain included) and it's given my body chance to catch up too. I think the way forward is likely to be relatively low carb, and perhaps incorporating JUDDD into that, as I'm reading lots of good research on intermittant fasting - but we'll see. I'm going to finish of January as it's started with a mix of packs and food, then do February 100% and see what the difference is. I'm happy to slow my journey up a little if it keeps me on plan longer term :)

Great photo's, very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

U look fab noodles - I hope you don't think this is rude, but you look so much younger now! :D Can I just ask, have you been 100% (excluding this month - hope your ok - and christmas week). Have you been exercising? xxx

U look fab noodles - I hope you don't think this is rude, but you look so much younger now! :D Can I just ask, have you been 100% (excluding this month - hope your ok - and christmas week). Have you been exercising? xxx

Thank you, a few people have said I look younger now - that'll be because you can't see my Diedre Barlow neck! No, I shouldn't jest, I should accept the compliments given, they are all wonderful to receive - thanks so much. It still astonishes me that I'm getting them, and it's a good lesson in what being happy can do - that is Sunday pulled back in need of a wash hair, not bothered putting the contacts in and no make up on - all that effort I make during the week to cake it on!

Have I been 100% - no. I've mixed and varied all the way through. Always low carb, but not always low cal. I'd say that for the majority of days I've stuck to the plan with quite a lot of 4 packs plus veg and protein, but mainly 3 and protein and veg. Some days I've had a bit much protein - scrambled egg and smoked salmon for example, and some days I've gone a bit bonkers (but there aren't many of them until January....:sigh:). I've not exercised, other than being naturally a lot more active than I was previously, occasionally getting on my virbrotone for 10 mins when my neighbours aren't in, and walking to work maybe 3 times a week from the cheapy car park (tops a mile and a half there and back) - I do walk at a pace though, and practice tightening my core as I'm walking - one trick I learnt from RC classes, cause I'm rubbish at sit ups. Other than that - nothing specific, just kept on going. I've lost 3 stone 9 since 27th September, and nearly 4 dress sizes (except for my boobs but I'm good with that!) :)

Haha! Yes you must accept compliments! Wow noodles! Basically 4 stone in as many months! Well done! That is excellent! I have 4 stone to lose by early July - I do a lot of exercise and I'm worried it's slowing my losses :( If I can do as well as you and lose 4 stone in 4 months I will be chuffed to absolute bits and pieces! I shall pray to the diet god every day for the rest of my life! haha! xxx

If I can do it then honestly, anyone can. I've had nearly 30 years of trying to lose weight with very limited success until now - had my Christmas week off in there, and exercised my sabotaging thoughts regularly during January - 4 straight months at it and you'll be there for sure. I've just had the loveliest compliment too - my friend in Turkey wants to know how I've done it and can I help her to do it too, bless her :)

View attachment 76752

4 months ago today, on 27th September I started my VLCD journey. 3 weeks with LL and the rest with S&S. I planned a week off at Christmas and had it! I've been back on plan since then, but not so much the VLC aspect as it's been a tough 2013 so far. Anyhow, out of curiosity, this morning I decided to try on my inspiration New Look jeans - and they fit! So of course, it called for a celebratory photo! Really happy with my progress, and happy to take it a little bit slower right now til things get a bit calmer :D

You look great! Can I ask what size you are now? Wish I looked like that!

I really should have put that in the first post! Those jeans are a New Look 16 in their regular range, not Inspire. My start pics are size 22 with stretch leggings! In anything with stretch now, I'm in a 14 but still a 16 really I guess for proper sized stuff!

Although, I did get a size 12 maxi for my June hol and it's going to Marrakech with me next week cause it fits..... :)

Wow you look great! Have you still got that stripey jumper dress-bet the difference would be amazing if you put it on now x

Back