4 packs?

Cherrypie

Hi guys, I'm new to slim and save, was doing exante but was struggling with not eating anything and love the veg option of this one. The only thing is I'm struggling with 4 packs as I don't eat breakfast, so at the moment at 12 I am having a shake and a bar for lunch then a meal in the evening with veg. I don't feel like another shake at night... I was wondering if you could freeze a milkshake and have an ice lolly/ ice cream thing so that I can have pudding after my dinner, or is this just totally the wrong way to do it? Any advice would be great on what you guys do.
I know I should have breakfast but I don't have time and usually feel more hungry the earlier I eat in the day xxx

Hi Cherrypie, like you I get too hungry if I eat early in the day, so I don't start until 12-1 earliest now. I'd love the idea of a ice lolly shake, but the packs say to consume within 10 minutes of making them. I think it's so you get all the nutrients. Maybe you could phone s&s and ask if you could do it? I haven't tried it, so I am no authority on the matter! There are some sticky's with different ideas on ways to make the packs up and some fun things to try with them. xxxGoodluck xxx

I used to force a breakfast shake down and recently stopped bothering, and felt completely fine, so firstly continue avoiding brekkie if it makes you happy, theres research suggesting its not as important and amazing as people like to think.
I think, if you wake hungry and would love some brekkie -go for it. If, like me, you wake up feeling sick at the thought of food for at least 4 hours, skip it, drink loads of water and maybe a milky tea or coffee.

anyway, back to the main question, I eat in a a similar way, a few things I might do; have an afternoon snack of shake or soup at around 3 or 4pm and then Id have tea later like 8pm
or Id have a bar after tea, I wouldnt really feel hungry for it but I love desert after tea.
or what I often do is have a slightly bigger tea with more protein and veg instead of another pack. The only problem with this is its not strictly allowed, you'd need to know what you're eating to avoid going over carbs/calories etc, plus you're missing out on the vitamins the packs give you, but Ive done this quite a lot and do get decent losses (when Im being reasonable about it all!)

I'm not too bothered about missing out on the vitamins, I wasn't getting them before and I can always pop a vitamin pill! What I am missing is my sweets :) I want a pudding after my food! I think I'm gonna have to save my bar until evening, I have just made some drpepper ice lollies and they can't freeze quick enough I want one now!!! I think I'm gonna gamble and do a milkshake in a Lolly maker and hopefully it will resemble a mini milk or ice cream, I won't do it all the time I just miss my treats! Only just getting started but loving it loads more than exante, I felt so restricted on that and really don't on this, I love that I can have milk in a tea!!! X

You can freeze the shakes- some people do it. You are supposed to consume in 10minutes is to reduce the break down of the minerals and vitamins, but if you take a vitamin pill it'll be fine.

Also, if you do three packs and a protein meal you might find it easier- have you shake and bar lunch and then have a pack with protein and veg as dinner (mushroom pasta over grilled chicken breast with veg is yum).

You really do need the 4 packs or 3 and protein (you don't have to have the veg).

Have you tried the mousse mix with a shake after dinner? I quite like that as a pudding. Or I have a chocolate shake hot with half a spoon of orange water flavouring in it.. very tasty as an evening treat.

Oh will have to try this thanks guys! I was just a bit naughty and stuffed my face with sweets :( oh well gotta have a little treat every now and again hopefully that's fulfilled my sweet craving for a while!

Back