4 stone by xmas? am i setting myself up for a fail?

I think that target is ok, usually lose a stone a month and plus the 1st month can lose up to 2 stone, so go for it and good luck!! x

Not in the least bit unrealistic and certainly not ridiculous.

You can expect a stone a month... and as claire says - the 1st week will be a bigger loss.

Just take great delight in proving your mum well and truly wrong ;)

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,
I am aiming for a stone per month too, it is achievable.
I am starting Total on Monday, I know its a Bank Holiday but I had forgotten about it and I am so geared that I can't not start on Monday now. My first goal is just 7lbs so a small bite size goal to build confidence. Good luck.

If people don't know too much about the diet they find it unbelievable. You will only be setting yourself up for a fall if you let yourself get down if you do miss it by a small amount. Aim for that goal, you probably will manage it, or you may be a few lbs short - but you WILL have an amazing loss and that will be VERY worth celebrating.

Thats brilliant! Totally reachable and I've had a lot of people tell me I can't do it- they're eating their words now because I've lost 11.5lbs in 23 days and I've got another 33 days worth of stuff to get through which will hopefully be another 10lbs loss.. I've lost it a lot slower than most people though so you might have lost way more by day 23! Good luck hun! :D Xx

I'm aiming for 7 stone by Christmas!! I may not hit it, but I know that however close I get, it'll be an awesome loss.

When someone says you can't, make it your mission to prove you can!

I'm aiming for 7 stone by Christmas!! I may not hit it, but I know that however close I get, it'll be an awesome loss.

Seriously I wouldnt aim anywhere near that high.. thats NOT a realistic aim, not even factoring in a big week one loss. I wouldnt say you MAY not to it, Id say you most definitely WONT. Youre far better aiming for a sensible goal of 4 stones and smashing it.

7 stones in 4 months is almost double what you can expect on a vlcd... that just isnt going to happen. Remember a vlcd isnt like other diets, you cant speed up your loss by exercising or cutting back.. youre on the minimium your body needs to survive you cant speed it up any more. Besides whats the big rush youre going to lose huge amounts as it is.. aim for 4 and lose 5 and youll be thrilled to bits.... aim for 7 and lose 5 and youll feel youve failed. Believe me, Im speaking from experience. I set myself a target of a certain amount by a certain date and failed and instead of being proud of what I HAD achieved I just felt deflated at what I hadnt done. Since then I wont participate in any challenges or anything like that because Im not going to set myself up for disappointment

Dont do it :)

Last edited:
well said Star. 7 st is WAY too much weight to expect to lost in 16 weeks - that would be averaging 6lbs per week :eek:

By all means have a goal, but a realistic one, please :)

Stick to the plan and you will EASILY have 4st off and look fabulous at Christmas.

Good luck.

Onwards and downwards folks :)

P.S. sorry for the hijack yummy, I am sure you will reach your goal, IF you stick to the plan ;)

Starlight said:
Seriously I wouldnt aim anywhere near that high.. thats NOT a realistic aim, not even factoring in a big week one loss. I wouldnt say you MAY not to it, Id say you most definitely WONT. Youre far better aiming for a sensible goal of 4 stones and smashing it.

7 stones in 4 months is almost double what you can expect on a vlcd... that just isnt going to happen.

-______________________________________________________________________________________

I so agree with Starlight. It's a stone a month at best, but as you get closer to your ideal weight it slows down too. If you eat less than 600 cals you will not lose more weight! In fact your body will just go in to starvation mode and your metabolism will slow right down. So I would say four stone is the most you could lose by Christmas - if you are not that much overweight it might be much less.

GSQ

Last edited by a moderator:

You've got a whole year until your wedding day! Thats so much time to make yourself look fabulous =D You'll probably lose the first stone within 2/3 weeks but the other ladies are right, the rate of losing slows right down after that initial loss.. But you'll easily be at target months before the big day =D Xx

My xmas goal is to lose 3 stone.
Losing 7 stone by xmas is unachievable. Aim for 3 to 4, anymore will be a bonus.

yummymummy2bx: Your goal is great. Your Mum is probably just a little worried about you. Good luck with your weightloss hun.

Mandy

My Christmas goal is 2 stone. I don't lose weight quickly even on a vlcd, and I have some social stuff I just can't get out of. Still 2 stone will be half way to goal - which can't be bad!

It's a realistic goal and I applaud you. I know we all would like to take that magic weightloss pill one night and wake up slim the next morning, and we all know that aint going to happen.
In 14 weeks on LL i lost 5 stone (8 stone in total), i was told back then that was good going. My friend, in the same time lost 3 stone, so it just shows everyones weighloss journey is different.

Mandy

3.5-4 stone is my aim to!! and nice one with the dress make sure you keep it in sight!! GOOD LUCK!! :)

I am also looking to loose 4 st by christmas =) so lets stick by this and visualise ourselves as what we want to see ourselves as!! =)

Back